A decent cheeseburger in this city cost at least $7

A decent cheeseburger in this city cost at least $7.

Do you guys have any tips on making a decent hamburger? I want to not use bread buns so I was considering putting the burger, with the usual dressings, inside a spinach wrap.

I know to let the ground beef thaw and put in salt and pepper. Anything else?

Attached: REally Americans.jpg (600x450, 62K)

Is that really true? I’m a coastie soyboy elitist so maybe I’m a bad example but I eat maybe one a month

>how do i make a better burger
>no buns, i'm gonna use a lettuce wrap

Attached: 1513228938666.jpg (505x466, 20K)

Dude what?
Inside a spinach wrap?
Your making a ground beef wrap, not a hamburger. You should be asking for a recipe for tacos/gyros/wraps?

Honestly you can add anything you like to a burger. My only thing to say is don't over-work the ground beef, it makes it tense and it cooks like a meatball. Know what you want to add, do that, form a patty and then grill it. You can use a saute pan if you don't have a grill but it requires more attention.

Good luck.

Attached: 1492189404038.jpg (184x184, 11K)

I just looked it up and apparently it's true. I can't remember the last time I had a burger even though I love them.

I'm assuming you're on a keto diet or some shit if you're not using buns, but I cant' help you with the wrap stuff.

All I can say is, use some oil in the pan, try to only flip once, don't add a bunch of random shit like sauces into the meat, and if you're using cheese, add it just before the burger is done and actually wait for it to melt. There's nothing sadder than a slice of unmelted cheese on a hamburger.

no way that number is correct

Just eat it with a fork on a plate and a mushroom sauce like a civilized human being that doesn't need to pretend to be healthy with two pieces of lettuce.

also, worcestershire sauce is great in burger beef and some people find egg yolk and bread crumbs useful for controlling consistency. Worcestershire sauce has some acidity so it will also affect cooking dynamics but it also tastes really good in burgers.

probably in flyover land they eat a fastfood burger or two for lunch every day so that brings up the national average a ton.

three a week what the fuck

I'm solidly 0-1 per week and most of those are turkey burgers

>the average american eats three burgers a week
more like 3 burgers an hour

A lot of people stop at fast food joints for lunch because they "don't have time to make a bag lunch", when in reality, they don't feel like packing a lunch and will just stop at McDonalds/Wendys/BK/whatever-burger-joint for lunch and have a quick bite to eat.

I could easily see people who don't visit a food & cooking board in their spare time grabbing a double cheese burger and a fry on lunch because it's quick and somewhat cheap, three times a week, if not more since this is an "average".

Attached: burger_king_pizza_burger_001.jpg (1024x677, 713K)

>using wraps instead of bread

I hate you faggy hipsters so much

>decent hamburger
>spinach wrap
Found your problem OP. A burger belongs on a burger bun. Not inside some spinach.

Honestly though, a decent burger is purely about the meat. Ground supermarket meat is extremely poor quality, and tastes bland.

Instead you want to buy good quality whole cuts of meat from a butcher, and either have them grind the meat for you, or do it yourself at home.

You want to use a mixture of different cuts, and have a fat ratio of around 60-70% lean cuts of meat to 40-30% fattier cuts.

Typically something like 70% chuck steak to 30% short-rib. (If you're cooking your burgers well done, then you'll want to use more fatty cuts to keep the burger moist, so that's when you'd use 60/40)

You can also experiment with different blends, and other cuts of beef. Some people add beef round, brisket, shoulder, navel, bacon fat, etc.

You'll tend to want to avoid expensive cuts of meat, since cheaper cuts are more flavorful.

With this all said though, if you can't eat bread, why not just make a steak?

You're going to need a new keyboard soon because that enter/return key is going to die.

>I'm solidly 0-1 per week and most of those are turkey burgers
sad

with your thumb, put a small indent into the center of the patty so it cooks more evenly through

You can also grind up onion into a paste and add it to your patty, but it'll cook a lot faster

Attached: 1422101689936.jpg (250x238, 20K)

Yeah. Office guys especially like to get together for lunch and talk about sports over some burgers.

No way is that number correct unless they count orders of small burgers individually. If that's the case then one trip to white castle is a month's worth of burgers.

>average
>median
>typical
hmmm
>shitposting
oh, there it is

Oh yeah, now that you mention it there's a small group that does that at my office. I did it a few times to seem like a "team player" but couldn't stand it after a while. Plus, it's like $25 for a burger, fries, and a "free" beer, and if you don't have the beer you're seen as untrustworthy or suspicious.

I use pork rinds and cloud bread

FEBO grillburger for life 2,50 euro's

bofa deez are good advice

Its poor small city niggers and midwest lardasses eating McDonalds and other fast foods for literally every meal that cause this statistic. The average is 3 but the median is >1.

Spring for pastured beef and fresher toppings, better ingredients always make for better food. Barring that, season the meat an hour before forming it into patties.

>just make meatloaf instead

There's no way that picture can be true.
If it is, people are worse than I thought and I think they're terrible.

I've used tortilla before and it turned out pretty tasty. I made my own big mac sauce and it tasted pretty much like what you'd expect. spinach wrap sounds kind of disgusting tbqh but maybe you can give it a try and experiment with that.

as for the patty itself, I just tried making my own patties the other day for the first time and I thought I did a pretty decent job with just salt, pepper, minced garlic, and some onion that I poorly chopped up. I used a bit too much salt, but otherwise I was surprised at how tasty this was.

a lot of recipes I've read online have called for an egg, bread crumbs, and some worcestershire sauce as well, which I will be trying out with the sliders I make myself today.