I decided to make a strong moomoo soup...

I decided to make a strong moomoo soup. I went all out and purchase 2kilograms of the good meaty bones and then baked it for 45 minutes to enhance the flavor.
Then of course bunch of veggies got tossed there along with some spices as well and now all I have to do is fill it with water and then play the waiting game for 20 hours or so for it to fully cook
Tomorrow by this time i will have 6 liters of pure ambrosia waiting for me

Mmmmm can't wait

Any other soup addicts here?

Attached: IMG_20180316_193622.jpg (2092x1644, 629K)

Looks nice desu senpai, keep us updated

why not peel the garlic?

not op, but why bother? the vegetable material will be entirely devoid of flavor and tossed at the end of the process.

You're suppose to add veg at the last hour of simmering.

Best practice is to use aromatic vegetables when you simmer the stock, then discard them. Then you add new vegetables when you make the soup. Layer and depth of flavor for the stock, the soup vegetables still have distinct taste and texture. Some people toss the stock's aromatics, but you can blend them into the stock for thicker, non-clear soups.

Best practices is to add miroproix at the last hour of simmering. it only takes an hour to get the essence out of the vegs, you just end up clouding shit with anymore simmering time.

NOW I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE BEST PRACTICE IS
HELP

Maybe you should just fuckin' try both
>oh no I lost a couple of hours of my time and $5 in vegetables whatever will I do

Moo moo? Like beef soup?

he's talking about miropoix vs matignon. which is correct, but i don't know why he would simmer the veg so long. 10 hours would disintegrate it into the stock and cloud it.

Add towards the end if clarity isn't required, if you want a superthick stock you will simmer for days (there are types), or if you aren't going to clarify it with a raft.

>best
What?

>if you want a superthick stock you will simmer for days (there are types)
Disgusting asian techniques.

*spits*

>spitting in disgust
I find it strange that despite having such disgust for wandering gypsies you Italians have so much in common.

Cooking stock for many days until vegetable matter breaks down entirely has its advantages terrone.

wow

>Cooking stock for many days until vegetable matter breaks down entirely has its advantages
Thickening a stock isn't an advantage.

The peel on garlic and onion will add tasty color to the broth

also 16 hours later

Attached: IMG_20180317_113409.jpg (2592x1944, 1.57M)

Exactly this. I cook it with a pile of root veggies and then toss them out because they are reduced to tasteless sponges as their flavor goes into the soup.
Then about 30 mins before serving i add fresh batch of chopped veggies fried on butter into the pot to further enhance the soup and also home made fresh noodles

Attached: IMG_20180317_120527.jpg (2592x1944, 1.92M)

Aaaaand serving time

Attached: 20180317_120809~01.jpg (1697x1536, 597K)

soup addict reporting in

usually make a big batch on sundays to have lunch at work for the next 3 days. this week will be minestrone

Attached: gwash.jpg (850x708, 84K)

question for OP

bouillon or boxed broth?

Attached: stimpy.jpg (446x446, 27K)

It's made from raw cow bones with a bit of meet on them, which i baked for 45 minutes at 180C and then you just let it slow cook for around 16 hours

why does it look like chicken stock?

how was it? I bet it was good