What kind of tea does Veeky Forums like?

What kind of tea does Veeky Forums like?

I'm getting tired of cheap green tea and want to move up in the world.

Attached: 1512215832252.png (546x630, 652K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
amazon.com/dp/B00BD1O00G/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(drink)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh shit that was NOT the image I meant to post.

Attached: 1511723808552.gif (540x603, 188K)

Coffee > Tea

Still Water > Sparkling Water > Tea > Diluted Juices > Undiluted Juices > Coffee > * > Soda

Go on.
Oolong for me.

What IS the image you wanted to post lewd user?

I can't help you user, I have pleb taste.

With plenty of lemon and sugar.

Attached: lyleecadx100-droite.jpg (2184x1566, 437K)

gween tea

Fortunately, it happens to be exactly the image I wanted you to post.
As for tea, I like blends with aromatic spices added: cinnamon, cloves and orange peel are the classics.

Attached: 881314516025.jpg (280x280, 15K)

Why do you keep tea-related pictures in your "christmass anime girls" folder?

Also, I usually just go for any decent type of Earl Grey.

Ditch the tea bags and go for loose leaf tea if you want to move up a tier. Try a sampler pack to get familiar with that you like.

My grandma sent me some Pu'er bricks from around her hometown.
I love that shit.

Attached: Chinese-puer-tea-250g-silmming-shu-pu-erh-brick-tea-for-wight-loss-yunnan.jpg (742x548, 848K)

Loose leaf Yorkshire Gold every day.

houjicha

Veeky Forums-ck.wikia.com/wiki/Tea

Attached: 55EC3146-1EBA-43E4-BC63-04D1E408A98F.png (281x262, 128K)

i like jasmine tea

Such a satisfying shape.

One of the reasons I liked buying hash in bulk was for this kind of shape and texture. Something nice about a compressed brick of anything.

sencha and pu er

golden needles/golden buds

I like darjeeling and longjing tea mostly.

buy some quality oolong tea, user. Ti guanyin is fan-fucking tastic

Attached: 30minutesinmspaint.png (480x480, 7K)

Only the finest gyokuro yamashiro

This. I didn't know how bad bagged tea was until I tried loose leaf Italian Chamomille.

I like orange pekoe, but that may be because I grew up with it and there would always be a pot on when I came home from school

Then buy more expensive green tea.

Fun fact: orange pekoe is just a tea grading.

Red diamond sweet tea

Did not know that.

I don't know what the hell im buying then

Peppermint Tea, Earl Grey, Lemon Ginger, Green Tea with Jasmine.

Attached: Bystander.png (653x165, 6K)

This stuff is awesome.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 12.59.15 AM.png (930x770, 913K)

Russian Earl Grey

Lapsang souchong

Go walk into a store where they sell tea blends, sniff around some and try some shit out.

It's all good. Avoid matcha from china because there's too much lead in it if you're eating the whole leaf. Leaded gasoline wasn't phased out there until the 00s.

I just put my balls in OP's glasses of water. Makes for a great teabag.

Attached: 667.gif (150x148, 996K)

I went to a store that had tons of tea and was too embarrassed to ask for advice and ended up getting
Assam gold leaf summer harvest because I didn't want some weird blended stuff. Pretty good shit compared to your average teabag, would buy again.

Sri-Lankan locals told me once when I visited their tea factory that brits bought out their best black tea for centuries ahead and so that rest of the world receives junk - even locals themselves
is it true
can any bong confirm this rumour
and if yes how do we expropriate the stocks from perfidious anglo

Attached: anglos.png (247x401, 8K)

it's nonsense
they've been sending the west basically pencil shavings for centuries and laughing at us.

Sri Lanka is too hot to grow good tea

blimey
something tells me you are anglos...
anyway, if you are anglos you surely should know where to get good tea

As long as I don't need to sleep for the next six or seven hours.

Attached: tea.jpg (2266x1274, 806K)

I'm Malaysian Chinese

I buy Taiwanese tea

Sri Lankan didn't even grow tea until England invaded and planted a bunch of tea plants. The Sri Lankan tea industry is oriented towards bulk production for Lipton and Tetley brand junk tea

These are are ones I bought in my favourite tea shop today, I never miss checking that out when I'm on vacation here. From left to right:
* Hemp leaves. Lots of vitamin C, tastes really earthy.
* Fruit tea mixture with apples, cranberries and raspberries
* Rooibos with apple blossoms
* Mithi Chai with fennel, anis, pepper and ginger

I'll probably check back a day before I go back home.

