An Authentic Irish Dinner

Seared Breast of Chicken with a Mushroom Cream Sauce, Roasted Asparagus and Baked Sweet Potato.

What's Veeky Forums having for St. Patrick's Day?

Attached: 20180317_200713.jpg (2576x1932, 2.6M)

>potatoes
not authentic irish

Bola roja beans with various chiles and andouille (the louisiana version) sausages, over rice

A bottle of "Tremenda" monastrell wine

Fuck St Patricks day and fuck irish (intentionally lower case) ''''people''''

Attached: tremenda_montastrell_500_666_c1_c_b.jpg (500x666, 175K)

I'm a potato nigger and I can tell you there is nothing Irish about that meal. Pic related is about as Irish as it gets.

Attached: Coddle.jpg (1200x900, 135K)

Just got done eating and cleaning everything up.
Smoked corned beef and cabbage
Braised carrots and pearl onions
Garlic mashed potatoes with sharp cheddar, bacon and chives.
Not particularly authentic, but it was still delicious.

Attached: smoked corned beef 2.jpg (2024x1518, 1.36M)

I made a lamb dish while listening to stiff little fingers, that count for anything?

Somebody post the Irish stew pasta

Attached: IMG_2045.jpg (475x530, 47K)

Ireland doesnt really have traditional food. The reason is because they are too stupid to into argiculture and plan ahead and raise livestock and pickle stuff.

That being said, a stew is pretty much Irish.

Nothing beats a killer roast

Attached: nUTl900.jpg (2117x2822, 780K)

You have hands

Attached: DSC_1_2883.jpg (1600x1200, 566K)

HEY, HEY, H-HEY I GOT ONE...

HOW ABOUT AN IRISH 7 COURSE MEAL

Attached: beanman.jpg (640x621, 47K)

Potatoes are overwhipped and gluey.
Looks like they came from a pouch.
What is wrong with that beef?
Looks like it had parasites.

I didnt eat anything and drank all day

So let me get this right. If it isn't stew or corned beef it can't be Irish? The culinary ignorance on this board is astounding.

Is there a way I can make corned beef but without corn?

I want to celebrate st Patrick's Day but I'm not a fan of corn.

ok ok please do not do it

>asparagus
>authentic irish

I'm Irish and my family has been growing and eating asparagus for as long as I can remember.

what if it was an irish chicken

yes

Yesterday was the worst dinner I have ever had. I generally don’t socialize with coworkers, but for some reason I did. I should have stuck to my rule about forgoing outside of work socializing. Six coworkers met at someone’s house yesterday under the pretense of ‘iris stew’. I grudgingly accepted the invitation and arrived at 2 pm (when I was told to arrive). I brought traditional soda bread that had to be baked first. The host made a bit of a stink about using the oven when he had other things in there, but I told him I wanted it fresh.

The stew was still cooking and the host was already drinking alcohol at this time. In the middle of a conversation with a member of the opposite sex, the host tells me, “Please, no talk about politics. Please not today.” I said if more people talked about politics we would be in a better country. He got very argumentative, so I just dropped it.

I was drinking apple juice that I brought over and the host kept trying to get me to have a beer. He was obviously intoxicated and starting saying how maybe I would be relaxed and ‘cooler’ if I had some alcohol. It was honestly pathetic, like peer pressure from a high school TV show.

Anyway, at that point I became withdrawn and went for a walk. I came back right before dinner and that is when the fun started. He made ‘Irish stew’ with beef, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, hot sauce, oregano, tomato, and various ingredients. I started telling other that proper Irish stew should only contain mutton, potato, onion and water and that beef, tomato, black pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and other ingredients would be available then and therefore it was a modern stew, not an Irish stew.

We started eating and someone asked about what I had said about real Irish stew. The host looked so annoyed so I told him. He turned red and told me if I didn’t like it I could, in his words, “get the fuck out and take my apple juice with me”.

I was shocked and speechless. He left the room and his girlfriend (they are unmarried but live together) apologized. Eventually, people started talking more comfortably and he came back and was brooding and drinking more.

The stew was okay, but not authentic. I asked him if he knew that mutton was on sale at a local store and he flew in a tirade, bringing up any small error or faux pas I have ever committed at work. People were trying to calm him down, and I simply responded to him in a quiet and calm voice, and said that I appreciated his invitation and his take on Irish stew, but it would have been nicer if the company had been more warm.

He got up and pulled me out of the chair, stretching my sweater at the neck in the process. He was literally screaming in my face and has his fist up in a threatening manner.

It was a horrible affair, but I decided to make authentic Irish stew today because I was let down yesterday and had a hankering for it. It is simmering on the stove and I plan on bringing it to lunch on Monday, one bowl for me and some for the host. It will be a subtle form of revenge as well as a way to show him that I am a better cook and am the more mature, forgiving person.

I'm still wondering how work will be tomorrow and what stories and rumors he's going to start spreading about me.

Okinawan sweet potatoes are better. The mushrooms look good, the sauce a bit oily, and the asparagus likely overdone but I would eat it.

Asparagus looks fine. No way to say otherwise from the pic alone. The sauce doesn't look oily either. I see where it may be separating around presumably hot chicken. The sweet potato looks pretty dull. Not sure i would do that with mushrooms.

I had jerk chicken and rice & pea.

are sweet potatoes even an Irish thing?

>Irish
>having enough food for even one course

Attached: 1455854496016.jpg (408x402, 28K)

this is a lie