Does anyone else here like eating in complete silence?

Does anyone else here like eating in complete silence?

Maybe it's just me being autistic again. But I like to reflect on my day while I'm eating. I hate eating at restaurants and I hate having to eat dinner with other people.

Attached: images.png (225x225, 7K)

i always have a show or movie playing 24/7 even when i sleep, the voices comfort me. i like being alone but i hate sitting quietly sober with my thoughts

No, I can eat with others around and in a way prefer it since if I eat alone I tend to more and
chew a lot less thoroughly, but completely understand where you're coming from.
That aside, please try to not use frog pictures.

When I'm feeling anxious I do the same to distract and soothe me. I've been as of late been watching/listening to ASMR videos and by now can't count the times I've watched a few particular videos since I've had them on repeat through the night and whenever I feel the need to escape some feeling.
It's not healthy and trying to get over it.
Fuck, i've really been regressing these last months..

Attached: not co but still.jpg (360x240, 26K)

The majority of 20 something men do that now.

I kinda hate when I’m eating with people and someone decides to start conversation when I’m mid-chew, because if food falls out my mouth then I look disrespectful

yes, but i also need to read something to cover the sound of eating.

I don't think I ever ate anything in silence. My computer is always on so it's always playing something. When I have dinner I usually watch a tv show/movie.

Attached: dri.jpg (267x274, 16K)

You can TRY some time not by having any media playing when you eat, putting your attention on chewing and tasting the food.

i'm the complete opposite
i can't eat without watching a movie or a tv show if i'm eating at home

What within your minds are you so keen on avoiding with this habit?

i want to die

I'm guessing that that has become a sort of automatic mantra that you say to yourself daily, right?

spot on
i don’t like myself and tv makes it more tolerable

I go out for dinner once a week with my family, I enjoy it but other than that I always eat alone and I like it that way.

Do you eat when you feel anxious?

I own my own home and I have a few spare rooms but I choose to live alone.
I've had bad experiences with room mates before and I feel uncomfortable if people over stay their welcome.
I've got one friend at the moment that is borderline homeless, he keeps making up excuses to come over to my house a few times a week and it's pretty difficult to get rid of him once he's here.

N-no
>yes

Do you (roughly) know what the root of your anxiety is?

agoraphobia, turbulent family upbringing, substance abuse, depression, fear of being an adult with responsibilities, probably more if i had to guess

I live alone. I usually eat in complete silence.

Are you me? I'm in the exact same boat.

Do you want to change?

doesn't really matter to me either way, so i guess not

What does your diet mainly consist of and do you do any form of exercise? Do you binge?
(not datamining, just am similar like you and trying to figure out how to get over the apathy)

>diet
turkey, onions, starches, vegetables once in a while. pizza if i can afford it. i have a weakness for milk and ice cream. used to do raw juicing but it was miserable
>exercise
not really, i lie about losing weight and walking on my treadmill
>do i binge
pretty much any time i eat
>how to get over the apathy
literally suck it up and take responsibility for yourself, no amount of prescription medicine or healthy choices could make me give a shit. just willpower

>just willpower
how to develop willpower?

you either have it or you don't, you can try building yourself up in increments but it never lasts. if you want it bad enough you'll find it.

can confirm

Then I'm going to make myself want it.
Fuck this state of being if I can change myself.

Godspeed user,
I recognize myself in your situation. Things will turn for the better if you put in the work. This is how you will become a man.

(not the guy you've been talking to)

Attached: index.png (225x225, 3K)

>if you put in the work
shit, didn't consider there'd actually require anything from me..
Thanks user

Attached: 1519879071109.gif (600x251, 2.33M)