Is switching from white to brown stuff (rice, bread, sugar etc) the ultimate culinary redpill?

Is switching from white to brown stuff (rice, bread, sugar etc) the ultimate culinary redpill?

Attached: white vs brown.jpg (1280x882, 237K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you wanna live more healthy, sure.
If you wanna impress someone or make something taste good. Hell naw.

No. Switching from wheat to rye is.

In addition to this, switching from rice to buckwheat and leaving the skin on potatoes.

As well as eating a lot of tofu.

Rye tastes fucking horrible
Buckwheat and eating skins is good

>live more healthy
*live more healthily
Fucking Ebonics.

Say that to my face fucker.

Attached: 1200px-Lithuanian_traditional_bread.jpg (1200x900, 197K)

>Rye tastes fucking horrible
Underage

I think it must be genetic, like how some people hate cilantro

they call it refined for a reason
why would you want all that extra stuff in your bread
your're literally eating a waste product have some self respect you feel me?

My wife switched from white to brown if you know what I'm saying, and she's never been happier

next you'll be switching to bbc

the redpill is to appreciate both refined and whole grain, and to eat them in different contexts

women have melanin receptors in their vaginas so its no surprise

brown sugar is just white sugar with molasses

Except when it comes to pasta. Fuck whole wheat pasta.

white is enriched, so it's still nutritious. the only thing it's missing is fiber.

t. tendies-eating flyover 56% shart whose only exposure to "Eye-talian cuisine" is going to Olive Garden

>brown sugar
lol that's just white sugar with some shit they scraped out of the bottom of the barrel (molasses) mixed through, it aint any healthier. But sure go for it if you like the taste.

>t. hillary-voting coastal androgynous soycreature

Whole wheat isn't even an Italian thing, it's consumed primarily by American urbanites who shop at whole foods.

It's what sugar is like before it is white

I'm not even American, you dumb mutt

then stop appropriating American urbanite culture by eating terrible whole wheat pasta

>2018
>eating bread
Are you kidding me?

women's vaginas also look like mouth, they like to eat shit

>lol that's just white sugar with some shit they scraped out of the bottom of the barrel (molasses) mixed through
>It's what sugar is like before it is white
You are both right, it depends on the type of brown sugar. Most of the generic store bought stuff is just remixed white sugar.

youtu.be/5mYN7h7pgyc

You could probably get pol9k to actually believe this

Attached: 1496894029574.jpg (563x503, 21K)

>rye
>horrible
Get AIDS and die faggot

Nope. Before I moved to the U.S. I had never even heard of "brown" rice, bread, whatever. I feel no different after I eat it, only unsatisfactory with the lacking taste of brown foods.

>brown and white sugar are interchangeable

get out fool

Wheat bread is terrible for grilled cheese

What do you use instead?

White bread is made from wheat too.

I bet you eat smoked salmon on a bagel

>not solely eating completely starch-less bread
I bet you also wonder why your blood sugar levels hit rock bottom before lunch. On their own these taste awful, but with some imagination you can make some decent toasts.

Attached: 1495726665192.jpg (420x400, 37K)

Attached: 1496647624789.png (668x391, 586K)

>rye tastes fucking horrible
Fuck off

Attached: JPEG_20180224_174903-1.jpg (651x541, 53K)

No, but while you're at it
>2018
>Eating gluten free soy bread
>Getting food that sates Tyrones limited palate

No. And the reason is simple: cheating. A whole bunch of both brown bread and brown sugar is actually regular-ass refined stuff plus molasses (or caramel, for breads at least).

And that’s what they add to whole wheat bread to make it look brown...

Rye in bread is nice but a 100% rye bread is gross.

Why is it so square? Did it come out of a robots ass?

you tell me but they're perfect for my square toast grill

So whats the recipe?
i am making a starter for rye sourdough but all recipes i find are for only 50% rye

Attached: 1493192206639.png (500x706, 750K)

Not him but here's a local one fro where rye bread is the norm:

6 dl cold water
2 dl buttermilk
1½ dl beer
10 g yeast
25 g seasalt
250 g cut rye kernels
200 g flax seed
200 g sunflower seeds
550 g whole-grain stoneground rye flour

Desuden
2 1 liter breadmolds
Oil for brushing the molds

Day 1
Add cold water, buttermilk and beer to a bowl and whish in the yeast. Add salt, rye kernels, the 2 kinds of seeds and rye flour and knead the dough for 10 minutes - like in a stirrer. Distribute the dough into 2 molds previously lubricated with rapeseed oil, cover them with a film or damp cloth and put them in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours before baking. The longer the dough stands, the more flavorfull the bread - no longer than 6 days, otherwise it will be too sour (even for seasoned rye-eaters).

Day 2
Bake the bread at 350 °F for 90 minutes, turn the hot bread out of the molds and tap on the bottom of them to hear if they sound hollow. Let the loaves cool down on a baking grate before cutting them (Best to wait a while rye dough is *very* grippy when hot).

Tip The 400 g seed can be any blend of sesame seeds, flax seed and sunflower seeds.

Note
You Take a little ball of dough and store it in the refrigerator. Then you have a sourdough starter for your next bread replacing the buttermilk.

I'll also drop one with Pure rye flour, though it gets quite dense, even for the trained Rye-muncher.

