Wine/spirits/beer thread, since the al/ck/ thread is just a bunch of losers feeling sorry for themselves

wine/spirits/beer thread, since the al/ck/ thread is just a bunch of losers feeling sorry for themselves

wanted to try a real rum but my local liquor store has a pretty shit rum selection, so it was either Pusser's Blue Label or the lowest-tier Appleton Estates aside from the spiced rums. what am i in for?

Attached: Pussers-Rum.jpg (350x525, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

drecon.dk/index.php/17-list-of-rum-measured
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This stuff is choice
mwah

Attached: img2238.png (280x535, 125K)

>what am I in for

Realizing that you’re a loser and then feeling sorry for yourself.

>calls people losers
>can't even get good rum
pottery

Attached: clement-xo-44-70cl-6000518-0-1425489746000.jpg (750x1000, 73K)

Got this today, looking forward to trying it out on the weekend

Attached: IMG_20180319_170336792.jpg (2340x4160, 2.44M)

Haven't had pussers, but I did buy a legit rum a long time ago and was genuinely shocked at how sweet it was. Wasn't spiced or anything. It was like, vanilla brown sugar sort of? Idk not something I'd drink regularly.
Been creeping into gin recently. I've had Hendricks and beefeater and seagrams. What generally available gin should I try next?

>rum tasted weird, almost like brown sugar

Fucking hell, this is what happens when the amateurs decide to start their own al/ck/ thread.

original Bombay. i think it's much better (and more cheaper) than the more popular Bombay Sapphire, which imo isn't good despite its rep, i.e., the Grey Goose of gins

i would have posted in the al/ck/ if you guys actually discussed alcohol and not the mess you've made of your lives

I didn't say it tasted weird, just not what I expected.
Yeah I suppose I should cover the major bases. There are a lot of cool bottle designs I get curious about though. I'm a sucker for that stuff. I'll try Bombay next!

Aviation or any american style gin

Pusser's alone is not that nice, but it's the go to rum for Painkillers:
6 parts Rum
1-3 parts Coconut cream (Not milk!)
3-4 parts Orange Juice
8-10 parts Pineapple Juice
Shaken on ice. It's kind of like a Pina Colada, but the rum makes it so much better

why drink gin when you can drink gin flavored vodka?

Attached: New-Amsterdam-Gin.png (450x800, 321K)

In general, if you ask for advice in a Veeky Forums thread already full of professionals you’re more likely to get friendly, knowledgeable advice than if you angrily start your own general thread without a specific question.

NA sucks, both the gin and the vodka, but especially the gin. Never understood the appeal when there are better, cheaper options.

Anyone ever tried a Kilchoman? Which one is the best?

Attached: kilchoman-sanaig.png (1400x1536, 2.44M)

>tfw moved to Boston and even a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black is $40

jesus, back home it was only $25. trying to get into single malts is going to murder my wallet

Hey ive been wanting to try that rum!
I hear its good just by itself with some ice
Report back and let me know, really wanting to try a good sipping rum since that last thread yesterday
Keep me posted

I've only tried the Machir Bay.
To me it was a slightly better, albiet slightly more expensive Laphroaig 10.
It has the same notes of charcoal and a light caramel, but it does a much better job of blending them.

how many fucking Scottish distilleries are there? in every whiskey/liquor thread there always comes up a name i haven't heard of yet. there must be a metric fuckton considering the relatively small country

i'll try it later tonight, hopefully the thread can stay up until tomorrow

wikipedia lists about 90 active whisky distilleries in scotland.

that stuff is great
this stuff is foul

Attached: ci_jameson_caskmates_ipa_edition_f8fe306210e6de4c.png.jpg (400x600, 10K)

is gallo pulling out the stops?

good evening

Attached: bellboys.jpg (3024x4032, 1.07M)

i dont think ill ever like beer

never had this, but hoppy whiskey sounds garbage

>he needs a safe space thread
>wah the alc thread is too negative
Fuck off retard

Kill yourself, kid.

Let's get an official ranking of ice beers. Only adjunct macro ice beers.

Milwaukee's Best Ice
Genesee Ice
Bud Ice
Icehouse
Keystone Ice
Natty Ice
Labatt Ice

Step aside. The best tasting liquor is here.

Attached: vermo_cam1.jpg (900x1200, 163K)

Fuck you now I want a Campari Soda

Attached: camparisoda.jpg (273x185, 8K)

lel look as these butthurt degenerate alchies lmao. go finish drinking yourselves into an early grave

How are you fags pretentious about being alcoholics holy shit thats a new low

I like this beer

Attached: 3810_1500H.jpg (600x1500, 78K)

bud platinum
keystone ice
beast ice
icehouse
natty ice
never had labatt ice or genesee ice

I was lucky enough to find a bottle of old recipe Pussers from before the remake, I think it was like 1971 or something. Absolutely delectable, and full navy strength too.

It's finished in IPA cask not made from an IPA you donkey.

That being said I'd had a few different aged and unnaged spirits distilled from hopped beers and they're never particularly good.

1) Icehouse
2) Natty Ice

9001) everything else

has anyone tried this?
I heard it's good, but kinda too syrupy for sipping

Attached: Bird-Dog-Blackberry-Whiskey-500.jpg (226x500, 17K)

Stop posting. Sage.

Angry alcoholic with no friends

being my first "real" rum, my word on Pusser's isn't worth too much, but all in all I liked it. It is pretty sweet, but not much more than a brandy, and it leans more to a brown sugar aroma and taste than molasses. there is a bit of a cheap burn when drinking it straight, but on the rocks cuts that all away and then it goes down like water. Unfortunately, a lot of the flavor goes with it instead of opening up so I recommend sipping it neat.

anything else in particular you want ask, let me know.

