So my cousin just tried to order 30 wings (these are wingdings mind you) and some buffalo something or other fries and...

so my cousin just tried to order 30 wings (these are wingdings mind you) and some buffalo something or other fries and the total came out to 47 dollars... how is this company still in business again??

Attached: images[1].png (179x281, 6K)

Never mind the price, I just don't understand why people rave so much about it. It's the quality of microwaved snack food.

Idiots like your cousin will buy it

That's basically what it is. I opened one of these as a 'consultant'. The food quality is absolute trash, straight garbage. Staff don't even wash their hands in the BOH.

I'm a fan of wings but I'm not getting them there ever again.

Though I will say it's good for a beer and 97 tv's on the walls all playing the same thing. Brilliant.

I have never eaten at one of those OP. I guess they are still in business because they have an assortment of dipping sauces and boneless wings for plebs who need their honey mustard. Likely they have big TVs.

I try to find out who has the best this or that in town and typically it's not a chain, and that is where I might do my takeout from...I'd assume a chain prices have an eat-in kind of pricing.

I'd suggest you look at a catering menu though. I bet there was a 50-150 price for mega parties or catering a work thing that was exactly the same value as your small order. The more you know...

Best wings where I live in Miami are fried, sauced with buffalo, then again cooked twice. They are brushed with worchestershire and garlic butter and grilled over charcoal that crisps the skin back up and warms them nicely. At least a dozen restaurants in my city copycat do that.

Best wings I've ever had could be a tossup. I liked Turntable Chicken Jazz in Manhattan midtown, korean style, half and half, some kind of chili rub and lots of smoke, and the pickled daikon on the side, mmm. I also like a chinese place in Sarasota with minced cilantro, garlic, crispy shallot and I don't what else, all sprinkled on top after frying. Best cooked wings I've ever had were at a pho restaurant in northern virginia. Butter fried, and served with a bowl of lime wedges, fish sauce, and a bowl of sichuan peppercorns and salt blend. Those were so crunchy you could have eaten the bones accidentally.

Attached: chicken wings.jpg (550x309, 30K)

asian zing is the only thing they have to offer there. all their other sauces are terrible and the meat itself is pretty shit. haven't been there in over a year.

I go there every sunday for a cheat meal, large wings traditional and street tacos, comes to about 29 dollars

Where the FUCK do you find microwavable wings that are comparable to B-Dubs?

You answered your own question

Makes me glad to live 10 miles from BuffaLouies.

that's like six cheat meals

Got recs for restaurants in Miami? I grew up in Miami but moved for a few years and am going back to visit and can actually afford to go out this time

The mango habanero is decent

Wal-mart frozen section

I don't understand why wing places are so expensive in general why is a fucking wing a $1 each 20 wings shouldn't cost $24

>he doesn't go for 70cent wings on thursdays

Gfs sells 4# bags of wings for $15 and is often on sale for $11.99. They are outstanding wings for the money. Very little sauce and properly marinated. I did not think a frozen product could be that good but I’m telling you it is. The chili lime wings are my go to. pic related

Attached: 6F7E7D4D-99C2-408E-82CC-9B1B822E2F03.jpg (820x615, 164K)

only time buying their wings is actually justified
they notably have the best onion rings known to man so that's what actually keeps me coming back

sounds bad, looks bad, you're bad

Anyone go to pic related? $15.99 for 20 wings and a shit ton of fries. Pretty damn good for two people. Idk wtf B-Dubs has done but their portions have been jew'd lately...

Attached: 288148664.jpg (600x800, 146K)

i remember them being only 20 cent wings

Every single frozen wing brand tastes like absolute trash. Even shitty wings from wing place are superior.

Pluckers is the best place for boneless wings. They pretty much give you half a chicken breast.

>boneless
>wings

Pick one

i believe the word you are looking for is "wyngz"

nowhere- its a bullshit statement.

It's over priced deep fried food with an assortment of sauces, and i honestly fucking love it every once in a while. but there is no frozen wing that even pops the bubble of being 'good' they're all soggy trash.

There's also no other place in my city that offers a variety like them so....

Most people eat 12 wings max. Your friend is a fatass

I've never been to one, but does the beef tallow make a difference in the taste compared to other places using vegetable oil?

The wings aren’t bad, and if you go during happy hour they have some pretty good drink specials.

