Duck as food

Duck as food

Attached: mallard-male-standing.ngsversion.1396906974359.jpg (1600x900, 1002K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Ri0co3YRVU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No duck as friend

Gonna share a recipe with you
>take duck thighs (the pieces with bones in them)
>slice the fat layer with incisions
>into these incisions put little pieces of crushed garlic
>season the rest of the thighs with salt and pepper
>put them into the oven at about 180°C for 20-30 minutes
>while they're in the oven, start preparing your sauce: take equal parts of honey (natural honey, not the sugar syrup honey-like product) and mustard, add a bit of olive oil to it so you can mix it, and add some saffran into the mix
>take the thighs out, glaze them with your sauce, and put them back into the oven for 10 minutes or so
>take the thighs out, serve them with the rest of the sauce you have and fried potatoes

Very tender but a very strong flavour I;m personally not a fan of.

n-no :, (

Attached: waterfowl.jpg (956x1280, 491K)

Not OP, saved it.

I've been wanting to prepare duck with a cherry element, for some reason it sounds like it would be very good and deviate though not all that far from the classic orange pairing.

That's one juicy lookin' duck. Yum.

are chinks too cheap to eat chicken or what? why eat a disgusting farm animal instead of normal food?

the irony of this post

Needs to be browned in a cast iron pan. That Mallard reaction will really bring out the flavour.

Duck is so fucking delicious. Are there really people that aren't into it? Are there really people that haven't experienced bistro confit duck or proper good peking duck?

Should we regard these 'people' as people?

it's alright, but goose is better desu

Duck is amazing desu

Basically unadventurous morons who think that it tastes "gamey". But that shouldn't be surprising. 90% of the West would probably eat deep-fried cardboard if it provided sustenance.

Can you really eat geese? I thought we had an overpopulation problem because no one wanted to hunt them to eat them.

Geese are good but not the garbage eating kind that live close to populated areas.

is good

Duck as hood

Attached: fuckduck.jpg (660x661, 44K)

I love you

Goose is pretty good if it's corned. I still think duck is better.

They have a lot of fat, like a lot. Because it renders out during cooking, you have to be careful you don't start a grease fire when cooking them.
I think the overpopulation problem has a lot more to do with the federal regulations involving killing canadian geese.

you know they kill all the animals after these shows...

DUCK YOU OP.

DUCK...YOU.

Lmao

Instinctively clicked to avoid being duckrolled

I'm old

The limit on Canada's needs to be upped in my opinion.
Here in my state I can only take 5 dark geese a day with a total possession limit of 15 but can take 50 light geese a day with no total possession limit.

You are goose

chicken is way cheaper and worse tasting than duck

If by "the West" you mean las ogros del Americas, then yes

Attached: 1520449486713.jpg (310x207, 56K)

If you're going to have duck breast remember to score the fatty skin so you release more fat when you fry it off. Also start off on a cold pan first

for me, it's roast pigeon

Attached: 20130404_135231.jpg (2448x3264, 2.1M)

WTF is wrong with your GMO pigeon. Are you in America?

I used to really like duck, because I like French cuisine, but it's really not that special.
>extremely gamey
>ducks eat garbage, the shit they eat is just absolutely disgusting
>most duck is served with a raspberry sauce or an orange sauce or some other sickly sweet blueberry/honey sauce to cover up the actual flavor of the meat
>or it uses a shit ton of wine or sherry for the same reason

I'll still eat duck on occasion. I'll have pressed duck for the novelty, and I had smoked duck nigiri once in Japan that was actually pretty nice. But duck is not an elegant meat. It's like lobster. Good for a change of pace.

>I don't eat a meat because the restaurants serving it don't make it the way I like it
youtube.com/watch?v=-Ri0co3YRVU

EY BOSS, FRESH DELIVERY AH SQUAB OUT BACK
HOLD ON, LEMME GET THE NET

Attached: 1492145007924.jpg (320x320, 18K)

>I have the reading comprehension of a child.
Duck is not a high quality meat. This is directly reflected in its method of preparation.

Hehehehheheehh