Al/ck/ thread

"should I go to the doctor" edition

Attached: iStock_000019123540_Medium-1080x675.jpg (1080x675, 61K)

Well it's my birthday. Should I go out and get tangled up with the shitty St. Pat's crowd or just stay home, sip some Jameson, and do something next weekend?

the latter

if singles i'm going to finish the bottle

Attached: 1473166606285.jpg (275x281, 24K)

>implying you wouldn't have if you'd gotten doubles

wasn't even close, alright

i really should go to the grocery store and buy some real food while i still have a little money... drunk me loves walking to 7-11 or ordering from the thai place across the street from where i live.

Halfway through a bottle of wine, trying hard to enjoy it and not think about what I'm going to do when it's empty. This is why I like those 5L boxes, you get so much time before the worry sets in.

Trying to avoid liquor for a bit because I've been too retarded lately. Can't wait until I give in and get a bottle of vodka, it's gonna be good.

bottle of wine is no good unless you've got couple of beers ready. hope you are having good times anyways!

I just dropped and broke 80 bucks worth of liquor waiting for the elevator to my apartment.
Pray for me, I'm going to be sober this weekend.

You have my sympathies, brother. I once broke a $100 dollar bottle of whiskey on New Year’s Eve. Shit is traumatizing.

Hopelessly fallen for someone who's life is infinitely more put together than mine, including having been in a stable relationship the past few years

Why do we do this to ourselves lads

Attached: 1520957135845.jpg (640x786, 31K)

So on a scale of 1 to 10 how ducked up are you planning on getting tomorrow?

It was incredibly embarrassing too, it was during the after work rush so everyone waiting for the elevator let out a collective "Ooooooooooooh" and as I called the maintenance staff, a little girl with her family came down and said "Eww why does it smell so bad?"

think my liver may burst out of my abdomen if i touch a drop tomorrow so 0. might drop a few grams of phenibut or something though

contact your friends from your old job.
they want to know how your doing and might meet up for a plus one

I quit drinking a few weeks ago when I threw up blood. I called in sick to work a little bit of wine and rest in bed when I woke up I decided it was probably time to move on lol

Attached: 071374-600x600-A.jpg (600x600, 35K)

CALGARY
A
L
G
A
R
Y

>buy handle with the intention of it lasting me a week
>gone in 3 days

typical me

I like drinking and love drinking alone.

My one problem is that sometimes what exists inside my head seems real to me. I'll imagine someone doing or saying something and it feels real, i'll get tunnel vision i'll get mad etc. And it takes a bit od time for me to come out of that.

It feels inescapable. I want to run away.

Got another bottle of wine, thankfully I'm across the street from a 7/11.

I usually have extra at the ready, but I'm trying to not drink so much because it has given me quite a gut. Every few days I say fuck it, get wasted, and then return to "clean living" with refreshed motivation. It is working, slowly but surely. Hoping to get my drunk days further apart, but progress is progress.

Having a grand old time now, hope you are too bro!

One of those options is likely to end in fighting and/or a DUI. Is that your idea of a good Friday evening?

I'm convinced love is something pathetic people dream up inside their heads.

How can anyone, especially alcoholic bums like you lot say you love a woman when you can't even control yourselves?

I've tried to love parents, siblings, friends and a few girls but I dont. Some of them I'd like to have a nice life but LOVE, what is that?

No edgy, completely serious - at what point should you have felt it, and for whom?

women are at this point pretty much my primary motivator to keep my life together, or at least to be able to produce the impression. i'm falling behind. women younger than me are moving into their careers now.

i'm strongly considering cutting off my ex in hopes that my desire for a new girl will compel me to drag myself out of this mess. turns out free access to pussy can be problematic

Love is a chemical reaction (or more accurately a series of interelated electrochemical states) inside your brain. Everything you have ever touched, seen, smelled, or felt in any way is a hallucination created by your brain to allow you to react to (and interact with) your surroundings based on input from your nervous system. The ego is an abstraction organically created inside the mind not for any specific purpose but as a result (side-effect) of the amount of information the brain is able to process. This 'stream of conciousness,' is what you would describe as 'me.' Remember all sensory inputs pass through a subjective filter of sorts before they are used to create your reality.

