ITT Meme/overrated drinks

ITT Meme/overrated drinks

Attached: nikka-from-the-barrel-japanese-whisky-web-1.jpg (2336x2654, 365K)

whiskey in general is overrated

>expensive
>tastes like shit
>oh yeah I really like the burning sensation

Anything that's japanese and artisan is overpriced shit for baka gaijin.

Attached: jiro.jpg (400x234, 55K)

This

If you dont want to drink overpriced piss then buy scotch. Nip whiskeys are for weeaboos and people who enjoy sugar in their coffee

>t. nu-male soyboy
But really, if you're drinking something that's not bottom shelf, whiskey can actually be really good.

Attached: Mosnter.jpg (97x201, 5K)

1. true, but so is gf
2. no
3. yes

>Johnnie Walker Green Label
>Dalwhinnie 15
>Glenfarclas 15
Which one should I open next?

>soyboy

alchohol genuinely increases your oestrogen levels and gives you gyno

>being poor
>only if you drink jack daniels, red label or another bottom shelf shit
>lol no

>he spends money on "good" whiskey to fuel his placebo
Okay lad

Guinness.

I'm a paddy, I enjoy the occasional Guinness but my countrymen are memeing when they say it's amazing.

>Southern Comfort
tastes like shitty whisky with sugar in it
>Gin and tonic
Is fine but the ration should be 1:1
>malibu
should have died in the 80s when we started taking alcohol seriously again
>aperol spritz
tastes shitty, is weak as fuck and only twats order it

This.
I'm literally drinking whiskey right now.
I always drink whiskey because it gets me pissed and it tastes nice with coke.
But FUCK ME I hate whiskey snobs so fucking much... none of it tastes any different unless you get a smokey or cherry flavour or something.
I've tried £10 and £200 a bottle whiskey and I honestly cannot tell the difference at all.
Whiskey is a meme.
Drink it to get drunk... don't get all high and mighty because you had to remortgage your house to get a bottle of some absolute piss you could have got for the price of a takeaway pizza.

Those are not even remotely bottom shelf.

This is correct.The only thing anyone should be giving the nips is this.

Attached: nuke.webm (600x338, 2.89M)

Instant gag when I see this shit irl
This and McCormick whiskey
Basically rubbing alcohol, but not as horrible as Everclear.

Attached: McCormick-Vodka_1.0 l-2.png (1000x1000, 101K)

wtf, I've been having 1/2 a shot of this a day for weeks and I've yet to develop super healing powers

Attached: Apple-Cider-Vinegar.png (720x707, 819K)

Guinness is a texture drink, it has some of the structure of a porter but it's just kind of neutral from start to finish, which is nice in its own way

>aperol spritz
have you ever had a well prepared one with quality prosecco?
Campari is better btw

Take a load of this overpriced meme

Attached: Scho-Ka-Kola_Zartbitter_100g_innen.jpg (1280x934, 158K)

die

Many Non-Germans buy it because of its association with German soldiers, thus the overpricing.

>The Bart, the
Found the angry /sip/ shilling loser

Attached: 1497208636451.jpg (960x720, 151K)

Yes and yes Campari is better in every way

Is there anything Drumpfkins don't ruin?

>weight is 50% chocolate
>50% metal
>2.99 per 100g

Next time you ever think of buying a £200 bottle, instead buy one each £15, a £35, a £50 and a £100 bottles. Then grab a glass line them up, and have a little tasting. Actually try to appreciate it neat, because if you're mixing it really doesn't matter how good it is. I imagine you'll find a favorite of the bunch

Coffee

I'm gonna need to see a source on that bullshit, champ

>I really like the burning sensation
There is nothing wrong with adding some water to your whiskey, like 2 parts whiskey 1 part water. A great many lovers of whiskey drink it that way.

I ate a whole can of that in one sitting and I didnt notice any effect at all.

soy

>great taste
>gives you loads of energy
>chicks dig guys who drink it
>reasonably priced
>overrated
Don't make me laugh.

yes boy, they are
extremely low quality stuff that smells and taste like alcohol

anything from monster kikes
i see im not the only one

/pol/ doesn't need sources to rattle off soyboy at everything even though they're grossly misinformed about how much estrogen is in a majority of foods you consume regularly.

if you don't want to be a "soyboy" you would have to live of a limited amount of salad, citrus and oats, funny thing is that would make you vegetarian and label you as a soyboy.

From the barrel is great, I dunno how much overrating is going on... I tasted it blind without hearing about it before and was immediately impressed.

I unironically love rum and especially white rum. There has to be something better than this right?