Attached: IMG_20180321_161615594.jpg (3264x1836, 2.18M)

tea a shit

you're a shit

Jasmine

Attached: 20171226_160849.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

Osmanthus oolong

A pot of this every morning.

Attached: east-frisian-small-tin_medium_52f340d2-898c-4394-bc1a-2f9c1c4f4257_grande.jpg (210x240, 8K)

you too

Anglos know nothing about good tea anymore. They just drink bagged dust and add milk and sugar to it.

how do I find a good tea then senpai... I don't care where it comes from, even elontown hydroponics on olympus mons will do

Attached: lu_sk_wine.gif (350x207, 516K)

What are you interested in, dudester? You really can't go wrong ordering anything from Yuuki-cha. Upton has a good selection of Indian tea, if that's more what you're into.

What are some good low/no caffeine teas? I want to drink more but I don't like caffeine

Roasting destroys caffeine, so get yourself some hojicha and kyobancha. Perfect for any time of the day.

I'll unwrap my present now!

cofwea

Drinking some of this from my local tea shop rn, Earl Grey tea with blue bergamot flowers and vanilla

Attached: earl_grey_creme_tea.png (500x500, 97K)

yorkshire

Attached: 1521665066936.jpg (640x451, 72K)

Attached: tea.jpg (2560x1920, 1.41M)

Teapot: pic related
amazon.com/dp/B00BD1O00G/
Order from What-cha or some other good site. Upton's has pretty decent cheaper teas. What-cha's mystery pack is good if you're overwhelmed by choice. I use Den's Tea for houjigenmaicha (roasted tea with toasted brown rice) and Japanese green teas, and Den's has a good newbie sampler. ~$10 per 50g of loose tea isn't too bad. I get 2-3 steeps out of a 10g serving, which comes out to ~$2 per ~1.3L which is a good day's worth of drink.

Attached: 81EJUrlj3pL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1119, 213K)

Most bagged green tea is Chinese style, pan fried. It's not necessarily bad, but the heat destroys a lot of the flavor in it.
Get some Japanese Sencha, it's steamed instead. Brew it with water about 80 Celsius - if you don't have a variable temp pot, microwave water in a clear glass until you see bubbles about 2mm in size forming on the sides of the glass.
The flavors you will taste in the tea will astound you. Sometimes I could swear that somebody snuck sugar into my tea.

Ordered that exact teapot, an electric kettle, and a vahdam sampler last night.
Feels weird to be excited about tea but I don't mind.

this dude knows what he is talking about.

that is the patrician tea pot, perfect size, cheap price point, well made.

i got the exact same thing right in front of me as I type.

I like peppermint tea and mint medley, which is peppermint + spearmint.

Mate, with chamomile or sweetleaf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(drink)

I dunno mane, just want good old black tea without any additions

I like Celestial lemon zinger and mint for ice tea, haven't really experimented with loose leaves past some sassafrass, which was nostalgic since I used to collect it in the woods as a kid.

my negro, yorkshire tea is GOAT

MAKI!

I tried my first ripe pu-erh tea today. It unironically smells like piss and earth. Tastes earthy. Wouldn't be surprised if some Chink pissed on the tea before selling it to Westerners. I hope the raw one I got is better.

Hojicha is a nice easy tea you can drink with most any meal. Not too many perfumes, none of that fruity bs, just a subtly savory flavor.

how do i make chamomile tea not taste like boiled garden weeds?

Attached: 1508814591625.jpg (404x404, 20K)

I like black tea, sweet tea and that shit.

Attached: 2fde7ee7f79f0ebd13e7fa97539026da.jpg (973x950, 323K)

Darjeeling is delicious, no milk or sugar necessary. Your local tea shop should have it, or shop online at Upton.

GWEEN
TEA

git out, there is only room for one hot drink loli itt

Attached: gween tee.jpg (1024x999, 45K)

don't use boiling water, use 185 (let it boil, remove from heat, sing happy birthday twice)
don't oversteep it

I'm thinking of stopping by my local tea shop tomorrow and getting something Jap. Is any of this good? They seem to also have a version of Matcha that's about 3 times cheaper.

