How do i get into cooking?

How do i get into cooking?

Attached: 1519988526320.gif (480x270, 1.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stop watching animay

but a pan, get a plan, cook that chicken with your hand

youtube.com/watch?v=rGrqW3nx5HM

what do you like to eat? cook stuff you enjoy eating and it makes extra delicious because you made it. eventually you will more adventurous and better and most importantly broaden your palate. cooking is a wonderful hobby.

Attached: 1521184875887.jpg (500x500, 11K)

now where mah hoawt sauwce, i dun want no keatschup, just one big juicy ********

No!
The last time i try baking a cake, i got a piece of raw dough.
I will try cooking fish next because that seem easier.

Attached: 1516470344628.gif (263x368, 217K)

baking is very nice, try small stuff first like cup cakes.

Start with something easy like pasta. You literally throw it in water and wait. Then from there you can start to explore what you actually enjoy in a pasta and stop using jarred sauce.

Beyond that, you can start branching out into meats- what meats are good in a sauce. What does a meat taste like on its own, what does it add to a mixture (like a sauce). Compare your results and see what you like best and most importantly figure out WHY you like or don't like something.

If you dislike it, can you mask it? If you like it, can it be complimented with other flavors? Just be experimental with food and don't be afraid to fuck up.

Sometimes something sounded like a great idea, like putting barbeque sauce on a meatloaf, but if you add cheese to that mess you're literally going to vomit.

TL;DR - Try new shit, learn how things taste, learn why you like things and how you like them. Then try to replicate it and experiment in your own kitchen.

can you even fry an egg, kohai?

Thanks, i guess i should start with cheap ingredients first in case i fucked shits up?
I can make instant noodle with egg and minced meat perfectly but i don't think that count as cooking these days.

Attached: 1503622964572.jpg (1579x4096, 1.04M)

baby steps is good, but if you fuck it up who cares unless you are in 3rd world country or too poor to buy more food.

what about if your husband beats you for cooking the eggs wrong?

You gay friend beat you up user?

If you don't wanna waste money, don't cook for anyone but yourself. This is the hardest part, honestly, because you trade off convenience/make a pain in the ass for yourself and possibly a botched meal.

I'd say just start slow. Like I said, make pasta, make your own sauce. Make a dish from prepared goods until you can slowly phase out all of them.

A pasta dish is a great and easy start because it's pretty tough to fuck up.

Pasta comes packaged but you can make it at home with a pasta mill or even without one. Pasta sauce comes jarred but can be made with canned raw tomatoes. And then from there, can also be made with raw tomatoes and processed by hand. Then you add meat; What kind of meat? Meatballs? Bracciole? Sausage? You can get those pre-packed, as well, but making meatballs is easy as hell. Making a sausage is definitely a challenge but not impossible. I'd put making a bracciole on-par with sausage making, though Sausage requires a lot more equipment.

Just work at one dish until you can make the whole thing from scratch, and it'll give you a wide breadth of kitchen experience you can take into any dish.

My recommendations are just;
Spaghetti + Memeballs
Cinnamon Buns (Or just fresh bread If you have confidence)
Stew

Each of these has mass market, easily available 'prepared' versions and components, so focus on stripping them down, one by one. Keep in mind this is the BASICS of cooking. Easy stuff that's relatively hard to mess up unless you ignore it and burn it.

check out pic related. This helped me when I didn't know wtf I was doing, new revised edition is supposed to be good from what I hear.

Attached: 516q6rmuqCL.jpg (441x500, 57K)

Yeah also cookbooks are good.

>tfw you can never leave nam behind you
Lots of cayenne.

japanfoodaddict.com has some easy recipes that compliment anime very well.

Everything I cook tastes bad because I never have the right ingredients so I just throw in what I have

Watch the right anime.

Attached: Erina_Nakiri_anime.png (1363x766, 972K)

Take your own advice

Attached: 1520520999445.jpg (396x396, 23K)