OK, there's always lots of talk about cooking rice but I wanna know about rice itself. What does Veeky Forums eat...

OK, there's always lots of talk about cooking rice but I wanna know about rice itself. What does Veeky Forums eat? What does user recommend for a normal white rice or brown rice?

I'm a pasty white dude who grew up on American store brand long grain rice, but I just got a fancypants rice cooker and people there are better rices that'll blow my mind. My Asian ex was always talking about Kokuho Rose but I couldn't tell a huge difference.

Attached: c28[1].jpg (420x421, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thailee.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just use a rice cooker. They're cheap, and you get great rice every time.

mothafucka

>didn't even read the post
>straight into the meme-cooker shilling
embarrassing

I like making the following:
if you're making some Indian food, it pairs decently with jasmine rice or add tiny amount of tumeric to standard long grain to make it yellow . If making Japanese use a tiny bit of rice wine vinegar in short grain.
Persian style rice has tiny bit of safforn in basmati. Aborio is for Rissoto

t. white american dude

jesus man

Buy a Cuckoo brand rice cooker. I've had a pressure induction model and it cooks perfectly while being affordable.

what is it like being retarded and illiterate

>I just got a fancypants rice cooker
Just buy a rice cooker. You won't regret it!

i'm loving busmati lately.

also, get a rice cooker.
pic related. a rice cooker!

Attached: make-steamed-rice-without-rice-cooker-stove-top-step7[1].jpg (540x304, 99K)

>busmati
i mean *basmati
fuck

i've never even heard of "Kokuho Rose"
but i'm definitely going to look for it. cheers, op.

Get a rice cooker. Fire and forget. Perfect results. Problem solved.

is this for real

OP here. I appreciate the next-level responses but I just wanna know what type of rice to buy to impress people from the lesser races.

Can't go wrong with the rice cooker, my dude.

check out a rice cooker OP
perfect every time

Personally, I like using a rice cooker but when there isn't one on hand, you can use a pot.

yeah, a pot's pretty OK
we can't just assume OP can afford a rice cooker or that he even wants one

basmati rice like a real indian
you say 'basmati' wrong btw

>basmati rice like a real indian
>indian

Just no.

OP never mentioned basmati
this is just about rice cookers in general

>been using a rice cooker my entire life
>alway fuck up uncle ben's in a pot

OP was asking about rice cooker's, i think uncle ben's would be fine in a nice zojirushi or something

Three Ladies brand jasmine rice is my daily go-to, smells wonderful and has a great texture. I buy a 15lb bag of it every month or so.

I also keep some basmati around for Indian food.

yes but what rice cooker do you use

Some cuckoo pressure model that talks to me in Korean so I can feel like I have a qt Asian waifu in the kitchen cooking for me.

that doesn't narrow it down in any meaningful way

you should order a rice cooker OP

Hypothetically speaking, if you already owned over 9000 rice cookers, what kind of rice would you cook in them?

I'd say it would be time to learn to cook rice without a rice cooker. It's not that hard, it's not even any real effort. You'll realize how much money was wasted on those things.

If you can get ahold of rice sold by the Thai Lee corporation, harvested same year or the year before, it's a whole new ball game. It's like comparing fresh spices to spices that have been on the shelf for a decade. I didn't know that rice had flavor until I found the bags that had the two deer heads on them. Obviously go for the fragrant if you can find it, or glutinous if you want to make really sticky rice. Get both.

thailee.com/

For fragrant, soak your rice overnight and steam it while covered until you feel it's the texture you want. I swear it tastes completely different than other rice.

irrelevant, they will all come out perfect every time if you just use a rice cooker
nice try, OP

Just get a rice cooker man. But not one of those shitty western one's, you gotta get a Japanese one. They have a lot more settings and will not only cook your rice to perfection every time but also keep it that way for a whole day.