Why dont you support your local market?

Why dont you support your local market?

Attached: A60FEB35-184E-4DFD-B697-FD057FAD2CE9.jpg (1024x555, 178K)

I actually do, I have no option.
I live in a rural area in the middle of nowhere, the closest walmart is 20km away

Because it's filled with scammers. t. swede

They don't actually provide anything worth buying there over the supermarket. Why would I wait for market day and go through the effort of going to downtown just to get some carrots and potatoes that I could have just as easily obtained at the store a short walk from my apartment? Sometimes the tomatoes and berries are better than you would get elsewhere but I can't make whole meals of just those things. They need to actually have a better product or price to be able to compete with stores instead of just relying on peoples attachment to supporting local business.

For example, they never grow or sell amaranth greens which are perfect or our area or offer a wider array of dried chilies since the stores only have like 5 of the basic types even in the Mexican markets. Also they never sell native acorns, bay leaves, pinyon, Catalina cherries or manzanita berries all of which would be great for a local farmer. They have so many opportunities to stand out from the copy/paste grocers while promoting local foods but they always squander it. Instead they decide to sell some potatoes and oranges like a grocery store with no roof and want you to pay more for the privilege.

Attached: 1491711499573.png (416x577, 316K)

in mexico all we have are local markets

Too autistic to try something like that. The odds of someone actually talking to you seem much higher than a soulless chain grocer.

Somalians?

Because it's HEB and fuck HEB.

They overcharge here in nowheresville, California, and a lot of the stands are just mexicans buying nonorganic fruit, taking the stickers off and making ludicrous money selling them as local organic produce. Id rather go to the store where the asians all glare at me like im out of place or the mexican equivalent since they're both local produce for realsies and cheaper than anywhere else.

It's winter you dumbshit

I'm not paying 8 bucks a lb for a 2.5lb chicken.

I will once I start selling food.

Cool post bro. 10/10

>taking the stickers off
fucking this, I'm in flyover and they do it here too except it's mostly scuzzy tweakers. You could sell those rich soccer moms and hipsters a plate of cat turds if you told them it was local and organic. Plenty of legit stalls too of course but you really have to pay attention

Theyre scams. People buy GMO vegetables wholesale and sell them as home grown organic shit at a huge markup

when i lived in california i got all my produce at the local market

now i have to drive 30 minutes out of town to go to the market, hoping that there's a vendor that isn't just some scummy mexican/kurdish fuck who bought all their shit at loblaws

If it can’t be trusted to sell stronger tables, I wouldn’t trust anything there.
The market here sells good fish, but I once put my finger up a girl’s asshole and handled a lettuce.

too poor, even though i know that local market produce has superior quality to the cheap stuff they at the supermarkets. once i get a nice job though i will only buy from local markets. fuck the mega corp jews.

because human contact.

Actually pretty much this, i've tried to and i dont consider myself scared of human contact or anything but man the other customers, older women in particular are so goddamn annoying and makes buying even a small bag of tomatoes such a fucking hassle that it's better to just go to the supermarket.

Stalls selling veggies'n shit are pretty much a competition on who's the rudest bitch ie constant shoving other customers out of the way and you need to yell to get the attention of the salesman or else you cant buy anything at all.

Shit i think i once almost got into a fight with some particularly nasty cunt when i saw a bag of tomatoes and some other veggies going for cheap which i wanted on the cheaper prebagged corner, i picked it up first and then a few seconds later when i started pestering the seller i want to buy this some nasty cunt grabbed the bag in my hand and tried to rip it off yelling she saw it first it's her like seriously WHAT THE FUCKING WHAT?!
And i had to relinquish the veggies because the salesman wouldnt sell it to me anymore even though he clearly saw i got it first because unlike some batshit crazy bitch on menopause, a young guy like me aint going to make much of a scene just for a bag of cheap veggies.

Because it's expensive as fuck. As a student, I have like five euros per day and I'm not paying three euros for a kilogram of potatoes. Living in a town full of hipsters and pretentious old farts really gets your living costs through the roof desu

I'm too lazy to wash veggies and fruits.

Wait. Are you saying that the cat turds out there are local AND organic? I'll take it. I'll take twelve!

Attached: homestraw.png (449x467, 47K)

>20 minute drive away
>parking is horrible
>overpriced to heck
>there's nearly as many shitty crafts stalls as there are legit food stalls

I know "20 minute drive" might not seem local, but it's the only farmers market in my city.

Yeah, this. They seemto liketo talk with the buyers.

It's too far.

Attached: 42KBKzU.jpg (242x310, 13K)

They don't sell whisky at 2am.