Knowing this it is easy to explain love with evolutionary psychology. It is imperitive for your genetics to make more copies of themselves (or otherwise they wouldn't be so prolific) and therefore it is important that the instinct that compels you to reproduce (and raise your children plus give them a good shot at reproducingthemselves) is one of the strongest. Then, we can say what we experience as love is actually our brains abstraction of the instinct to knock broads up and support a family, because that is the best way to make more copies of yourself.

Don't worry, we can't escape the darkness of entropy.

yeah i live there
what about it

What's even the difference between a problem drinker and an alcoholic?

Attached: madoka0509.png (450x253, 195K)

Physical dependence on booze to function

slow thread desu

Unfortunately they are all 5 states away.

This is what I get for venturing around Veeky Forums.
I stopped browsing /b/ and /pol/ after about 5 years. Maybe once a week I'll go into random boards. Shouldn't have went to /r9k/.

I can deal with the kid shooting himself, but the screams his mom made. Just reminded me of the screams my mother made after finding my sister's body 13 years ago.
Triggered by the community I get and give advice too. Was on day 9 sober but that went to shit 20 mins ago.

this shit is real good

Jesus, I'm not drunk enough to deal with this shit right now

Not him, but I always look at this when i'm feeling nihilist

Attached: 1506108319742.jpg (480x608, 126K)

feels mang. i had to put my neighbor in an ambulance yesterday. Reminded me of when I had to put my dad in an ambulance 10 years ago. Drank a bottle and a half. Woke up drunk. Poured another.

Fuck, I cant even imagine. I was fortunate enough I guess that when my mom passed away in elementary school, she was at least in a hospice.

didn't the EMS's do it? or were they on break or something?

haha no i really fucking carried him out and put him on the stretcher and helped the ambo guy wheel him into the back of the van.

shit man that's rough. They both lived in my case fortunately. kicker is i was wasted and still managed to call the ambulance, administer first aid and keep him alive. did nothing for my ego.

My dad starts drinking at 8 am when he doesn't have work. He's around 66 or so. Wondering how long he can keep getting away with it at this point. He's Irish and German for what it's worth though.

I'm trying to cut down on booze by drinking beer I hate to begin with, but it hasn't been working lately.

That sort of devotion will only continue. He's got 36 years on me I can only imagine how boring shit gets after that long.

Do you not like beer or drinking shit beer?

Oh I don't doubt his commitment, I'm wondering when his liver or whatever decides to give out. Think I have 6-7 more years or so? Which is not that far off the life expectancy anyway. People who can drink that much and live that long really throw a wrench in the whole "healthy living" thing.

Shit beer. I actually used to like it (Anchor Steam) but now it tastes like warm shit water to me. Usually I have one of those and I've lost my appetite but now I just move onto whiskey. Whatever though. St. Paddy's weekend is an awfully good excuse.

75 days sober. Going to feel weird not kicking back and having a few brews on St. Paddy's Day but I can survive. These THC tintures work great, and I never really get cravings to drink anymore.

From where I am it's the people who push it right to the edge and then some that end up outliving the masturbating fitness cunts who would rather watch tv ads than run with a bottle and rock out to their music of choice.

On masturbation, are we ever going to get another Louie CK live show or special again? I doubt it. Who the fuck accepts an invitation from a middle aged balding fat ginger dude to go up to his hotel room without the idea that at some point his penis is going to be involved in the evening. Shit half his live shows were jokes about masturbating in elevators so he didn't have to talk to anyone in there with him.

And Spacey. Seriously? Now I half to watch the final season of House of Cards without the MAIN FUCKING CHARACTER just because some moron parent took a 14 year old boy to a fucking Hollywood party full of pedo's?

