Do Vegetarian in India also follow the rule that ban "five pungent vegetables"...

Do Vegetarian in India also follow the rule that ban "five pungent vegetables", which include Allium as well as other vegetables, from their tables?

Attached: pungent-plants.gif (309x254, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism
livestrong.com/article/379591-side-effects-of-kyolic-garlic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Indian here. No, only Brahmins do that, and most don't even bother these days.

Supposedly you are supposed to abstain from these and meat etc at least during religious festivals, but again. Nobody bothers with it.

isn't that jainism or whatever
>pythagoras was an autist about beans or whatever too
fuckin wingnuts

Not really, they Jain vegetarian don't eat onion and potato because root vegetables are considered as having infinite life, while vegetarian in East Asia reject Allium in their diet because of their taste and their effect on body.

Why would you want those banned they make everything better

Aren't chives and green onion just the tops of garlic and onion respectively anyway?

>root vegetables are considered as having infinite life
I've tried researching this before and found nothing backing it up. Can you provide more info or a source? Not because I doubt you but for genuine interest.

>infinite life
I am just reading from Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism
>Strict Jains don’t eatroot vegetablessuch as potatoes, onions, roots and tubers, because such root vegetables are consideredananthkay. Ananthkay means one body, but containing infinite lives.

If I would guess that might be because they reproduce in this way?

Attached: chapter-16-reproduction-in-plants-lesson-1-types-of-reproduction-in-plants-8-728.jpg (728x546, 91K)

>chives and green onion just tops of garlic and onion
I don't think that is the case for chives.
For green onion, they have their own name in Asian languages so one might not immediately aware that they are just onion.
Also, the exact "five spices" actually varies between different texts with different examples being listed although the principle is generally the same: no allium

>Onion and Garlic dilutes the blood like aspirin does and adds a chemical called ‘Allicin’ in the blood. The blood runs faster than normal. The nerves become alerted or agitated and these nerves get tightened, hence they induce the person to involve in some activities to relax his nerves. Naturally, the man uses sexual acts for relaxation. Thus, He involves in uncontrolled sexual acts. More usage of garlic & onion induces man to commit offences. They do not strengthen the body, they just induce the nerves.

poo in loo

Thanks. That's pretty interesting.

Nice infograph. They use ginger a lot right? And that's a rhizome. Does that have infinite lives too?

Thanks, you taught me something new about chives. I wonder is there's anything to this no allium thing.

That's something I don't know.. maybe different schools of teaching?

>they make everything better

That’s why. The religions concerned with the ‘five pungent vegetables’ are self-mortifying ascetic religions that consider pleasure to be evil.

That's a Brahmin tradition back in India.
One of the reasons I love it here in the US is the separation of religion and state.
I would love to settle here and work in California when my scholarship expires.

So this is what vegetarian pseudoscience looks like? Impressive. They get points for creativity, for sure. I'd be willing to bet the same people who eat this shit up are the same ones who believe Terrence McKenna had any semblance of scientific credibility.

/thread

Attached: 1518461838819.png (773x740, 56K)

What an infant.

Fuck off Sanjeep

Wait, so is it the tradition of Brahmin class of people, or part of religion traditionally followed by Brahmins?

No, the tradition is to compensate designated shitting street so that the wholesome onions can be found within the upper ground soil

>designated

99% people who follow the practice have never heard of who Terrence McKenna is
And it's not like there are no researches that back it livestrong.com/article/379591-side-effects-of-kyolic-garlic/

DESIGNATED

What a poo

Kill yourselves.

DESIGNATED!

SHITTING!

STREET

STREETS!