Welsh cuisine thread

Welsh cuisine thread.

What foods from the wonderful land of Wales do you enjoy anons? We've got

>Welsh cakes, cawl ( spiced lamb and carrot soup), Welsh rarebit (cheese on toast), Bara brith, faggots, lamb, Welsh cheese etc

for me it's cawl, here is recipe to make your own:
>1kg/2lb 3oz neck of lamb (on the bone), preferably Welsh, cut into serving pieces
>2 litres/3 pints 10½fl oz lamb stock
> 225g/8oz potatoes, peeled and chopped
> 225g/8oz onions, peeled and chopped
> 225g/8oz leeks, trimmed and sliced into 1cm/½in slices
>225g/8oz carrots, peeled and chopped
> 225g/8oz swede, peeled and chopped

>Place the lamb into a large pan and pour over the stock. Bring the liquid to the boil, then reduce the heat until it is simmering and continue to simmer for one hour.

>Add the chopped vegetables and continue to cook for a further hour. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside to cool overnight.

>When you are ready to serve the stew, return the mixture to the boil and continue to boil for 15 minutes, or until completely heated through.

>To serve, divide the cawl equally among four to six serving plates. Serve with crusty bread and Welsh cheese.

Attached: wales.png (1200x720, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OPUdZAIOqJs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is delicious.

Attached: WNS_Welsh_Cheese_01.jpg (3862x2575, 1.06M)

Bro they have a place by me that makes Oggies it's the cats titis my man

fucking nice, haven't had one in a while, going to fix that tomorrow

the patrician choice, Caerphilly cheese is also great

I own two Pembroke welsh corgis, but I'm unsure how to cook them.

Attached: Welsh Corgi.jpg (2048x1154, 274K)

How are faggots? What do they go good with?

onion gravy my man. Faggots are absolutely delicious

>Commonly, the faggot consists of minced pork liver and heart, wrapped in bacon, with onion and breadcrumbs. Often, the faggot is cooked in a crock with gravy and served with peas and mashed potato. The mixture is shaped by hand into small balls, wrapped with caul fat (the omentum membrane from the pig's abdomen), and baked. Faggots may also be made with beef

Oh, when I started reading the thread I expected this to go in an entirely different way

Finally, I can eat seaweed without being called a weeb

The name makes yanks poke fun, but you should try making your own faggots, they are easy and fucking delicious.

Here is a recipe:

>little oil, for the tin
>170g pack sage & onion stuffing mix (we used Paxo)
>500g pack diced pork shoulder
>300g pig liver (can also use pork heart)
>½ tsp ground mace

For the gravy

>2 onions
>Onion, thinly sliced
>1 tbsp sunflower oil
>Sunflower oil

>2 tsp sugar
>1 tbsp red wine vinegar
>3 tbsp plain flour
>850ml beef stock
>handful chopped parsley

>Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Lightly oil a very large roasting tin. Tip the stuffing mix into a large bowl, add 500ml boiling water, stir and set aside.

>Pulse the pork in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the liver and pulse again. Add to the stuffing with the mace, 1 tsp salt and plenty of black pepper. Stir well. Shape the mixture (it will be very soft) into 24 large faggots and put in the prepared tin.

>To make the gravy, fry the onions in the oil until starting to turn golden. Add the sugar and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until caramelised. Tip in the vinegar and allow to sizzle. Mix the flour with a couple of tbsp water. Pour the stock into the onions, then add the flour paste and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and starting to thicken. When it is thick, pour into the tin with the faggots, cover with foil and bake for 1 hr until cooked through. Serve sprinkled with parsley, with mash and a veg, if you like.

mash and veg, to serve (optional)

What a cute puppy. I want!

OP, can you hit me with your best recipe for the Bara Brith? I had it when visiting, but as an American, I'm boggled by "mixed spice" and how that might be made...assuming it is like pumpkin pie or apple pie spice blend, a nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, mace kind of thing, or is it?
Also "mixed fruit" or "mixed luxury fruit" is what? That's a candied orange, candied lemon, candied cherry thing we use in our fruitcakes, or is it raisins, currants, dried cherries?

Also, could you explain the pros and cons to the yeast vs no yeast methods?

The spoons in the little town I lived in had some pretty great faggots, but also some homemade sausages and mash which was motherfucking delicious, like they put onion, leak and peppers in the sausage and in the mash, and also some top-tier garden peas and gravy with grilled onions.

>welsh culture

lmao sheep shaggers

bit rude

youtube.com/watch?v=OPUdZAIOqJs

sounds delicious

Theres a stunning deli down the Mumbles which sells a Perl Las from the gods

what's it called, lad?

p o w e r f u l welsh cheddar

The English can't handle the powerful and BASED Welsh cheddar

was visiting wales a few months ago and can confirm that welsh cakes are delicious

Please post pictures with your recipes. Saves having to Google them

Faggots are gutter food though bud.

Welsh Cheddar? Isn't that like Swedish Beef? I thought wales was for sheep fuckers, not cow fuckers.

Rarebit sounds like a paupers version of an open faced minced ham and cheese

Attached: 1521433777082.png (1615x668, 391K)

We'll fuck anything even the fat slags we call women over here.

Didn't the English just win the six nations

No Ireland did, England didn't do too well.

Wales came second to Ireland, England fucked up

diversity is our strength

>Caerphilly cheese

came here to mention this

even though i grew up in Gloucestershire, not far from Wales, I've hardly been across the border. Interested to hear more welsh foods for sure

My ancestry is Breton but thats basically just Welsh people stuck in France so I like this thread.

>welsh "cuisine" thread
I live there and literally the only thing anyone eats is a takeaway or some kind of mixture of microwaved/boiled veg with some plastic meat and potatoes

For me, it's coal. The best Welsh specialty.

Attached: COALED.jpg (920x720, 256K)

Olives and Oils, opposite the Tesco next to the wine merchant

Lies

>a extraordinary

Dark as fuck.

"There were seven spoil tips on the slopes above Aberfan; tip seven—the one that slipped onto the village—was begun in 1958 and, at the time of the disaster, was 111 feet (34 m) high. In contravention of the NCB's official procedures, the tip was partly based on ground from which water springs emerged. After three weeks of heavy rain the tip was saturated and approximately 140,000 cubic yards (110,000 m3) of spoil slipped down the side of the hill and onto the Pantglas area of the village. The main building hit was Pantglas Junior School, where lessons had just begun; 5 teachers and 109 children were killed in the school."

Who hurt you user?

Attached: 1519876575324.png (750x996, 947K)