/bg/ - Beer General

Drain pouring shit beer edition!

Welcome to beer general! This is the place to discuss and shitpost about beer on Veeky Forums.

Feel free to ask for recommendations, but make sure you specify where you're from!

Beer General Discord: discord.gg/BacBbG4

Finally, if you can't handle IPAs, kys!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 117K)

I'm not the huge booze fan but I do enjoy a beer every now and then, I tend to drink corona.

I think Corona is widely interpreted as the worst commonly available beer in the US, with the exception of malt liquor.

Maybe that's just because of lack of taste, but lack of taste is better than something tasting bad.

Guinness Milk Stout.

Attached: C166dl5XAAA0WVo[1].jpg (1200x600, 104K)

Did this come out recently?

I think it only made it to US last year
But not THAT recently, it's just what I picked up today. Stouts are the comfiest.

>Finally, if you can't handle IPA
The reason people bitch about IPA is not because they can't "handle" it, you underaged piece of garbage

>this kills the /alcoholics/

threadly reminder that wine is better than beer

It's all subjective

Had to pour a shitty beer last night. Was supposedly an imperial wheat stout, but it tasted like liquid smoke. Nasty shit.

What does Veeky Forums think of Corona? It's the only beer I like

speaking of guinness, anyone tried this?

Attached: guinness lager.jpg (1280x720, 173K)

is it /beer/ or /bg/
make up your minds

>pliny the elder
Doing gods work user, I live in the city where that beer is produced and the fanaticism surrounding it is insufferable.

Attached: 1510440919014-v.jpg (800x1029, 174K)

Been enjoying Fulton Pils lately, nice that it's finally warming up around here. Any fellow Minnesotans try Bent Paddle's new DIPA yet? Haven't seen it at my usual store

It's supposed to be /beer/

Honestly I've been told that it's heavily overrated and that it tastes like the first good DIPA that ever existed. Which is to say that it's quite basic for it's style now.

I wouldn't actually drainpour it, you goober.

I drink this a lot, I really like it.

I seem to be the only person in the world who enjoys it, everyone who sees me drinking it tells me how much they dislike it.

I tried the Alaska Brewery Ale and Its fantastic. Probably one of the best ales I've had in awhile. Very little hops and a rich malty flavor, exactly how I like my ales. I decided to try their white ale as well and it was good, but too trippel-ish for my tastes.

anyone tried pic related or anything else from sixpoint? it was my go-to get drunk fast beer when i was living in NYC, not overwhelmingly hoppy despite the fact that it has over 100IBUs. was very ez to drink in public because people think its an energy drink.

Attached: download.jpg (81x240, 7K)

> I live in the city where that beer is produced and the fanaticism surrounding it is insufferable.
The only time anyone in Santa Rosa won't shut up about it is literally when Younger is around, and then Russian River's mostly being visited by tourists.

Had to drain pour this one once it warmed up. Alcohol taste everywhere!

Attached: OmnipolloCoveredinPuppies.jpg (1556x2074, 717K)

What are good beers for cooking? Also is it ok to cook with cheap beer or should I just use beer I'm willing to drink?

Attached: StigbergetsSublimo.jpg (1556x2074, 582K)

I love Omnipollo but due to distance I haven't had any of their IPAs.

I'm surprised that one was so bad given the RateBeer ratings. I know that Omnipollo gets a lot of hype but it's a much better score than meme beers like Hilma however.

This was the EU version though, might be that Trillium did a better job at brewing the beer? I will bet you that is part of it atleast!

Best hoppy Omnipollo is still the Fatamorgana, and even that one is shaky at times with very bad batches here and there!

Had this one as the first of four Verdant beers tonight!
Very pleasant low abv beer, now if it cost half and came in 6 packs!

Attached: VerdantLightBulb.jpg (1556x2074, 838K)

I had a couple of barleywines that were about 10 and 12 years old once.
Pic related was brewed in calvados casks and the other was brewed in shandy casks.
A quarter of the bottles were sediment, and I had to strain the liquid through a towel. Didn't change a thing. Some of the worst things I've ever tasted in my entire fucking life.