>eating a food product means your the same culture as other people who also eat that food product

I hope this makes sense.

SOURDOUGH STARTER
300 gr. Rye flour
4.5 dl. water

PROCESS
Start making the sourdough. It takes about A week before it's ready, start in good time.

Stir 200 g. Of rye flour and water together a bowl and let it rise covered on the kitchen table. The next day stir an additional 50 grams of rye flour. On the third day stir the remaining 50 grams of rye flour.

Over the next few days, the dough soup should change character, and eventually smell like old beer Visually there will also be changes that appear as small bubbles on the surface. It must be stirred in the dough every day and after a week it should have reached its complete stage and is ready for use. Now it can be stored in a jar or container. Some let it stand on the kitchen table, others in a closet. I even prefer the fridge. Just takes it out about a day before it is to be used so it can warm up and ”wake up”.

It's really important to care for your sourdough. That is, stirring in it and possibly adding a little rye flour and a little water approx. once a week - or whenever you use it. The rule of thumb is that what you take when baking is replaced by the corresponding amount of flour and water.

Attached: 1517036992333.png (1024x768, 1.14M)

PURE RYE FLOUR BREAD
150 g. Sourdough (SEE ABOVE)
7.5 dl. cold water (5 dl first day and 2.5 dl second day)
a handful of salt (about 10 gr.)
a tbsp. Honey
300 g. Rye flour (Day 1)
500 g. Rye flour (Day 2)

EQUIPMENT
A large stirring bowl
1.5 liter breadmold, (long, narrow and tall)
Baking paper
baking rack
Dishcloth (wet)

BAKING THE BREAD
DAY 1
Start mixing flour, water (5 dl), salt and honey together. It should only be stirred until the salt is dissolved.

Stir all together into a uniform consistency, cover the dough and then leave it on the kitchen table or cupboard until the next day (overnight is usually enough).

DAY 2
Add mix in the rest of the water (2.5 dl.) and flour (300 g.).
Now the dough must stand for approx. 6-8 hours.
Pour it into a mold lined with baking paper. Smooth the surface of the mixture so that it is completely smooth.

Leave it covered with the moist dishcloth 2-3 hours at temperate spot.

Before baking the bread, make approx. 20 holes (use a thin wooden stick or a pointed thin knife) from top to bottom to prevent the crust from lifting during baking.

Bake bread for 1 hour at 400 °F in a hot air oven, or ~ 470°F in a conventional oven.
After 1 hour, take the bread out of the mold and knock on the underside. If it sounds hollow it's done, if not, give it another 10 min. without the mold.

When the bread is done, turn it over on a baking rack and remove the baking paper. Wrap the hot bread in a moist dishcloth and let it cool completely before cutting it.
The wet towel softens the crust, which otherwise becomes very hard and almost impossible to cut.

Attached: 1518922889045.png (960x540, 194K)

...rye flour still has starch.

Brown bread tastes best and whatever you were going to put on it is probably flavourful enough that it won't detract from other ingredients.
I find that is not true with brown rice.
Brown sugar is just about flavour. Do what the recipe calls for.

fuuuug, i want that now

Attached: 1519547332060.jpg (700x495, 407K)

I find both white bread and vollkorn have their strengths. I'm sticking with vollkorn because it doesn't go bad nearly as quickly.

I buy my whole rye bread in the store
>two pieces
>butter
>cheese
>some meat, I use some high meat rate sausage
>two onion rings for some crispiness
>press it
>dip it in mixed egg and milk
>put into the toast grill
>get completely starch-less toasts that doesn't taste like shit
I also binge make them so I can have some every morning in no time

>whole wheat
>brown rice
Enjoy the pesticide and herbicide

Attached: new thread.jpg (1024x768, 123K)

true, but its GI is still way lower than white wheat or even full grain wheat.

That mean nothing when you proceed to slather it in butter, cheese and eggs.
That's like taking a diet coke with your supersized mcdonald's menu.

>butter, cheese and eggs
also low GI. or what are you trying to say?

If you're instead talking calories, myself I don't use butter, I use 10% fat cheese, eggs and low fat milk. I'd say it's a pretty good breakfast and it suits my macrocycling.

GI is a meaningless stat.

Why do people eat white bread? It tastes like nothing, must be a plebeian commoner thing

Danish rye bread with ham, avocados, mozzarella and tomatoes + scrambled eggs and some yoghurt on the side is my breakfast most days

Attached: dsc-0429.jpg (800x531, 191K)

Brown rice is terrible.

Mixed wheat/rye white bread is god tier. If you go to the bakery in the evening you can get a loaf from tomorrow's batch that's still hot from the oven.

Attached: 2u8xd03.jpg (650x433, 249K)

>rice, bread, sugar

You drop that shit entirely from your diet and eat properly.

Attached: WaI4JjZ.jpg (924x720, 43K)

Never look up additives if you feel like eating bread. Once you do you'll realize homemade is literally the only one you want to keep eating.

And what would this "eating properly" entail?

basically the atkins diet like cavemen ate

Meat, cheese and lowcarb veggies.

Lol ok thanks for your input.

Attached: 1491761965639.webm (384x288, 825K)

>veins literally filled with dough

I need it.
t.constipated

Brown is the new white :)

he's probably talking about unrefined sugar, which is light brown