Attached: jap tea.png (775x831, 503K)

Fukamushi will require a mesh strainer, it's very fine. It produces a very dark green cup of tea.
Kukicha is made from tea twigs and stems and is roasted, so if you like that sort of flavour it would be good. It's very low in caffeine.
Gyokuro is a premium tea that's shade-grown and can be fussy to prepare. Not recommended for beginners.
Genmaicha is the tea they serve at Japanese restaurants, it's usually a mixture of lower grade sencha and toasted brown rice. The white stuff is popped rice. Goes good with food.
Green kukicha is made from tea twigs and stems and is unroasted. Low in caffeine and typically a milder flavour than sencha.
Sencha is the most popular tea in Japan and has lots of different variants and grades.
The cheap matcha is really only good for cooking and baking applications. Expensive matcha produces either koicha (thick) or usucha (thin) matcha. You will need an appropriate matcha whisk to make either.

I bought some "green tea" but it tastes nothing like what I remember green tea tasting like, it's fairly yellowish. I remember having green tea where the water was slightly green.

The leaves are green so I don't think it's black tea, I'm just so confused.

Some green tea produces a yellowish liquid, that's completely normal.

But it tastes totally different, much more bitter.

Are there different varieties? How do I tell them apart?

>much more bitter
Did you brew it correctly? Water that's too hot causes bitterness. There are many, many different types of green tea. Any idea what you had?

hibiscus tea (really fruity) or peppermint tea

Get real Chinese tea. Expensive, but really good. My whole world opened up after that

You're probably used to it being sweetened. Normally green tea is slightly bitter and quite savory.

I like chai and Irish breakfast tea

when green tea looks yellow it's often brewed at too high a temperature or too long. generally never brew green tea above 80C and for longer than a minute or so

where can I get more?

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 7.48.35 PM.png (1730x1602, 1.75M)

Use IQDB.

thanks

Attached: 1408956278703.gif (400x340, 1.99M)

I didn't know that until recently. I always had 212° water. Probably why I never cared for green tea.

I have so many different teas that I am running out of room to store them all.

How can I get a Veeky Forums GOLD Accountâ„¢?

>all these fuckin plebs
Boy you just wandered into my zone. If you want some stuff to drink all year round, go to buy from somewhere with a good stock of chinese tea. I like yunnan sourcing for that low price mid tier tea, but there are literally shitloads of vendors.
If you have no idea what you like, get some samples. whatcha has a good sampler pack. Once you have a good idea of what you are interested in, double down and get to know that tea inside and out.
And for the love of god, stop drinking bagged tea dust as your main.

Attached: 1520184772882.png (1024x768, 545K)

With chinese teas, you need to brew these gong fu style. Look it up, there are tons of guides. Go for 1gram to 10-15 ml. preferably 10ml. Try your teas at different temperatures. Some of my teas are bitter dishwater when I brew at about 90+c, but drop that down to 80 and it changes to this great, floral peach flavor. White and purple teas i find are most sensitive to heat, but even blacks can change too. I never brew a black tea at boiling unless I am in the mood for milk and sugar in it.
Oolongs are a huge beast. They have a spectrum of charcoal processing from black to green. Try them all. Get some green tie guan yin and heavily roasted tie guan yin. Wu yi oolongs are insane and can taste from mineraly sweet to spiced cinnamon like.
Chinese greens all taste like roasted nuts, i dont get them often.
Pu'erh is insane. I have tried tons and still dont have a good grasp of it. Aged and young. Raw and ripe. The flavor ranges from musty fishy basement to dark sweet dew. Im nit qualified to speak on this, you need lots of teas and time.

Forget all the chinese brewing parameters for Japanese greens. It is extremely finicky to get the most delicate ones right, but so rewarding.
Sencha is way cheaper so start with that. Buy a japanese teapot with a good mesh strainer. The tea processing method for sencha leaves it finer and more prone to clogging Chinese pots. This is especially the case for heavier steamed sencha and gyokuro. This shut is expensive. Skimping on Japanese tea is usually always far less quality. So the pot and tea will set you back but its all worth it.
You need to brew this in a manner similar to western style. 3-5 minutes, no more than 85c. The higher temps ruin it. Getting the ratio of water to tea is finicky, but 1g to 20ml isnt a horrible starting point. You need quite a bit, dont go stingey. Once you perfect it, this weeb tea is the nectar of the gods. The clean fresh flavor of spring condensed in a pot.
Matcha requires actual skill to make, so if you are reading this you are already proving to be too stupid to figure it out. Im awful at it. Dont waste your money on cheap matcha, its revolting. Poorly prepared cheap shitty culinary matcha is like drinking a room temperature 3 day old cup of black coffee.

If your chamomile isnt sweet and honey like, you need better chamomile

Nip style is more like 1g per 9-10ml of teapot capacity. I prefer it all around as a middle of the road compared to western and gong fu in terms of amount of tea used and steep time.