Attached: worst fucking shit.jpg (150x300, 19K)

I really feel this sitting on beer pretending will taste better down the line is just bullshit at the moment. Only works with beers just out of the canning line needing some time (day or two) to settle and barrel aged beers that soaked up more than the brewer intended.
Rest is just bull!

Wow really I think you mean bud lite Budweiser and bud lite lime buddy stop being racist

> I think Corona is widely interpreted as the worst commonly available beer in the US
Budweiser or PBR clearly have the right to that title.

Corona at least has more flavor than your average AALs. Can't personally drink it because I got sick off it once. For its price, however, you could definitely get better.

Wheat stout doesn't sound good at all. Go barley or go home.

Very Juicy beer! Brits know do it is well!

Attached: VerdantHeadband.jpg (1556x2074, 628K)

Old school good!

Attached: VerdantBloom.jpg (1556x2074, 665K)

how long is the optimal time for something to spend being barrel aged?

i'm mainly thinking of imperial stouts, since i've seen a lot of different places do it for different times, 30 days, 2 months, 6 months, 300 days and 1 year are the ones i've seen so far.

>tfw live in a state with a fledgling beer scene and shitty oppressive beer laws
There is no reason Maryland shouldnt be nuked

>tfw live in one of the best beer states
I am switching off my diet just so I can have some beer. Only one a day, though.

I don't live in MD anymore but whenever I visit I like to try that Flying Dog beer or whatever it is called, can't remember.

It goes good with Mexican food if and only if it has a slice of lime of 12 in it. Coors light is pretty bad, but shit like Busch and Nati are definitely the worst.

Frederick actually has alot of local breweries now (Olde Mother, Attaboy, Midnight Run to name a few), though Flying Dog was still the biggest in state Brewery until Guinness moved in

gross

Who sour-beer here?

pic related, best I've ever had. 2014 best year, 2015 pretty good, haven't tried any of the new batches.

Attached: la folie.jpg (206x650, 95K)

Sour beer sounds better than bitter beer. I'll have to look for some.

Drinking one of these, pretty good

Attached: Lakefront 30th Anniversary.jpg (3024x4032, 2.02M)

Got a heavy seas sampler. I usually dont go for the craft brew but it was on sale for 12.99 today. its all pretty good

This one is pretty good if you can find it, and less expensive. It's not a brown though, so it has a lighter flavor.

Attached: sour.png (169x300, 91K)

pic related is pretty good, Otra Vez is good too

Attached: the salty lady.jpg (488x488, 68K)

god i hate those stupid meme beer holders all these nu-breweries use, getting a beer is now 10x harder than it used to be even though the old ones were fucking fine

I will have to give this one a try.

Anderson Valley Hop Ottin' IPA is a great IPA if you get a chance to try it.

>pretty good
>pretty good
>pretty good
>pretty good

could you faggots be any less descriptive?

your post is pretty good

Pretty good is pretty strong praise

Sour beer is amazing. Love that shit can only get it when visiting friends in boston.

I actually think pbr is the best tasting of the mega brewery beers. I'm not a hipster I swear. I used to drink bud light for my cheap beer, but it just tastes like chemicals to me now, and it gives me a headache.

Christ man, how much do you drink a night? Otherwise, I dig the mastodon glasses, do they still make those?

Six Point is okay. I've had the gose and maybe one other. It's nothing that will blow you away, but it's all solid drinkable shit.

that's just 5 beers...

True, but I'm guess they aren't all a measly 5%

Is smirnoff and mikes hard lemonade technically beer?

>General

yeah that's how i feel about it too. some of their limited releases are pretty damn good tho, if you come across CREAM (coffee blonde ale) or Puff (unfiltered Resin) i recommend trying them.

Budweiser

They do look better but it's probably just because of muh turtles.

Debatably Australia's best core-range regular IPA.

Attached: IMG_20180318_002417.jpg (3480x4640, 2.61M)

>that description
I'd rather my beer have a snowflake label than a snowflake description, desu ne.

If the beer is good who cares

It's really not that bad considering some breweries have downright condescending labels.

Left Hand milk stout is GOAT

>pine
Disgusting

Why do people drink IPAs?

>people must like all the things i like!
this might destroy your autistic view of the world but taste is not objective.

