Backyard cookout with friends

>backyard cookout with friends
>I'm the cook
>friends think I'm autistic for using a thermometer to temp all the meat

Is careful temperature control such a sin?

Attached: 51WEh8MOXWL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 20K)

it's not but you're probably autistic anyway

Not unless you're ventilating good steak

It's slightly odd for bbqs, yes.
Additionally, the """ grill master""" is expected to be able to cook a steak without needing extra tools

meat thermometers are great and will make you a better cook. most of the time I don't 'need' it as in I know what temp I'll be getting before I even check, but it's still handy and takes about 2 seconds.
agree that it's odd, but there are so many variables when it comes to cooking. if youre really experienced at whatever youre making and using familiar ingredients, sure.

always use use a fucking thermometer. always...

This

Tell your friends you're in good company, because its just as autistic to give a shit about how someone grills and mention it.

Yeah your ancestors also used a thermometer while grilling pieces of factory farmed animals which cause cancer and heart disease

>I don't trust myself around cooking meat, and need a robot to hold my hand.

I cooked meat for 20 years without them you childish cunt. Getting one makes life easy.

>mfw long walks on beaches holding hands with your robot waifu is dumb

Attached: 1515489035088.jpg (539x530, 63K)

Why not, honestly. It's cheap, fast and accurate. Might be a bit unusual at bbq but just say you're a perfectionist

boy, you sure made me look stupid eating meat despite it being unjustifiable! i truly feel ashamed about this entire thing so if you could just tell me how to make it up to you before the animal uprising that'd be swell

No, but I wouldn't be surprised if people make fun of you for it anyways. I like it because otherwise I'm prone to overcooking things to ensure they're fully cooked, whereas with the thermometer I could temp it and be confident that it's done.

they think overcooked chicken is "well done"

at a thing with buddies, who gives a fuck, man

Cogent and biting original commentary there.

You would if you got food poisoning from undercooked pork chops.

you won't
also, who hangs out with friend to have pork chops
it's not wednesday night with the wife and kids

Bruh just check the inside thru the bottom. That's what I do at work when people want a burger a specific temp.

i'm a nurse and i do that at work too

My mother gets pissy when I check the temperature of foods she is cooking for family gatherings. I don't understand her issue. I just don't want it overcooked and I definitely don't want it undercooked.

my dad prefers pork chops to beef steak.

my dad works at nintendo and he said your dad's a real dummy