Why England, why?

why England, why?

Attached: eels.jpg (640x640, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwcF6ea2PMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1KsljBj3UEI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why make the exact same thread that has been made dozens of times before? At least come up with something new.

Have you even tried it?

Have you ever had them?

Preservation.

I'm guessing jelied eel is associated with sailors. It's food that keeps on a voyage.

He's braindead like most memers.

I don't see how it's much different from canned fish except it's probably way fresher tasting.

>Bongbros
What kind of condiments/side dishes go well with jellied eels?

Attached: 1495557549442.jpg (640x480, 34K)

They either a snack with bread or a side for pie and mash but noone really eats them

Chilli vinegar And white pepper is what I eat them with but sometimes I use lee and perrings
I understand they are not for everyone and they can be quite pricey but I grew up eating them so I get a hankering for them once in a while

Aspik isn't for preversation tho, it's for taste

Nothing to do with sailors or preservation.
Why do you make shit up?

I love aspic but this stuff make me queezy

Ew. Please don't.

>I grew up eating them

Are you 90 years old?

Amerifat here but I would go with horseradish and maybe mustard.

>London, why?

Fixed

I've literally never seen eels served anywhere where I live, and never known a single person who has ate one

27 from Bermondsey we had a fish stall outside our school that used to sell fresh fish so my mum would give me money on a Friday to bring something home for dinner the eels were a snack I’d get with the change or I’d get winkles,cockles crab sticks depending on how much change was left

I have never seen them irl and have only ever seen them talked about on the internet

Why not?

It's good if it's fresh. I'm also not British

Also my dad was a paddy and used to tell me stories of bobbing for eels in the canals around Galway. I suppose once the rivers,canals and culture got more enriched we all swapped to chicken and chips and kebabs

Aspic is absolutely for preservation, in its original form. Imagine a jar full of meat in aspic. The top layer might go off, but underneath that is essentially airless thanks to the aspic. Scrape off the bad stuff, eat the stuff that's not-so-bad. It's not perfect, now, but you do get more life out of your food.

Certainly, these days, we don't worry about the preservation side of things, so it's more about presentation and taste.

So what does Noone eat with them?

Attached: tumblr_npkw3lOU5M1s5m21go1_400.gif (268x320, 1.98M)

>why preserve your local seafood to eat throughout the week?

because EELS
youtube.com/watch?v=HwcF6ea2PMQ

on sourdough bread, squish of fresh lemon

>Bermondsey

youtube.com/watch?v=1KsljBj3UEI

gordon ramsay likes them