>flavored whiskey
never ever

I highly recommend it.

Attached: Speyburn.jpg (540x720, 134K)

why is scotch mixed with water?

To mellow it out, to change the flavor and to dilute it. One drop of water will completely change the taste of a good single malt scotch.

I had Dewar's and water at the bar last night. it was free. what could improve it?

Try it neat then try it on the rocks. I would recommend a couple of drops ow water to change up the flavor. You can also add a generous amount of water and bring the abv down to around 20% and the taste will be drastically different.

it had a generous amount of water. the taste was very different indeed, but incredibly smooth.

What are some interesting cocktails?
I usually drink my liquor straight, and go with sours if I'm feeling spontaneous

dewar's is blended, mix it with drambuie and lemon juice and make a rusty nail

Try an old fashioned or if you want to look like a jackass ask for a hardcore.

bourbon Manhattan on the rocks is what I usually order (unless I'm in a dive; I made that mistake once and the result was disgusting with the poor guy even looking up how to make one on his phone)

the peach whiskey is by far the worst liquor purchase i have ever made. it is disgustingly sweet

negroni is a good starting point for more complex drinks

can someone give me a quick rundown on Japanese whisky?

Attached: mj-618_348_bill-murray-suntory-whiskey-tktktktk.jpg (618x348, 65K)

Overpriced meme.

Used to be a good affordable option. Now it's practically doubled in price from exposure

If you are in or ever come to MA try Privateer Rum. Shit is great. Made in Ipswich, I was at the distillery two weeks ago for some work shit

Fuck yes. I'm trying to get everyone I know to love this... the first one they hate, the second one they dislike, the third one they want a fourth

bought some bacardi oakheart because i remember drinking it a few times in college.
DAMN i was a pleb when i was younger, this shit is fucking disgusting and sickeningly sweet

i've only tried this once. iirc it hits very sweet and then gets very dry and bitter. interesting but not sure it's for me.

bump for more rum

Any of you guys ever met someone who considers beers that are even remotely hoppy an IPA? Once offered a friend pic related and he told me "No thanks, I'm not into IPAs.", which is totally fine, but this is a fucking golden ale.

Attached: 2Q==.jpg (150x300, 10K)

home made drinks are the best

Attached: spiral.jpg (640x480, 291K)

My step mom won't drink anything past Michelob ultra light

Dragged my gf up to Waitrose and bought a fuckload of London Porter with her ID. Was gonna get rum but the best they had was diplomatico so...

Any bottles you always keep on hand?

>Old Overholt Rye
>Gordons Gin
>Campari
>Cheap vermouths

>India Pale Lager
American craft brewers were a mistake

Attached: hoponius_union-scaled1000.jpg (1000x662, 240K)

Did you mean to reply to my post?

not really, but your post reminded me of that stupid trend of making hoppy lagers and calling them "IPLs"

Ah, well in any case I agree that's retarded.

>Campari
>Cheap vermouths
Well that's just common sense.

>Cinzano
>Noilly Prat
>Martini & Rossi
>[some other brand]
who should i go to for vermouths?

how's it taste tho?

I got a bottle of Suntory Toki yesterday, tastes like Johnnie Walker Black but with more taste

Good choice, Pusser's is fantastic IMO. I really want to try the 15 year and 150 proof versions.
Currently drinking Pyrat, which is pretty nice for $18

Attached: DSC04796.jpg (720x1080, 285K)

not even honey?

watering it down do anything?
Besides watering down the whiskey itself as well

Start with a Mount Gay XO and El Dorado 12. Then get a Skeldon and Caroni for the price of a house and you'll realize there's no reason to drink any other rum and it'll be the end of your life.

Hey retard. Say thank you to the stupid burger consumers that started getting into rum in the early 00's.

drecon.dk/index.php/17-list-of-rum-measured

Pure garbage, and I'm Italian. Might as well drink Coca Cola.

Bluecoat, tanqueray or tanqueray ten.

Don’t listen to the user that said aviation. That shit is fucking trash. Worst gin I’ve ever had.

what about Aperol?

What whiskey should I use for Whiskey Gingers?

They're all the same shit, it's like asking what the difference between Coke and Pepsi is, they're all crappy sodas for fat fucks and diabetics.
Aperol Spritz is a very famous Aperitivo that sometimes even I drink but as for it's quality... do you really need to ask?

Are there any coffee or chocolate liqueurs worth trying?

Genesee is trash. Natty is king

their unflavored isn't bad for the price. flavored whiskey is an automatic no though

What's the smoothest liquor you guys have drunk neat or on the rocks?

forgive my plebbiness, but Johnnie Walker Black goes down like water to me

Whatever you do, avoid this shit at all costs. It tastes like rubbing alcohol with vanilla extract mixed in

Attached: 101125_the_kraken_rum_1l_3.jpg (1536x1536, 118K)

>Bud Ice

Attached: 1369238683361.jpg (687x740, 129K)

Anyone have good-for-price rye whiskey recommendations? I've only had pic related at $25/750ml and it was tasty as hell

Attached: brbon_wil40.jpg (900x1200, 231K)

Bulleit Rye is pretty good, and I prefer it very much to their mediocre (imo) bourbon

Have a total wine nearby?
Blantons, Hendricks

Bulleit and Mitchers have tasty rye
Woodford and knob creek not as good

I actually prefer Bulleit's bourbon to theur rye. Incredibly solid for the price.

That room looks nice as fuck

Should I buy a moderately expensive of vermouth?

for me, it's the gin and tonic