Hey Veeky Forums, I thought I'd share my personal recipe with you, and see what everyone has to say...

Hey Veeky Forums, I thought I'd share my personal recipe with you, and see what everyone has to say. This is my personal Hot Mustard Chicken. It's very flavourful, very easy to make, and I really enjoy it.

Starting out we have the ingredients. This is what I have available to me, I'm sure some substitutions would do just as well.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 01.jpg (1984x1488, 1.09M)

Damn network crapped out on me as soon as I started. ))))

Okay, first thing is take three tablespoons of butter and melt it in the microwave.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 02.jpg (1984x1488, 1.06M)

The chicken breasts have been cut into decent sized pieces. You can cut them smaller if you prefer.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 04.jpg (1984x1488, 933K)

Well, Jewgle is blocking me from submitting anything else with malfunctioning Captchas. I guess I'll do this later.

well shit user. this actually seemed pretty good.

I'm going to try this again. Every time I post with an image, I get a captcha error, but I can post without an image just fine. Frustrating as hell.

Anyways, I take the melted butter and pour it into the dish, making sure to coat each piece thoroughly.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 05.jpg (1984x1488, 937K)

>chicken breasts
>mountain dew
>whole stick of butter
so how many teeth do you have left

Okay! Maybe it's unscrewed itself!

First I give it a good dose of the Greek spice.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 06.jpg (1984x1488, 1.16M)

The Mountain Dew was meant as a bit of a Veeky Forums joke. :)

As for the Cayenne pepper, I do not hold back. Love this stuff.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 07.jpg (1984x1488, 1.22M)

Starting to block me again... is Hot Mustard Chicken some kind of NSA keyword that Google is blocking, or something?

Okay, I forgot this in the initial picture but I can't do without a few crushed red peppers.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 08.jpg (1984x1488, 1.29M)

Blocked from uploading images again, going to wait a bit. I think by the end of this I'll have identified a quarter of the street signs in the continental US. This last captcha I had to go through 19 windows!

Yeah, they seem to have some sort of spam protection that works like shit. I had the same problem uploading a few webms. Everything works fine, even posting just text, except when you want to upload.

Next I give it just a little bit of Paprika.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 09.jpg (1984x1488, 1.22M)

Well damn. I guess because it's becoming increasingly difficult to post by design, I'd better buy a Veeky Forums pass then!
>Hiroshimoot hand wringing intensifies

Now for the accents. Just a little bit of Old Bay.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 10.jpg (1984x1488, 1.2M)

Garlic powder to taste. You could easily put in more if that's your thing, but I find it starts to overpower the other tastes.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 11.jpg (1984x1488, 1.15M)

Some of the last of my Club House seasoned salt. This stuff works on so many things, love it. Need to buy a bigger container next time I have the chance.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 12.jpg (1984x1488, 1.21M)

I then add the brown sugar. You don't taste this as much in the final sauce, but it helps smooth out any bitters and adds just the right amount of sweet.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 13.jpg (1984x1488, 1.4M)

I add a little more flour as I did butter, as I'm bound to lose some in the mixing, in order to help create a beurre maniƩ with the juices and mustard during cooking. It works wonderfully, you're left with a thick sauce rather than a watery soup.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 14.jpg (1984x1488, 959K)

Now I mix everything together by hand. I really knead, rub, and press this spice paste into the chicken pieces as thoroughly as I can. The (by this point) congealed butter coating on the chicken helps everything to stay put on the pieces, and will help keep it there for the next step.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 15.jpg (1984x1488, 1.23M)

I am curiously paying attention.

Now what we've all been waiting for, the mustard component of our hot mustard chicken. I use both yellow and spicy brown. First comes the yellow. This is going to become a sauce that will encompass the chicken during cooking, so don't skimp.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 16.jpg (1984x1488, 935K)

Blocked again, patience if you will.

Go on..

I'm trying, I'm trying! Still blocked from posting images.

Come on, come on!

Same goes for the spicy brown mustard, just put it on there!

