Whisk(e)y Thread

Collector’s Edition. Post what you got.

Attached: E8BA5918-5858-4F8B-B695-2540B92AAF19.jpg (4032x2205, 1.95M)

how much is all of that

jelly as fuck, you have a lot of things i want to try

Probably around $1500 but I don’t really know since they were acquired over a few months and some were gifts. The priciest bottle on the table is Talisker 18 followed by Bunnahabhain 18.

Enjoying some chivas 12 rn. Not amazing but a good daily.
Also have a small bottle of glengoyne 20 and bunna 29.

how do you guys store your whiskey long-term? i notice a change in taste as the whiskey sits with more and more air in the bottle, and it usually takes about a month to get through one (longer if I have multiple whiskeys).

>out of direct sunlight
>away from heat sources like stove

Literally just in the corner cupboard.

i do that, but the taste still seems to go off after a few weeks if the bottle is less than half full. should i think about getting some decanters?

Beautiful collection.

I'm looking into Dalwhinnie or Glenkinchie as my next purchase. What's your pick or notes on them?

No whiskey at the moment. But I do have this spirit

Attached: 1521272479444-959099460.jpg (3264x1836, 1.59M)

Air in the bottle sometimes changes the flavor but only after a few months not weeks. Go ahead and try a decanter.

Last night i drank a whole bottle of red wine and finished the night with a waterglass filled with wiskey and water mixed fifty fifty. I slept like i use to and woke up late without any hangover. I use to get mad hangover from wine but the wisky might have saved me. Protip of the day.

Btw there is a drink you make with white wine, wiskey and lime juice that will make you drunk fast

Outside of the Bunna 18 those are all pretty basic entry level bottles
Just polished off my Laphroaig 10 CS and Cairdeas Maderira Finish and recently bought a Macallan Edition 2, an Arran Single Cask 19 year old and a Caol Ila by Weymss. If you've never had an Islay whisky independantly bottled by Weymss I'd highly recommend trying one as they are one of the best for islays next to Cadenheads and Douglas Laing.

Dalwhinnie is very sweet, almost like candy. Even when it starts to fade on the palate, it pops right up again on the finish. It’s not harsh in any aspect, but a smooth honey-like scotch. Great for dessert.

Glenkinchie is light and has more cereal-grain type notes on the palate. Again, nothing harsh or strong about it. Very drinkable, which can equate to very bland if you like something with more punch.

does anyone know what whiskeys are used in the blend for Johnnie Walker Black, or at least what the most dominant ones are?

Can't take a picture right now but have a Bottle of Macallan Gold, Laphroaig Quarter Cask and Glenlefit Master Distiller's Reserve. Tend not to touch them unless it's a little treat, usually just drink Grouse if getting drunk, or whatever is on sale.

Drinking Wild Turkey the moment, anyone have good bourbon recommendations?

my go-to as far as affordable bourbons go

Attached: fourroses.jpg (977x1600, 123K)

I wish I wasn’t almost out of this.

Attached: 4B0CE062-C424-4D01-989C-E9A3EB872C33.jpg (3264x2448, 1.19M)

>drinking to get drunk

You must be 18+ to post here.

literally my favorite drink holy shit. Have another dram for me.

Anyone else tried this before?

I tried this yesterday at a bar and loved it, but the bartender told me they won’t get a new bottle of it after their last one is empty because it’s almost impossible to buy one these days

Attached: C95349DA-C136-4199-8C4A-713D38998090.jpg (600x729, 35K)

that's a big can do, my nigga

Got a bottle a year back. I agree that it is pretty darn great. It works even well as a scotch and soda, brings out some fudge like notes. If you go for the soda route, remember to have high carbonation to mimic the jap way of serving.

I wonder if the harmony or the other NAS are up to snuff.

Reckon that Caol Ila is a component, serving as the smoky component.

I got a 14 yo bunna CS with PX finishing but I am reluctant to open that or any other bottles since the aged japs and many independents are really impossible to get a hold of.

Tried my first smokey whiskey, a 14 year old Laphroaig. I really didn't like it at all. It was stuck in my nostrils and throat the rest of the night.

I tried an HP12 after, which tasted pretty good, but the smoke was sort of off-putting. Could it just be the Laphroaig I had earlier that fucked with the taste/smokiness?

well, laphroaig is definitely not what you would call entry-level as far as peated whisky goes

Yeah, I wasn't paying so I just thought I'd try it for fun. Got through it all. It wasn't "bad", the taste was pretty good when drinking it, and the aftertaste was fine note-wise, it was just too strong.

There are different types of smokiness, for example a Ardbeg Corryvreckan is a completely different experience. Usually distilleries tend to have their own take on smoke. Depends also on the peat (where it is grown) which is used for drying the malt. And it is whisky, Bear also in mind that the smokiness attenuates usually over time so a 14 yo ought to be a lot less sharp that Laphroaig Quarter cask for example.

Just to clarify, I did like the HP12 and I'm considering buying it, to actually try an entry-level peated whiskey. It just felt like the smoke of the L14 was lingering, and was wondering if it was normal.

My fav

Attached: IMG_0691.jpg (3024x4032, 2.7M)

It is very good.

Your collection has gotten bigger.