How do I make hotpot at home?

How do I make hotpot at home?

Attached: 20141125-hot-pot-guide-shao-zhong-17-1500x1125.jpg (1500x1125, 232K)

Got any Asians markets near you?

Not really

Usually they sell hotpot broth packs in gravy-like packs, but if you can't find any asian ingredients, then, you could just do low heat fry whatever chilis you have and add chicken broth. If you don't want to do even that, you could just do a soy sauce base (search sukiyaki) or hell, use a spicy ramen flavor pack.

If you can't get thin sliced meat, use meatballs, shrimp, imitation crab instead of fish cake. Use zucchini if you can't find bok choy, sweet potatoes, tofu.

Then for dipping, just get some tahini with soy sauce or use peanut butter, and mix with green onions slivers.

Get an induction plate, boil strong broth, drop shit in it, pick it out and eat it. Like that other faggot said, you can easily find hotpot seasoning packs, but I don’t really like it.

Also ramen noodles work in a pinch, but udon noodles would work better. Probably not spaghetti though, but you could try. Maybe some frozen dumplings. I've had luck with white fish as well.

Pot, hot.

>can't get thinly sliced beef
Literally what is a knife, you hamfisted faggot

I lived with two Chinese nationals for about a year- they swore by Little Sheep brand mix. It was so damn good. For a fire condiment, get black beans in chili oil. The brand is in Chinese, but the logo is an older lady with short black hair.

For the filler stuff:
Fish balls
Sliced lamb
Sliced beef
Bok choy
Straw mushrooms
Hotpot dumpling mixes

Don't forget to get rice noodles. Save the broth when you're done and the party's over, and reheat it the next day for lunch and mix in the noodles and leftover fillings. They called it a "family meal," as only the people living in the house are still around to enjoy it.

Attached: IMG_5374.jpg (960x938, 107K)

Let's see you slice some beef 2mm thin. I'll wait.

Put stuff in a pot.
Make the pot hot.

Can't tell if you are joking or not. How bad are your knives?
Of course you arent going to slice with the finesse of an asian chef who has had years of experience and spent as much as you would on a degree but you can easily slice beef 2mm thin with a decent knife. Most people also freeze for 10 mins or so to firm up the beef before they slice.

hotpot looks like this

Attached: file.png (597x543, 629K)

these are good
thanks

cooklet detected, of course your $5 ikea knife cant handle shit like this

get a high quality knife with a narrow blade and that should be absolutely no problem

pic related. i personally use a nakiri for most purposes but thats up to taste

Attached: nakiri.jpg (747x511, 63K)

you really don't seem qualified to be giving cooking advice to others

Most people cannot manually slice beef like pic related. You could get it somewhat close, but even slightly thicker slices will make the texture bad for hot pot.

Attached: file.png (500x375, 320K)

>using a nakiri to slice beef
get a load of this idiot

>depth cuts for veneer preps
Why did you post this?

Put the meat in the freezer for a little while to firm it up but not completely freeze it. Make sure your knife is very sharp and do your slicing quickly.

i have homemade hotpot every couple of weeks, it's easy, just buy all your ingredients, buy a hotpot-pot and make your stock

i actually get frozen meat slices at my chinese supermarket

genuine flyover post

For me, the secret ingredient ia lots of knorr rich beef stockpots

Attached: marco_pierre_white_ambasador_bulionetki_knorr6.jpg (1123x1685, 864K)

A lot of the people here are answering how to cook the food so I won't

but if you want to know how to cook it at your table. my asian friends have an induction cooktop that you just plug in.

but maybe you already knew that