Why do people insist on calling pizzas "pies"?

Why do people insist on calling pizzas "pies"?

Attached: file.png (800x536, 751K)

>t. autist shitpost

Why do we insist on calling OP a faggot?

Americans want to reduce their vocabulary

Attached: 327D3BBC-C037-4C22-89C7-CC269A253178.png (225x225, 10K)

Obsession isn't healthy, boys

Attached: The-Difference-Between-True-Love-and-Unhealthy-Obsession2.jpg (728x466, 168K)

go Fuck yaself that’s why

Attached: 463E46EE-6193-4A7E-943A-5C765054EA58.jpg (200x300, 52K)

Attached: E53B7134-4DFC-4037-A9FF-0D9CEC8F307D.jpg (925x583, 175K)

>proving his point

I do it because I heard pizza is italian for pie. i could care less if its true. sometimes I call it pizza pie which is fun for some odd reason

And we shall call it Newspeak

Attached: 1511983686665.jpg (275x183, 10K)

Don't you have a rape gang to be ignoring the existence of nigel

Because they’re baked?

Because an smerican pie could be slized up into slices so of course when the italians migrated and started selling pizzas enmasse the population went "Lmao, look mah, flat pie." Just so happened everone likes pizza so the name stuck.

You can't just dismiss legitimate criticism like that. We have to deal with your shitty talk every fucking day. You're like that rancid Indian who walks around in a singlet and bare feet, polluting the environment with his very presence. Maybe consider fixing your filthy culture.

i get into a hot rage when i hear americans call pizza pies

Shouldn't you be at Holocaust class right now, mutt?

Attached: 1349548855609.png (427x416, 34K)

The amount of sincere reactions to images like these makes me sad that Americans can't enjoy banter

nah hes afraid that hell get shot at school

Brits call cakes puddings and cookies biscuits. Thats way worse

You have to understand that to italians the name of a food implies a set of standards and expectations.
This also applies to pizza. To italians pizza means pizza-margherita. Where as the American version of this has as much dough as a pie and has a very distinct crust edge.

Think of it as a way to preserve culinary culture.

Attached: C245724E-FE29-4975-9890-350BD95AC23D.jpg (600x414, 103K)

because someone put cheese in a pie and called it a pizza pie. then the rest of america got confused and started calling every pizza a pie.

pic related. a pie.

Attached: image[1].jpg (2048x1356, 439K)

That looks really good...

chicago pizza is disgusting, should call it for what it is, tomato casserole in a crust

For a pie.

i just googled and a site that calls itself "cookipedia" is showing an image of lasagne and calling it a pizza.

www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Chicago_deep_pan_pizza

.co.uk

kek

Yes, let's get specific with all pizzas. New York pizza is "cold, floppy, jumbo, discount, rubber triangles." Detroit pizza is "garlic bread with tomato sauce and cheese." St. Louis pizza is "burnt cheesy squares on cornmeal." California Pizza is "half a barbeque chicken sandwich on a tortilla." Italian pizza is "giant air bubbles with tiny amounts of cheese and a drop of tomato sauce."

you are one buttmad burger, son

is a cake a pie?

>When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza ___, that's amore.

You really need a separated filling and crust to be a pie.

Lol who hates pizza this much

Pizza is unironically garbage.

And by garbage, I mean good when I'm hungry but there are many other foods I'd rather buy or make.

the alliteration and meter is pleasing to the american ear

What did he mean by this?

Only when said with an italian accent.

A pie with no survivors...

That's tomatoe soup in a bread bowl

Pizza is more like a tart.

Pies have lids.

Attached: b37.jpg (306x480, 23K)