>Pretty good is pretty strong praise

This. When dealing with beer guys and a market flooded with shitty IPAs and over-hopped crap, tasting a new beer and thinking "This is pretty good" is a moment/feeling that happens way to rarely.

Attached: ralph.jpg (271x240, 13K)

I literally just asked an honest question.

Too bitter, overwhelms any other flavour. Inferior to other modus beers let alone any other brand

It's an acquired taste I'll admit, but it's nice if it's not overdone.

Perhaps I just have a high bitterness tolerance but I really didn't think it was that bad at all.

Not true. Even coffee is better than wine.

Living in Santa Rosa, I don't understand the hype for it. It's just passable IPA. Living so close to the RRBC I almost never go there. Now I'll drive out of my way for a good sour beer like in Sebastopol. But I live 2mins away from a liquor store and can just get some tall boys of busch.

> Living in Santa Rosa, I don't understand the hype for it. It's just passable IPA. Living so close to the RRBC I almost never go there.
I'm with you there. Granted I like RRBC's other stuff but I still rarely went when I was living in SR. Hell, I didn't even try Younger until this year (it's good, but maybe not worth the couple hours I waited).

>but I still rarely went when I was living in SR
-because it was always so packed every night. Forgot to add that bit.

Aussie here. What beer should I brew next if we are in Autumn at the moment?

Guinness Draught is shit in bottles or cans, but okay on tap. I tried Guinness IPA Nitro in cans today and that one's okay, actually. O'Hara's Irish Red Ale is a good one, also.

How bout a porter or a stout and let it age in a keg or bottles until winter.

I got a chocolate vanilla stout on at the amount. Might look into another dessert kind of stout.

Better pic. I actually live in Springfield but it's a nickname I heard that I'm rather fond of. Not a terrible beer for 99 cents a tallboy. It has more actual taste than Natural Ice, it's competitor.

Attached: 20180317_215806.jpg (4032x2268, 2.11M)

I'd say Feral War Hog is.

Maybe some kinda amber ale or ESB or something

Impressed with this beer. The Blueberry version was very disappointing but there was a decent amount of watermelon here.

Attached: IMG_20180318_195147.jpg (3480x4640, 2.77M)

Round 2. Really liking the fruity coffee notes here.

Too bitter for my tastes without a good enough amount of supporting malt. Plus it's a DIPA, not a regular IPA.

Attached: IMG_20180319_032219.jpg (3480x4640, 2.83M)

Had a few of these last night. Entirely too bitter for a pale ale imo and it's one of Blacklist's most overpriced. Ah well

Attached: LPOE.png (214x500, 43K)

That sounds grotesque.

>Pliny the Elder
Good beer, and helped to introduce the style. At the time, it blew people’s minds. I enjoy it for what it is, but it’s time has passed.

>Russian River Brewing
I went there last year for the first time. I’ve always admired what they do. In addition to inventing the DIPA, they were one of the breweries that established sours as something that Americans could produce, sell and enjoy. Great beer at the brewpub, terrible food.

Why?

it was the other way around for me, I enjoyed the blueberry a lot more than the pineapple one

these dudes were showcasing some of their beers at my beer store yesterday, and all of them were excellent (especially that Magnificent Pagan Beast quadrupel and that Eternal President tequila barrel aged), but they're all godawfuly expensive
can anyone living in Virginia tell me how much they are here ? just so I know if it's this much of a scam to buy one here or notor not

That's too bad. They're usually great

fuck, forgot pic

Attached: Lickinghole-Creek-Craft-Brewery-logo-BeerPulse.jpg (606x606, 64K)

What beers from Evil Twin are all hype and which ones are actually worth it? I've only had Imperial Biscotti Break, thought it was good but wouldn't go out of my way for it again.

Yeah, that and the rhubarb wit were the only ones from them that disappointed me. Still absolutely love Dark from them, grabbed a 4-pack today.

Am I the only one (probably not) to think that beers in cans taste horrible?

yeah, thats a bad take. Cans are the superior packaging format

>the year of our lord 2018
>not drinking all beer from a glass

And don't use the "but I wanna drink outside" bullshit bring some plastic cups

>tfw usually pour out most beers because it either gets warm and tastes like shit, or it sucks and I feel bad for wasting it.

I've honestly only found 2 beers I drink one bottle and actually want a second.

what beers are they?