Āmericān cheese

So why does american cheese gets so much hate?

Yeah sure, it isn't as fancy and """gourmet""" as your favorite european imported cheese, but it is still quite good if used properly.

Attached: 20180317_041808.png (536x505, 277K)

Why does it gets so much attention?

I used to be one of those people who acted like it was the worst thing ever, and it was when I was starting to get really interested in food and trying to learn more about it. When I started trying new cheeses and learning how to make some myself, I just started acting snobby about it. But now I like it melted on egg sandwiches or burgers, or mixed with 3 or 4 other cheeses for grilled cheese. It does have a good texture for things like that in small amounts and melted, but eating it cold or too much of it isn't very good.

it's good in toasties

terrible in everything else

American is just cheddar with additives that prevent it splitting when melted. Just like anything, there are garbage tier processed cheeses that contain very little actual cheese, but it can also be made from good quality cheeses.

When I make burgers I make my own processed cheese by melting 2 parts red cheddar, 1 part emmantal, a splash of milk and a few grams of sodium citrate. It's good shit, tastes like quality cheese but melts like American

>fried bologna
>'murrican cheese
>runny fried egg
>buttered bun
GOAT breckfast sandwich

As long as you recognize it is not cheese but a cheese-like food item, then it's fine.

There is a certain type of american cheese that comes in a generic package that has alot of vegetable oil in it. It tastes way different than the kraft type. It is still ok but it goes on different types of foods than the kraft type.. different deli meats, sausages and meats that are spicier and also different kinds of breads and crackers. They have their place or they wouldnt be so popular.

But Kraft american cheese IS cheese.

ur mom is a cheese-like food item
her puss is aged and stinky LOL

Eurofag here. I like American cheese. Pretty much always have it at home. It's part fake, part real. Everyone knows it, but everyone claims to hate it, yet it remains popular. It's truly deserving of the title "American".

>gets so much hate?
A combination of ignorance and fear of being seen as poor and uncultured.

Because it's American and non-Americans are obsessed with us

Because it has a horrible texture and doesn't taste at all like cheese. It is without a doubt the worst form of cheese.

You don't know how good American cheese is until you've lived in Japan for a few months. Their "cheese" is basically tasteless plastic. I've started buying Kraft Singles from an import store for like $5 for 7 slices. I haven't even seen cheddar the whole time I've been here.

but is also a fine delicacy

>Pasteurised Process Cheese Food

Attached: Screenshot (470).png (357x413, 138K)

So there are two types of American cheese: processed cheese and cheese food.

Processed cheese can literally just be a blend of two cheeses with nothing else added. A mixture of, say, cheddar and jack cheeses could be called American cheese and labeled processed cheese. There are good quality American cheeses made like this.

Cheese food (which is also labeled as processed) has things other than cheese in it. This can range from milk and cream to vegetable oil and carrageenan. This is Kraft singles and the like.

I like Kraft singles on a burgers off the grill sometimes, and in grilled cheese sandwiches. They're great for ham and cheese melts.

its a real food. weird, but real. melts nicely. i still like to nibble on it. i prefer chedar on a burger. but itl do

Yeah that stuff is shit. You want the package labelled "Pasteurized Process American Cheese".

Kraft's "american" cheese is just colored kraft slipperysloppy melting fake cheese

I mean is it so fucking hard to use actual cheese or mozzarella to make the sheets ? Why does it have to be that disgusting melting brod ?!

It's good if the amount you use is small enough to be undetectable.

I'm from the country that literally invented cheese. Trust me. It's terrible compared to what we have here.

you're polish?

i don't care what it is. its good.
>fuck me right?
why do people care what people do or don't like so much?

cheddar cheese is good, but kraft's "american" "cheese" is definitely not.

American cheese has one application: burgers. The creaminess goes well with the savory quality of the meat, and it doesn't becomes a vinyl like shell around the burgers like other cheeses.

Maybe in a grilled cheese, but aside from that, it's pretty shit.

Why would you even attempt to defend it?
It's not cheese. It doesn't look like cheese. It doesn't taste like cheese. It doesn't have the same texture as cheese. It doesn't complement meat. And after all that it isn't even cheaper than a block of supermarket branded cheddar.

Retard euros too busy getting bombed by allah to try it

You know it's bad when it has to actually be labelled "food" on the package.

>pasteurized processed cheese food

Fuckin' burgers.

This. It's a good emulsifier for other cheeses

Well, "American" cheese was invented in Switzerland... so....

The whole fucking point of Pasteurized Process American Cheese is texture. It has better meltability and a mild flavor. That's why it's a good choice for burgers and breakfast sandwiches, it doesn't overwhelm like a slab of some "better" cheese might.