Best instant ramen/noodles?

Attached: IMG_4123.jpg (1500x1176, 302K)

those

(which isnt saying much)

This, also don't use thread titles.

Attached: Nongshim-Neoguri-Spicy-Seafood-Udon-1018x72_1024x1024.jpg (1018x1018, 147K)

Yakisoba. Ippei-Chan or Chappagetti.

Attached: 91ooihxAx2L._SX522_.jpg (522x408, 57K)

This.

Attached: mama-instant-noodles-pa-lo-duck-30x55g.jpg (400x400, 82K)

are these actually that good? Ive been wanting to try them but the only place I can get them from is Amazon in a 30-pack

are these worth paying $30 for?

I like to start with these, then add stuff like veggies, an egg, fish sauce, sambal olec, etc.

Attached: 91f7BAHToEL._SL1500_.jpg (1236x1500, 313K)

any where to buy an assortment of instant noodles?

hell yeah they're worth it.
add some meat and sprouts and you're golden. I like to add bok choy.

these are good, but
sesame Nissin are the best imho

Why not

I had these, they are worse than top ramen

I never saw the point in buying the higher end ramen. Thw\e differences are often negligable and you still feel like you're eating poor people food.

Dont get me wrong, I love ramen and eat it for lunch pretty much every day, but all the "good" brands I've tried cost 3-4x what it costs for a pouch of maruchan and dont taste any better.

For example, the one in OP's pic is like 89 cents per pack where I live while maruchan are 20 cents a pack. Once I add in my own seasonings and veggies I can barely tell the difference between the two.

Seems like if you've got the money for "good" instant ramen you'd probably be better off just buying fresh noodles and making your own.

i just wish those were not so expensive

Attached: Download.jpg (202x250, 10K)

Oh fuck yeah, but you're right, they're kinda towards the splurge end. You get Mama Tom Yum's for one third the price so the choice is hard.

Attached: 0008961-470x470.jpg (470x470, 67K)

udon

Ya, they need a little more than what's in the package for sure. I don't eat chicken/ beef/pork so it's one of the better ones available that I can eat. It's a great base to build onto.

How the heck does it cost 80 cents for you, I've only seen them for 2 dollars or more

For mi it is the mi goreng, the best fried noodles

Attached: images.jpg (512x288, 26K)

Mi negro.

Attached: indomie---goreng-ayam-panggang-jumbo.jpg (1000x929, 192K)

By far

Attached: 51qgKPBRSML._SX342_.jpg (342x402, 38K)

They all taste the same. The broth is that matters and instant noodle '''''broth''''' is garbage.

Attached: DXIk1RtVQAATPH2.jpg (1200x800, 164K)

Seconded.

Soba noodles are weak.

Myojo Chukazanmai

Attached: 152556_myojo_chukazan_mai_oriental_flavor_680.jpg (800x800, 133K)

Myojo it dope.

Attached: creamy_chicken_ramen_is_best_ramen.png (496x361, 336K)

>no vifon
Pic related is one of my favourites

Attached: eng_pl_Vifon-spicy-chicken-soup-instant-mega-acute-70g-91533_1.jpg (700x700, 180K)

Can someone post the guide for enhancing all the different ramen packs

Mama noodles.

So creamy, nice garlic and onion flavor. I usually pass on instant ramen because this flavor never happens to be around.

Anyone notice instant noodles tastes better if prepared in pot on stove top vs boil water in bowl?

I've only ever cooked them in a pot on stove top

I come from a country where we eat a lot of soups. Ive read here that you are actually supposed to only eat out the noodles and leave the "broth"? Seems like a waste.

Why does nobody ever seem to mention these?

Attached: 51S8PMEF8WL.jpg (500x500, 51K)

These are good.

These are the only ones my Japanese friend buys

Vifon tastes just like shitty cheap noodles.
Try some noodles imported from korea user

Anyone remember the sapporo ichiban kitsune udon

Attached: kitsune.jpg (225x225, 11K)

This stuff, goddamn

Attached: 9597515_B.jpg (500x500, 48K)

YES, it's my favorite. So sad it isn't being imported anymore.

I just get this stuff, the mix is pretty good when you mix it with sambal oleg. Also I add frozen veggies and boiled egg. In general though I dunno why ramen is so romanticized. Its pretty low tier food in general.

you can drink it, theres no hard and fast rule but
some of them are too salty to drink imo

Attached: 115402.jpg (460x338, 42K)

learning the art of aldente can seriously bring the cheap noodles to be on par with the rest.

personally, i think the difference is probably lab researchers making the noodles to be firmer when its the case of people not learning the art of aldente, and also green onions bring the broth to life.
have you tried using different waters? i noticed a huge difference in tap water, namely using the bathroom sinks and maybe it comes down to your sink brand and filter.