I've been buying $30 cases of shit no name beer from the local supermarket recently and have found them to be very comfy as long as they are all fucking cold as hell. I put them in the freezer and keep cycling them from fridge to freezer before drinking. Try that. I am in Australia though so not drinking freezer beer is an offence under law.

Congrats! SPD is just another day but i get the historical significance you refer to. If it helps I had no idea it was this weekend. Or whenever it is.

What have you been doing instead of drinking?

Attached: a65.jpg (740x960, 139K)

suck my dick Pete

it never works
you're not tricking me again, pete

Is everyone asleep or deads?

I drank 4 liters of beer yesterday and feel terrible ever since I woke up. Haven't been drunk like this in a while now, I don't know how the rest of you are able to do it almost every single day of the fucking week.

1 month sober here. Dont feel physical need for drinking, but the fact that its st. pattys and i have to teatotal is driving me nuts. Also what do you EX-alcks do when you cant sleep? I used to be on benzos but thats no longer an option. Alcohol is the best sleep aide.
Also nothing is fun anymore for some reason... help anons.

I cook something simple, make tea or a warm glass of milk, turn on the tv for 10-20 minutes and sleep real tight after I'm done with it.

>nothing is fun anymore
Have you tried getting into new hobbies?

You'll be surprised at how quickly your sleep pattern corrects itself. It's a few weeks but compared to the length of abuse it's a very small amount of time. Waking up after a full night's sleep without anything is bliss. Then again this scotch is bliss too.

getting real tired of my stupid shit now. I just humiliate myself and let everyone down over and over. doesn't seem to matter what my intentions are

get to the point where you don't care about any of thay

You can only disappoint yourself. Just try again tomorrow and see if you fare better. If not, try to determine why you fail constantly and work on that issue until you've discovered a solution, then try to implement it into reality and see if you'll get rid of it.

don't worry. If you are like me, the path you're on leads to being an antisocial shut in.

I feel for all of you guys. I quit binge drinking last November and it's been a struggle but ultimately I feel much better about myself. Every once in a while I'll have a shot or two of tequila but that's it.

good job dude

I've switched from everyday abuse of one substance to approx. thrice weekly binge drinking sessions. Normally around the 18-20 beers mark with the exception of this weekend where i've been smashing the liquor. I'm the sort of person who needs it all or needs none of it. Just depends on who wins on the day. I am ok with this.

No other way to be these days bro. fuck society.

The best people you will ever know are the ones that can sit next to you in total silence and not feel one urge to interrupt your mutual solitude.

>St. Pat's

Shit, just realized this is today and I happen to have a 0,35 liter Jameson in the drawer. Now debating on compromising my Lutheran heritage.

Its rough, man. I was at a point where I was downing bottles of tequila one after the other for no real reason, and I realized it was making me feel depressed. It feels good to drink a lot but limiting it feels much better.

Last night i drank a bottle of Jameson and half a bottle of Wild Turkey and had no fucking knowledge of the date's relevance. But that fucking Jameson went down a treat with lemonade and lime juice. Happy today to everyone!

Fucking drink it.

Spot on dude. After 30 years on this planet(to my knowledge) I have finally learned to punch it for the results and not for passing the time. Now I'd rather get totally shitwrecked two to three times a week instead of every day. So much better. I can even now add another substance into the mix on occasion and not feel the need to keep going until death is near. Fucking amazing.

>Fucking drink it.

Might as well. The Reformation celebrated it's 500th anniversary last year and I spent most of the it honoring Luther's legacy of being a fat beer drunk fighting one's inner spiritual demons.

shit man elaborate excuse. rock on

I NEED to stop drinking, fuck. It's made me gain like fifty pounds in the last five years, and it is starting to affect my college life. Was getting higher than an 80 on everything last semester and this semester I am starting to get some 70s on assignments. Yes I know for brainlets that is gold but I am a brain chad, and this is unacceptable.

How the FUCK do I quit drinking? I just feel so bored and like I am wasting time if I am not drinking if I have the opportunity.

