Celery and carrot in ragu and sugu

>celery and carrot in ragu and sugu

Why? Why do I do this? Onion I can understand since it has flavor and texture, but celery and carrot are flavorless and become mush when cooked.

Attached: grated-celery-parsnip-and-carrot1.jpg (800x600, 255K)

>celery and carrot are flavorless
tastelet alert

take them out and see for yourself.
>become mush when cooked.
that's kind of the point. a lot of italian cooks literally blend the soffrito before adding the meat and liquid

>celery and carrot are flavorless

Attached: 1514718373659.jpg (480x360, 21K)

No surrender 1690.

What the fuck?

There's a reason they're a part of stock, soups, and stews. Are you a fifteen-pack a day smoker?

Attached: Star vs The Forces of Confusion.jpg (400x394, 59K)

That isn't even onion in the pic.

Anyway, carrots and celery have great flavors. You trollin'? Carrots add sweetness. Celery has a spice/aromatic quality to it. The three together make one of the most traditionally appreciated combinations in the dining world. But yeah, why DO you do this if you don't care about that stuff then?

fuck you and fuck onions

I said when cooked. Give me a boiled carrot and I taste just mush. Same with celery.

I do it because my momma did it and my nonna did it and etc.

In the old country, cooked celery, carrot, onion was used in lieu of meat if the family/cook couldn't afford meat. It has a rich savory taste. Try some mirepoix or sofrito on its own next time and maybe you'd be fooled into thinking it had a slight meaty taste.

If you boil them, their flavors pass into the water. That is part of the point of stock. You really don't get the importance of this?

IIRC the polish equivalent of mirepoix adds parsnip to the celery, carrot, onion.

Grate carrot and celery, cook with finely chopped onion and parsley and garlic. This "sauce" is like the fundamental of Italian cooking and to a point French cooking.

Ah, alright. Thanks for that info. Just thought it was odd that OP was talking about "the trio" with mention of onion (the trio I know) but posted a pic of a different trio.

this. what are sweetness and spice/bite

>boiled carrot loses all its flavor, therefore all cooking = boiling.
Jesus Christ, bro.

Holy trinity. Their essences combine to make the savory flavor of soup stock. Generally you toss the mush since you're already taking the flavor out of it. Maybe run a couple more stocks out of it, and reducing them down to limit the waste.

>celery and carrot are flavourless
AMERICANS

Attached: 1516593227414.png (629x466, 537K)

Is this bait? OP is a faggot.

O B E S E D

Helps with acidity, fucko

I think its stem + root celery

Then start steaming your veggies using an in-pot colander and how about cooking them only to the point until they are firm but only just "not-crunchy"

aren't you that kid that wanted to fuck his dad on r9k

I'm with you OP, I hate carrot and celery. mirepoix more like mirepoop.

what I do is cut up onions, and then I sub slim jim shavings for the celery and ramen packets for the carrot. as my favorite chef of all time likes to say "BAM KICK IT UP A NOTCH"