>eating instant noodles so often that you develop an "art" to preparing them
Get your life in order.

The undisputed best ramen, if you've had it you know

Attached: original.jpg (600x600, 101K)

Yakisoba, but delicious.

It really is on the line though. Water choice does make a good broth.
People can get picky with noodles but ignore the tap completely. Try the sinks in your house then trail and error in bottled sources. Dude try it with beer, make a beer broth and notice the difference since beer suppliers filter differently.

What is the best non-spicy instant ramen that's not readily available?

Attached: Ramen Color Spectrum.jpg (500x197, 143K)

Please, fuck my mouth

Drop an egg in it as it's cooking

Attached: RANDY-MARSH-internet.jpg (640x381, 46K)

What are some good things to mix in with a spicy chicken flavored noodles?

fired egg, sliced seasoned (pepper/salt) beef, baby bok choy

Where do you normally get these(in the US)? Not that I've looked, so it could just be in the typical 'foreign' section, but I'm obviously not gonna go to the store at 11 to check.

Why so sexual?

Yeah it's usually in the foreign/ethic section

Nongshim Spicy Chicken/Hot & Spicy bowls.

I also think Paldo's Spicy Chicken/Hot & Spicy bowls are also pretty good.

Attached: imageService[1].jpg (680x680, 89K)

Attached: MXD2wQN.jpg (3629x2722, 798K)

Some idiots here brag about tipping out the broth. As you said, this is stupid and wasteful, if you don't want to drink the broth then put less water in.
Of course, the type of people to pour out broth would probably be the type of people to be mortified at the noodles tasting stronger as a result.

Those in chicken flavor are my favorite. Absolute best noodle.

>but that's not real ramen!

I don't care.

Attached: Nudle.jpg (400x400, 33K)

If you made real soup with beef stock or something it's different, but don't feel obligated to drink spicy MSG water.

dry?

Attached: MyojoShoyu.jpg (1406x1269, 291K)

Indomie is the best you can get while still paying a reasonable price for instant ramen.

Attached: 305529.jpg (1200x1200, 170K)

I've never seen that and am intrigued.

Chow mein and Shio?

Attached: 51p17TcFhoL.jpg (435x500, 50K)

Imagine the Knorr cube broth with a lot of sour cream and extremely artificial cheese flavoring. It shouldn't work but it does.

Attached: 0012912_600.jpg (467x600, 54K)

Shin black, shin red, and mi goreng gotta be my top 3. Spicy seafood is really good with an honorable mention, probably the best noodles of the bunch. The nissin tonkatsu multipack with 4 of each 4 flavors is super good. Noodles aren’t as “high end” as shin but the broth is a more simple subtle sorta thing. Like what you’d eat comfortably when sick, where as anything remotely spicy you’d stay the fuck away from. I also recently tried the mama shrimp and holy crap the noodles are absolutely bottom tier worse than maruchan type garbage. The broth is fine, maybe good, but the “noodles” totally ruin it. I dunno how anyone could recommend them seriously. Are all mama noodles like this? wtf. Also pic related is supposed to be top tier and I look forward to trying soon

Attached: 96C0DD16-5B7D-460B-AB82-024D8F09901A.jpg (750x761, 184K)

Attached: mykuali.jpg (767x942, 760K)

What's the most high-end "luxury" instant ramen I can get?

>Get ramen noodle pack
>Cooks like shit, 0 flavor
>Get cup noodles or yakisoba box
>Perfect noodles every time.

Fuck. What am I doing wrong?

Saw these at my local asian supermarket, so I might give these a go if they're really as good as people say they are..

>Tried this on recommendation before, only flavor was pork
>Was really bad.

Is the pork just shit or was it a bad batch?

Can anyone recommend a good Low Sodium ramen brand that doesn't taste like cardboard?

I was looking at Ramen at my asian grocer today and literally all of the fucking sodium levels are 80% all the way up to 140%. WTF?

cover them maybe? its important to cover the bowl with a plate/the lid.

