Was there every a point when all of the following families were all active at once. I need this for reasons

Was there every a point when all of the following families were all active at once. I need this for reasons.

>Plantagenets in England
>Capets
>von Luxemburgs
>Habsburgs
>Guelphs
>Hohenstaufens
>Arpads in Hungary
>Piast in Poland

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Capet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capetian_dynasty
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep! All those families were in power between the years of 1126 and 1268.

Plantagenet: 1126 - 1541
Capet: 987 - 1328
von Luxembourg: 963 - 1616
Habsburg: 985 - 1780
Guelphs (although they weren't a family, just a political faction): ~1120 - ~1320
Hohenstaufen: 1079 - 1268
Árpád: 855 - 1301
Piast: 960 - 1675

Who's who in this pic?

>Capet: 987 - 1328

More like 888 - 2016 (1848 if you only count France).

I just included the direct male line. Same reason why I didn't say that the Habsburgs were in power until 1918.

The Habsburgs were unheard of in 985, the first time they ruled anything was 1273.

Not direct people but representations of the Seven Electoral Seats of the You Know What

From Left to Right
>Archbishop of Cologne
>Archbishop of Mainz
>Archbishop of Trier

>Count Palatinate of the Rhine
>Duke (?) of Saxony
>Margrave of Brandenburg
>King of Bohemia

That's the direct male line. The last kings of France and the current king of Spain are all direct male line descendants of Saint Louis, Hugh Capet, and Robert the Strong.

They're still not called Capets. They're part of the House of Bourbon, a cadet dynasty of the Capets.

House of Luxembourg is wrong too, they're from 1247.

Okay, now challenge mode: In Power and Significantly in conflict

Also by Guelphs I mean more the Welfs that they are named after.

I'm trying to design a boardgame based on these different families at various times and I needed an interesting dynamic for every region between players.

Which is why I hope for something pre 1268 so we can have Staufens in Sicily but I also need the Luxembourgs in Bohemia. (Which doesn't work)

They're the Capet (the proper name is House of France). It's still a dynasty even if it doesn't always pass to the first born, by your logic none of the other dynasties even exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Capet

>Dissolution 1328

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capetian_dynasty

hurrr

Still not the same house.

The Habsburgs were around since the 10th century. It is just that they were minor counts, instead of Kings.

It's the same house, the House of France. There's an uninterrupted male line of descent going from Robert the Strong to Charles X or Louis-Philippe of France, and to the current king of Spain. The "Capet-Valois-Bourbon" distinction is a 19th century historiographic creation to distinguish the first Capetian rulers of France from the other branches of the House of France which ruled afterwards, but which still obviously all belong to the same fucking House.

You're an idiot and your dates are all wrong.

That's 1027 then.

>In 1328, King Charles IV of France died without male heirs, as his brothers did before him. Philip of Valois, the late king's first cousin acted as regent, pending the birth of the king's posthumous child, which proved to be a girl. Isabella of France, sister of Charles IV, claimed the throne for her son, Edward III of England. The English king did not find support among the French lords, who made Philip of Valois their king. From then on the French succession not only excluded females, but also rejected claims based on the female line of descent.

>Thus the French crown passed from the House of Capet after the death of Charles IV to Philip VI of France of the House of Valois, a cadet branch of the Capetian dynasty,

Amazing copypasting skills, idiot.

t. faggot who just got told

>literally incapable of writing a sentence
You're on the wrong board, idiot.

Philippe de Valois was son of Charles de Valois, brother of King Philippe IV, both kids of Philippe III.
It's the same house with a different name.
Why was the name changed?

Charles, brother of Philip the Fair, was made count of Valois and thus known as Charles de Valois. When Philip the Fair's sons all died, it was Charles' son Philip of Valois who became king. It was still referred to as the House of France though.

It's pure patrilineal succession, this kind of thing happens in other dynasties all the time without anyone changing their names. The only reason it's sufficiently remarkable in France for historians to distinguish between "Capets" and "Valois" is because aside from that and the Valois-Bourbon transition, French succession always went from father to firstborn son like clockwork.