Idk. I like the mango habenero and they have NBA league pass so I can watch out of market games

>baking powder
>pinch of salt, pepper, and paprika
>mix, coat wings
>bake
You saved yourself $30 and have wings better than 90% of places that make them.

If you're in Sarasota go to the White Buffalo...honkey tonk joint but they have the best smoked wings I've ever had.

Buffalo Wild Wings has their wings shipped in frozen, which subsequently need to be thawed to be cooked. It's the same shit. The only thing that place is good for is a tall glass of beer and maybe a UFC fight or something like that. You don't know you're eating frozen chicken...but yeah you're eating frozen chicken.

Attached: Ben.jpg (480x606, 26K)

no gfs

Attached: wojak[1].jpg (1600x900, 53K)

My old roommate worked one shift there and nearly went insane there because everything is just fryers, timers, bells, and bags of seasoning/sauce everywhere.

Didn't they change that last year to only boneless? At least the one my old co-workers went to did.

With pic related and Jethro's in Des Moines I have only buy beer and avoid paying $60 for a UFC event.

Attached: wfGRC0ZXxQ69MGHTPCXkdu1__V8.png (621x304, 358K)

We have half price tradition wings on Tuesday

Jethro's is one of the few things I miss about Des Moines

I'm a spice fag and love the ghost pepper wings. My ass burns the next day but it's worth it.

That's what I thought. Does it beat my own home-made wings? I don't think so. But I dislike liars and snobby folks who put other people's tastes down with the pretext they are enlightened. We all shit and pee.

>Frozen is bad

Why is that a concern?

>41 responses
>No mention of Wingstop
Jesus Christ, OP's cousin needs to get their shit together.

wait what

wingstop isnt BWW tier but it is still fucking garbage overpriced shit
90% of their sauces are literal cancer, mango habenero has the sugar/spice ratio of ketchup, and their hottest sauce/rub is hardly more than over peppered barbeque sauce

t. ghost chili wing lover

you're not supposed to fry them frozen.
bdubs occasionally gets it right, but they also occasionally get it wrong. Sometimes even in the same order.
You'll notice that they stick them in frozen when the breading doesn't even stick to the chicken.

Went there once.
Sauces were weak and bland.
Wings came out bone cold.

I literally make a better sauce at home.

The water content expands as it freezes (duh) and destroys the flesh. Obviously frozen foods are necessary as a way of preserving food but come on, you can't base the name of a food chain on 'wings' and serve frozen shit.

The sauces are all shipped in bags too. It's basically McDonalds with a bar atmosphere. I'm not mad at it, I'm just telling you what the place is.

The bone in wings are so godamned greasy. The skin was slimy, no crunchy. And the worst offense is the bleu cheese sauce was ass. It infuriates me because the one time I went is because mu senpai wanted to try A new wing place rather than our usual. Guess what none of the. have gone back since and look shellshocked when I mention it.

It's dog shit

It's a meme hype restaurant driven by Wall St investors. It's cyclical, they come and go.

BWW's food is trash but they run happy hour deals and it's a gathering center for people to watch sports. Having spent some time on the finance side of the food industry (extended family has owned several restaurants), I can tell you with full confidence that the industry knows that burgers n' beer sports bars are the most reliable and consistently profitable sectors of the restaurant industry. Fine dining does not make money. People just really like dimly lit unsophisticated bars that show sports on TVs. BWW is just an iteration of that idea, but with wings as the focus.

To an investor BWW looks like almost an ideal value proposition. Their food is all shit that comes off a Sysco truck, and they mark it way the hell up. Plus booze profits are around 300%. Their whole game was to expand as rapidly as possible in class B and C suburban retail spaces to keep costs down.

Makes you appreciate publix 20 for 10$

if you don't already appreciate publix for literally every other reason, you are a heretic that belongs on a cross

Attached: publix pepe.png (447x458, 272K)

>nearest buffalo wild wings is a five-minute drive away
>ten minutes away is this small-business wing place
>uses quality chicken, properly cooked
>they do burgers and shit too but no boneless wings, just real wings
>over 80 different sauces, rubs, and flavors of wings
>so far every single one i've tried is amazing
>have to order wings by the half dozen, 6 wings is 6-8 dollars but it's worth it
fuck buffalo wild wings, i've got a wing place that's much higher quality and the same price or cheaper, to boot.