Anything to make my Picante beef taste better. Stovetop hasn't been working. Maybe I should just microwave meme it

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (592x475, 530K)

>not green curry

Attached: 81WvNdZR64L._SL1500_.jpg (1352x1500, 318K)

Just cook them in broth instead of using the flavour packet

this is my fav. i toss in nori strips and chunks of surumi in it.

excellent choice

any other answer is wrong

Attached: s-l300.png (300x300, 146K)

Mah nigga
as a entry level ramen it's quite nice, if you compare it to, for example UK's Bachelors noodles you will be surprised how a cheap ramen can be awful.

Non-spicy? Why would anyone ever eat non-spicy ramen?

I just had a big bowl of the spicy (black bag) of this brand. Shit's amazing with a soft boiled egg, some kim chi, and some pork belly

this, personally fan of the Mala. If the curry flavored ones was more of a yellow curry like indomie's chicken curry that might be my favorite fire noodle, but sadly its not.

desu tho as a whitey mc caucasain i wish samyang would do like 1/2 fire noodle, i like relaxing while eating noodles and its a bit too spicy for that

Attached: small_asian_girl_gets_buttblasted_by_noodles.png (729x473, 731K)

probably will sound like heresy but i've NEVER enjoyed egg with ramen. I love egg, i love ramen, but adding them together doesnt seem to work regardless of how i do it. They are both mooshy flavor carriers, one protein and one starch and adding putting them together seems to detract from it all. Pity cause i'd like more easy protein with my ramens

maybe haven't found the method i like, but scrambled/plain left in water, scramble in pan and added to noodles, nah. And just personal preference but fuck hard boiled eggs

Attached: eggy_ramen.jpg (500x375, 114K)

Have you tried egg drop style? Or soft boiled/poached?

You are just using to much water for your taste, ignore the packs directions and cook it in less water if you want. Cups probably taste good to you because you can't as easily overfill them.

Any of the noodles that come with a syrup or oil+powder flavor packs which are meant to be added after water has been strained from cooked noodles have about 50% the sodium of typical cheap ramen (when people say "Dry" they mean this type). Indoemie and Samyang (Fire Noodles) being the two popular brands previously mentioned are about 1000-1100 sodium, compared to 1800-2000 on most normal instant noodles. In both cases if you eat either of those without adding veg/meat stir fried into it the flavor is a bit too strong, so you can remove about 15-25% (to taste) of the sauce for just plain noodles bringing it down to about 750-850mg sodium (35-40%ish daily recommended sodium intake)

Poor American person option if you aren't near a asian grocer that carries either of those (that said i'd recommend trying them, both are great) is to order low-sodium Maruchen at your local Walmart. They are similar at around 1200-1300mg iirc and if you dont drink the broth lower ofc, Added benefit with those is they got like 600mg potassium in them to replace some of the sodium, taste is a little different i started vastly prefering those to regular maruchen. If i had to eat peasant ramen they would be my pick just cause i prefer the flavor vs normal sodium.

i might like eggdrop style for wet/stew noodles but never mastered it properly. Softboil i wouldn't care for, poached i may have to try. I can fry rice with lots of eggs and enjoy the shit out of it but can't for the love of me make it work with ramen, its just too "watery" regardless.

Attached: lower-sodium-ramen.png (820x236, 297K)

Maybe I'm a fucking pleb but I just eat top ramen. Tastes just fine.

I will agree though while their broths are good.... God maruchan noodles are hot garbage. Probably the only brand that grosses me out. Shame it's the one that everywhere in the states.....

I was helping a Korean friend move and he whipped up these instant noodle style things that was fucking delicious and due to reasons I can't ask him what brand they were.
Things I remember: He boiled the noodles alone, drained the water and then added dark brown flavouring sauce that came in the packet. And that was it. And it was absolutely delicious, legit couldn't believe something like this existed. Anyone have any idea what this might have been?

jjajang / black bean noodle

probably pic related

Attached: 51bm01v57lL._SY400_.jpg (345x400, 37K)

>due to reasons I can't ask him what brand they were

Attached: 1497957973334.png (620x640, 260K)

Really the only way I like egg in ramen is if it's soft boiled. That way when you pop it open in the ramen it makes the broth a little creamier and then you have another "meaty" texture in the soup. I completely agree though, fuck hardboiled eggs and everyone who has ever served me one of those green yolked abominations.

Where the fuck do I get these in the US?

I miss this shit

What's the right way to do egg drop?

How many minutes before you're done cooking, what temperature water, etc

t. maruchan shill

literally the worst and objectively inferior brand

where the fuck do you live mate
not who you're replying to but they're like 80-90 cents at the local ameriburger wallymart