What the hell is up with GrubHub's delivery fees?

What the hell is up with GrubHub's delivery fees?

Attached: price.png (2942x1586, 930K)

Pay it you lazy fuck. If you don't want to go get your food yourself, pay the toll

Why would anyone pay that much for delivery?

What's up with lazy people and takeaway?

The reason the fee is higher is because it’s a second party company that provides delivery from restaurants that don’t really offer delivery service. The driver needs to make something as well as grubhub. It’s stupid, but people are lazy and the restaurants on average will have better food than restaurants that offer delivery.

but so many places deliver good food at normal prices

I'm finding it harder to be concerned about the collapse of society, I'm fairly convinced we have it coming

Don’t look at me, I wouldn’t even go to a restaurant and pay enough to buy enough food for a 4 person dinner just for one meal, let alone pay enough to make myself a nice steak dinner just for delivery. But some people are lazy and stupid, and you know most of the people who use this service are the ones complaining they can’t survive on minimum wage.

it's how they pay their bills, like such as leases for office space and utilities, advertising, payroll, etc.
it's pretty complicated, don't worry about it

I have seen delivery fees on Grub change some, never 7-8 bucks though. They might have surge pricing.

>not using Postmates

flyover mouthbreather detected

>What the hell is up with GrubHub's delivery fees?
It seems reasonable to me...someone is picking up that food for you, then delivering it. It's like two deliveries! Two jobs. It's a deal really.

I have no issue paying for a convenience. If I'm tied to a desk at work, and getting out and about while I'm trying to make a 6PM Fedex pickup deadline...well...I can't leave. My time is too valuable. If I am at home and I have to watch kids at a pool party all screaming and yelling and jumping in and out of the water, and I'm a lifeguard, would I consider it worth a few bucks not to have everyone get out of the pool, get dressed, and mind me while I ran to pick up food? nope. What if I'm home with the flu or recuperating from a procedure and loopy on opiate painkillers and probably shouldn't even be driving but I'm jonesing for homemade soup and stuff. Fine, deliver that.

These are acceptable reasons not to get it yourself. If adding that much seems a problem to you, then maybe you don't pay for your own car insurance and don't have an umbrella policy for liability. I know my real cost of car ownership and gas and aggravation is high enough that I'd rather that dude in the prius bring me my food or drive me around in an Uber at some times of the day.

>It seems reasonable to me
Have you literally never ordered delivery before?
It is unreasonable is because so many other delivery options are so significantly cheaper, not because if the absolute cost of it

But like he said, the driver has to drive to the restaurant and then deliver the food. It is like two deliveries. The people who do this usually drive Uber as well, so they don’t wait around at the restaurant like normal delivery drivers, and most of these places that use services like this don’t have their own delivery drivers. Your argument is like saying “why would anyone buy this car when they can get that car for less.” They do it because they want it.

They’re trying to go out of business as fast as possible

>The people who do this usually drive Uber as well

Then use uber eats...

I said the drivers, not the people who order. Also, the restaurant chooses which companies they partner with. How stupid are you?

Its just weird unless you want a super specific food that isn't available otherwise, the vast majority of food types can be had delivered for significantly lower fees

Not every restaurant serves the same quality of food even if they offer the same menu options.

sure, but I have surely not noticed a higher quality at fucking grubhub affiliated places. The whole point is these prices are way out of line with other similar tier food from other services

People will pay it until someone does it for less. That's how it works. Welcome to paying for anything.

I agree. I don’t use the service. I rarely eat out unless I’m out of town, and even then I will usually walk to a restaurant. I hate delivery. But most people are stupid and frivolous.

Honestly I miss the old days when it was $10-15 minimum and a $2 delivery fee and they had their own delivery drivers. I understand I'm getting it from the pizza or chinese or thai place that has their own delivery drivers and it's going straight to me. Now every hole in the wall uses GrubHub and you're spending double for shit sitting in some dude's car for a half hour while he drops people off on another app.

>Using a SJW/Feminist company

Attached: sub-buzz-3633-1519753092-6.png.jpg (688x689, 60K)

someone does do it for less, literally everyone else does it for less

Not everywhere that GrubHub delivers from does their own delivery. This is pretty basic shit, I shouldn't have to tell you this.

GrubHub has actually been awesome lately in my area - they dropped most delivery fees to $0. I was taking advantage of it every night. I find that the farther the place, the higher the fee. BiteSquad is the one that's fucked up. They tell you that the delivery fee to your place is like $2, but then charge you for a "small food delivery," but don't show it until you hit checkout.

Anyways, GrubHub/UberEats/whatever is a hell of a lot cheaper than a DUI. I drink too much.

I never heard of Grubhub until I stayed a late night with a coworker and we got hungry.
That shit's expensive, man.
Considering how fucking long it took the driver to get here (an hour), if it weren't for the fact that we needed to ship something "literally tomorrow" I would have just driven out and gotten takeout.

eatstreet, and eat24 both have similar services with less absurd fees, even ubereats is more reasonable

>So many places deliver good food
Chinese
Pizza