ST. PATRICK'S DAY

What did you do for St. Paddy's Veeky Forums?
Check my perfect soda bread.

Attached: 20180317_152657.jpg (3142x2268, 3.92M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RZfqUAZddmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why did you do that? I'm ordering sushi since I'm lacking a few necessary ingredients to prepare it myself.

First attempt. Nailed it.

Attached: SLq47.gif (267x199, 166K)

irish stew

Sat and waited for the mechanic to replace the clockspring in my truck. Now i'm getting drunk at hooters

I'm not Irish so I don't give a fuck.

drinking cheap whiskey

St. Patty's day joke:
>an irishman walked out of a bar

Ahahahaha it's funny because they'd never walk out of a bar, they love alcohol ahahaha

Bought 5lb bag of red potatoes, 3.5 lbs of point cut brisket, 2 lbs of carrots and 3 lbs of cabbage. I have a crock pot and a regular Dutch one but have no idea how to make traditional Irish-American corned beef. Can I throw them all in the crock pot for 3 hours?

You're obviously not as dumb as you look

You'd be surprised by how I look

Corned beef and colcannon.

Attached: 20180317_145620-1330x1349.jpg (1330x1349, 439K)

>trying to pass ham off as corned beef
sinner

i don't think i've ever seen peas look quite like that

Attached: 1510601633176.png (600x512, 298K)

More like corned beef and colonoscopy

Attached: giphy (1).gif (320x205, 2.38M)

Nothing.
I'm neither Irish nor Catholic so.....

i got a corned beef but then got invited for a last minute potluck so i'm gonna make it tomorrow

I have a very early work shift tomorrow

What are you planning on bringing to the pot luck?
Corned beef is far more involved than just sticking it in a pot.

veggies and hummus
and cookies

How very Irish.

Attached: danny-devito.png (400x329, 159K)

The peas were shit.

it's not an irish potlock

did you try to stir fry them or just leave them in a pot and forget about them

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, THIS IS A ST. PATRICK'S DAY THREAD ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY! WHY WOULDN'T THE POTLUCK ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY BE ABOUT IRISH FOOD! THAT'S MAKES ABOUT AS MUCH SENSE AS FAKE TITS ON A NUN!

Not much. It's not even 4PM yet.

Heading to bar and grill later before I even hit the liquor store.

Nice, get drunk before you get drunk...

No they were just some frozen ones I had in the freezer and decided to add them last minute. Didn't properly defrost them, so I let them sit in the pan while I fried up the corn beef. They were all shit, but the bottom ones got that good scorch too.

I had some potato chips with my blt sandwich for lunch and I've been swilling vodka all afternoon so potatoes and alcohol - about as irish as you can get.

I've got some corned beef on the smoker right now, also smoking some cabbage that I cored out and shoved butter and spices inside. I'll be wrapping up the cabbage in a couple hours and putting the corned beef in a pan with carrots and onions and some beer and water in another couple hours to braise. I'm also going to make some mashed potatoes later to have with it.

What do I need to do to it?

I dunno, never tried, but it's a separate thing done in an oven as far as I know. My mom used to use mustard seeds and a glaze of some sort. You should look it up before you fuck it up.

Making mussels with crusty flax bread and a nice salad for dinner.

Attached: 1512442397854.gif (235x240, 1.93M)

Second attempt. Worked a lot better.

Attached: 20180317_173116.jpg (2257x2257, 2.65M)

Well for one thing you bought an uncured brisket. Now you need to cure it which will be a 1 week process with Ruhlman's method or 2 weeks using Martha Stewart's recipe. So your fake holiday meal will have to be postponed a bit if you want your brisket to be corned beef. Just make an Irish stew with it because you're surely too stupid to be able to mix a curing brine since you don't know the difference between corned beef and plain brisket.

Having dinner with my mom. It's her birthday.

Phase one complete, starting phase two...

Attached: smoked corned beef 1.jpg (2024x1518, 1.65M)

got drunk and beat my wife. cheers!

ITT:
>My great great grandmother was an Irish Princess

>he has no pride in his background
coward

Wat?

Made Chef John's kimchi corned beef. It's fucking amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=RZfqUAZddmk