/oats/

Anyone else here an oatmeal fan? I love how it's such a simple yet personable meal. How do you like to make it?

Attached: oatmeal.jpg (1200x900, 249K)

In cookies boi

Oatmeal+milk+peanut butter was pretty much 80% of my food intake through uni.

I can't eat it anymore. Reminds me of the worst times.

Oatmeal with almond milk topped with berries (blueberries, strawberries are my go to but virtually anything works), banana, a spoonful of greek yoghurt and some crushed almonds. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and serve with a mug of black coffee for a fucking awesome breakfast.

Have had oatmeal everyday for breakfast for months now.
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup water (sometimes 1/2c soy milk 1/2 water, I feel it takes longer this way)
Sliced banana and some berries if I got em
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Maybe some natural pb, depends how hungry I am.

I usually cook it in the microwave, anyone have tips on controlling boil over?
Also, cooking in water topping with milk VS cooking in milk?

Rolled oats every morning with peanut butter is my breakfast. I suspect I'll be going the way of this soon

personable?

/thread

I usually do 2 minutes, besides that you can use a berry bowl (just a deeper bowl) with those measurements and you should be fine unless your micro has the power of 1000 suns

Pretty much just like how you have it in that photo. Except I rarely have almonds or coconut. Banana slices, a little cinnamon, and honey, with blueberries or strawberries is really fucking good.

This is also very nice.

Oats + butter + salt

how can i make alternate meat with oats? i hear its pretty good

Very customizable.

>put bowl on scale
>put oats in bowl til 50g
>put milk in bowl til 200g (210 if I'm feeling devilish)
>shake it around a bit
>microwave for 90s
I'm a basic bitch.

I like it thicker than most people. Just enough water to make it a moist, thick paste. I add a cut up banana and half a cup of blackberries for flavor. Breakfast of champions.

Oatmeal? ARE YOU CRAZY?!

I don't have time or the the stomach capacity to make enough oatmeal to fuel me till lunch. Instead I grate 2 apples into a bowl, dump 120-150g oats in there. Pour 400-500ml of milk over it and chow down.

1 1/2 cup water, add one cup oats, cook off water, add tablespoon or two of milk, add cinnamon, chopped nuts, blueberries and bananas. Breakfast perfection.

Do you add pumpkin spice to your oatmeal too?

Makes me fart like a motherfucker

Reminder if you're not adding protein rich nuts to your oatmeal you're fucking up and you need to re-think your life

That sounds incredibly gay.

Which nuts don't have protein?

They all have protein but some have more than others. At 6g per serving, almonds and peanuts top the list. Bitch nuts like pecans have the least protein and the most fat.

My favorite way to make oats is to cook them in half milk, half stock, so they're just covered, to make really thick oatmeal, top with poached egg. Add some hotsauce if you're so inclined.

Fuck your post, but nice digits.

>per serving
what does that mean?

A serving is much you can eat in one sitting without vomiting

*how much

What are you, a horse ? Dont eat oats. U wouldnt eat a bowl of wheat would you ?

Per 1-ounce serving. Not a portion size. Sorry should have clarified that.

Anyone here tried savoury oatmeal? I'm looking to change up my breakfast routine and the idea of adding savoury ingredients to oatmeal both repulses and intrigues me.

Attached: Savory-Oatmeal-1.jpg (680x1020, 255K)

equal parts oats and whey in milk, soaked overnight, usually with peanut butter or cinnamon/ginger and a diced apple. damn that shit is good.

>tfw i used a mason jar just like the mommybloggers

>Doctor Johnson proposed to define the word ‘oats’ thus: ‘A grain which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.’ And I replied: ‘Aye, and that’s why England has such fine horses, and Scotland such fine people.’

I like mine thick with brown sugar and raisins.

that is to say, ~1 cup of oats, ~1-1.5 cup (now I think about it) of whey/milk mixture.

With either banana, apple, pear, cinnamon and peanut butter.

this user knows

knows what?

I made curried oats recently and it was fucking delicious.
Don't know why I haven't done it again yet but I definitely will, and I might even add some raisins next time.

>boil 2 cups water to 1 cup oats with a slice of butter and a dash of salt
>after cooked, add cinnamon and pineapple chunks or honey

How do you make it good?
I can't stand the texture but I hate disliking food.

>eating literal horse feed

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.

Attached: 500x375_symlink_mredsurfing_0[1].gif (500x375, 77K)

>implying there's anything wrong with that
Horses are cooler than you are.

>horses are cooler than you are

What if I told you that I was a unicorn? And that I only consume my grains fermented?