Attached: Mustard Chicken 17.jpg (1984x1488, 1.01M)

Alright, about damn time. Monumental effort just to post a couple images.

I then make sure to get that mustard coating every piece, spread it around, but not be too aggressive and really rub it in. Optimally you'll have a spice coating under a mustard coating, so as it cooks and the mustard heats up and sloughs away the spices are still there broiling next to the chicken for a while longer.

All this goes into the oven to be cooked covered at 375 for (in this case) 40 minutes. Now, this chicken was very cold and the two breasts were friggin enormous, so there was a little to overcome there. Generally with two breasts 25 minutes is all you'll need, but it's all about weight and cut.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 18.jpg (1984x1488, 1.2M)

This is what you get in the end. If done right the butter, flour, mustards, and chicken juices broil together into a sauce and the chicken remains juicy and tender, with all the oils from the spices having permeated it. It's a little disconcerting at first, and it makes paying attention to ensure your chicken is thoroughly cooked all the more important, but you'll have white meat inside the chicken oozing red juices. This is just spice oils, but I always double-check with a meat thermometer just in case.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 19.jpg (1984x1488, 859K)

I'm not sure about this

And that is (finally!) that. The chicken has a tangy mustard zip with a little of that brown sugar sweet to start, and then it follows it with a nice spicy and tasty kick. I always serve in a bowl rather than a plate because I ladle some extra sauce into the bottom to dip the piece in again after that first bite. I hope you folks found the recipe interesting, and might try it for yourselves. Trust me, if you're one for spicy things this taste is pretty good.

Attached: Mustard Chicken 20.jpg (1984x1488, 958K)

That's... alotta mustard.

Attached: eeeww.jpg (700x500, 28K)

So this can be done with tofu instead of chicken right? Not like you'd be able to taste whatever protein is behind those layers of spices and condiments anyway.

It gets turned into a sauce, you don't have to eat all of the leftover sauce if you don't want to.
The tastes actually do come through pretty decently, it's not as overpowering as it might seem. I tried it once with pork, noticeable difference.

Probably cut down on everything, especially the mustard. Add horseradish/wasabi and add pickles once cooked. At least that's my attempt to improve your dish.

I think your flavours have potential but your technique is off. Let your chicken marinate in the mustard/spice mixture for an hour or two, then throw the chicken strips onto the grill. This will brown them and produce a nice crust of concentrated mustard to boost the flavour.

If you're committed to the idea of serving it swimming in sauce, you can simmer the remaining marinade in a pan with some chicken stock and dry white wine or fortified wine (Sherry/Marsala/Madeira) and reduce until reaching the desired consistency.

no user... nonono.

Oh yeah, it was in the fridge for several hours between coating and cooking (why I said it was very cold) I forgot to mention. No grill here though, sadly, my old girl finally gave up the ghost and I haven't bought another.

I'm not stuck on tons of sauce, there's usually quite a bit left over, and I'd thought about the wine thing... just this ended up more a "fewer steps" recipe.

Thats what I thought he was doing too, almost kind of like a mustard tandoori. user, please. Spread that shit out into a single layer and blast it with high heat so you get a bit of browning.

Well that kind of laziness won't cut the mustard here

Attached: 1389038183097.jpg (707x530, 90K)

Nigga all you had to do was use less of all of that shit and bake it and it would of been edible. But no you had to boil it in mustard. Your mom should be ashamed of herself.

its American mustard you pussy

I think the captcha didn't want you to post for a reason. That chicken is fucking disgusting.

Nigger what the fuck

Attached: I_NOID.jpg (1200x798, 312K)

lies

Attached: 2018-03-19 20_30_18-1521464337115.jpg (569x544, 67K)

Good effort OP, thanks for the refreshing thread that isn't about Fast food, WEBMs etc.

I think it might've been a bit more popular if you'd presented the final product a little better.

Maybe drain the sauce, brown the chicken and put it on a bed of spiced lentils/beans/rice with some token greens or even a whole salad.

Just a suggestion.

Attached: 1408075820539.jpg (500x417, 60K)