The Ultimate Question

Is cake better when it's served warm or is it better when it's cold?

Attached: CCF_Social_ChrisOutrageousCheesecake.jpg (1920x1440, 165K)

Cool, not cold. With coffee.

At my house most cake is either left in the fridge or at room temperature. Eating cake warm isn't something I go out of the way to do.

pie is better

Personally I prefer chocolate varieties to be warmer than room temp. Everyone likes hot fudge. Especially when served with ice-cream.
But berry flavours should be chilled while citrus flavours can work either way.
All personal preferences and I had cheesecake in mind while I typed this because that's what I'm craving right now.

All food is better when served cold.

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

>serve food hot where you can observe less of the flavor spectrum
Tastelet.

Hot food is unpleasant to eat, unlike cold food.

I see you are a man of good taste.

But soups and fatty steaks and good warm.

I was going to argue against this but I realize you have a point. If there were a way to have the sensation of coolness with the texture of melty-hot foods, I'd be all over that.

Cold cake master race.

Attached: IMG_2620.jpg (3264x2448, 2.18M)

all dessert is pleb shit

deppends on the cake

It really does depend on the cake (and filing and/or frosting/topping), but in general, cool (not cold) to room temp will get the best results from the widest variety of cakes.

Actually, the opposite is true.

anything fatty or greasy is better hot but most soups could work either way unless it's more brothy than creamy then it's back to the first point because cold broths are disgusting

also cake is highly dependent on the filling
>cream and custard = cold
>chocolate/caramel/etc = either works but it's best to use those as frosting and serve it cold too or use the hot sauces over cold cake
>any cake with nuts or raisin = cold
>pies are up to taste

I really enjoy spending my nights looking at high resolution pictures of chocolate cakes.

Coldness significantly inhibits aroma, and thus taste. It's basic chemistry, something you'd know about if you hadn't dropped out of highschool.

i kind of like it cold imo it really improves the mouth feel.

I'm not arguing for either side here but cold food warms up inside your mouth which I think some people prefer over hot food which you can't cool down once it's in your mouth