Do it cold turkey and find something else to replace alcohol with, like tea for an example.

hey i figured out if you put enough herseys syrup in water it's almost chocolate milk.

>find something else to replace alcohol with, like tea for an example.

Attached: 56234bbe107f5452530f1a224ecdcb028b07d04beaf70f1bfb378cd72052aceb.jpg (460x300, 46K)

what up Ethiopia?

it's like having a car but only driving it when you don't know how to drive or where your car is

I'm looking for cheap long lasting milk substitutes. and just ran out of milk.

Pop down to the local market and snap up a couple of milkers on the cheap. If they give you any guff be sure to buy the black ones too just to freak them out. Servitude guaranteed.

you know coca powder lasts 2 years. kek

that all depends on what you use the coca powder for and how often really

>wake up
>remember
oops.
better lay low for a while

>wake up
>survey damage
>repeat

I'm going overseas to a resort in Bali with my brother and his family.

I haven't gone for drinks in ages since no friends

my resort is all inclusive including drink and mini bar fridge refills

I feel like I'm going to spend a lot of town chilling in my room drinking a smoking once I get over the beaches and shit

what should I drink?

Well, not like I haven't tried cold turkey before. But I find that drinking Perrier waters replaces some of the fun of drinking for me. It kind of gives me some extra pep because of the carbonation.

EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I've been drinking a little milk and a little water and a little alcohol. I started with one cup, now I got three. I might add cranberry that wiill be 4 cups.

Ausfag? Yeah drink it all you're on holiday.

The last time I was in Bali I was on my own and i just sat at a bar all day erry day reading but the bar faced the road so after a day or two people would come up to me and start chatting as they had seen me sitting in the same spot the past few days. Met some nice people and had a mad time. Give that a bash

Hey, first time drinker here so bear with me
A couple of weeks ago I had a bottle of beer wnd felt nothing but I brushed that off because beer is pretty week
So last night i tried some 43% local whiskey, first I poured myself about a quarter or maybe a little less of a glass of it qnd then topped off the glass with coke and stirred with a straw and sipped on the whole thing pretty quickly, 50 minutes later I didnt feel anything so I thought maybe mixing it with coke was a bad idea so I took a couple of gulps straight from the bottle and waited a few minutes while playing GTA, tried standing up or seeing if my hands shake to see if its working or whatever and exactly zero (0) things happened, I was too scared of drinking even more as to not get black out drunk so I just went to sleep after that
Is it possible that a person whove never drank before has a high tolerance or some shit? Was I force fed alcohol as a baby or something?

Attached: received_580098492351574.jpg (2304x4096, 520K)

What's more possible is this poor attempt at humor.

Frosty jacks

Tell me the most outrageous lie your alcoholic brain has told you lately.
Make it funny.

>wake up
>don't remember
>everyone hates me
>why

my alcoholic brain only tells the truth

I'm Irish, it's paddys day so I will use this as an excuse to drink liquor in my coffee at 2pm.

Slainte

"maybe things will be ok"

That I should leave everything behind (Which there isn't much of!) and go to any one of the little towns or villages around the Island (Ireland) and start a cult/breakaway Christian group as it's leade.

In my stupor I figured "hey, I know the bible well (Catholic noys school, represent ), i'm 6'4", a handsome lad, well dressed -Most days- and I can sing (Choirboy, represent ). I have all the makings of a charasmatic cult leader, except for the autism they usually have, well thats debatable actually.

It seemed like a good idea when I was 14 drinks deep, by the 20th I was too drunk to bother.

Pure Autism, I know.

where do all these fluids go. I drank a gallon of water last night at least. about a gallon maybe gallon half in other stuff. the only thing that upsets my innards is to much water.

dude, yeeaahhhh

We shant judge our drunk minds, even if they're fucking retarded.

i watched Derry Girls and laughed. Thank you

Regardless, we're on a rock floating through space. Go nuts man x

Now that is some truth right there

>"bear with me"
>not "beer with me"

Leave this website, and never return, ever.