Attached: 326187011_0_640x640[1].jpg (640x640, 29K)

>>Chicks dig guys who drink it
They really don't.

>Babby's first 'stop being poor' meme.

Jack is actually pretty pricey compared to other brands, if you'd even decided to put minimal effort into this. It's still gasoline meant for college kids though. The 'expensive shit is always better' thing makes stupid people think it has some kind of pedigree and they sink money into it. And Jack is far from the only brand that's way overpriced Vs. quality because plebs think price=quality. Not that some of the high priced stuff isn't extremely good. I mean that is obvious you are going to get some baller tier liquor at those price ranges. But people are also gonna try and pass off mediocre shit at $$$ too.

So it's not a case of 'don't be poor'. It's a case of 'don't be stupid'.

Yes they are you mouthbreathing retard

A friend of mine bought that for me for my birthday, I personally thought it was pretty good. Doubt I would spend my own money on it though.

>£200 a bottle whiskey
All alcohols have the same shit where after maybe a max of $100 or so per bottle the price is just a meme.
I had a $220 bottle of wine recently and it was one of the worse wines I've had lately. I regularly buy wines that are between $10 and $25 unless I'm just using it for cooking or to get drunk, and that $220 bottle was worse than pretty much every one of those.

>All alcohols have the same shit where after maybe a max of $100 or so per bottle the price is just a meme.
That's really not true, there's varying supply elasticity and margins and so on. Vodka, single malt whisky, brandy, solera aged sherry, pink zinfandel, rum, tequila, etc... you can't generalize like that.

People who set arbitrary prices as the "meme cutoff" are generally just rationalizing their limited means. Not that there's anything to be ashamed of when it comes to trying to maximize your value out of booze purchases but let's not get carried away here. There are cases where you simply can't go below a certain price floor because the product has no realistic substitute.

It's just for snobs. When you ask someone who isn't a sommelier to tell the difference between a $30 and a $300 bottle. all they'll say is "I can definitely taste the difference here!".

Whiskey tastes like absolute shit, it's too herbal, fiery, alcoholic, unbalanced. It tastes worse than medicine.

Sure, you can pretend to be all cultured and smart by pretending that you're a conoisseur of that shit, but you're not fooling anybody who has at least half a brain.

>sommelier
>whisky
indogomontoya.mp3

>none of it tastes any different

t. tastelet.

Attached: 1513758126674.jpg (303x311, 100K)

sommeliers don't know shit about whisky anymore than a cicerone knows about wine

Attached: Sasha Grey.jpg (787x654, 195K)

Attached: hipster pond scum.jpg (800x400, 148K)

What you hate is what I love
>That harsh flavor
>That fire in your gut
>That feeling of spending cold hard cash
Bulliet is the best for this

Attached: absinthe.jpg (633x356, 97K)

Attached: whisyk.jpg (696x1895, 355K)

What is it with the people who order this with 1 drop of vermouth and just neat gin. Why not just drink gin in a pint glass or something. You're not drinking it for the olive.

Attached: 800px-15-09-26-RalfR-WLC-0084.jpg (800x888, 67K)

my gf loves this horsepiss shit, ive always been a redbull or just plain coffee guy

I have yet to meet someone who drinks 1-2 of these a day that doesnt look like a methhead

you have to be 18 to post here

well what the fuck did you expect

>you have to be 18 to post here

>You're not drinking it for the olive.

Don't tell me how to live my life.

Attached: dirty-martini-720x720-recipe.jpg (720x720, 49K)

Attached: grey_goose_original_1.jpg (337x560, 12K)

Or literally any non bottom shelf vodka

This triggers the Monster shills

This shit costs what, 30 bucks for a fifth? Meanwhile for half the price you can buy a handle of some Polish shit that tastes better.

>British medical chief officers (kek) recommend that men drink no more than 3/4 UK units which is about 1-2 fl ounces. Damn, how the mighty have fallen. I can drink a half gallon in a night.

You also have to pay to shill.

Alcoholism is nothing to brag about.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 6K)

new fag can't reply

Any and all premium vodka.

Shit was basically another one of those "muh nostalgia" gimmicks, but I'll admit it tasted way better than normal Pepsi.

Attached: 080816-crystal-pepsi-lead.jpg (684x821, 48K)

This stuff is hands down pure meme tier, lucky for me though I got given it as a inheritance gift and didn't buy into it.
I mean sure it has a nice after taste once it goes down, yet beyond that it's mediocre and by no means deserving of all the accolades and appraisal it has as flavour wise it's nothing but pure peat.

Whereas bottles of Jura or Whyte and Macay that are half the price, shit all over this stuff in all honesty to the point there is just no comparison as the flavours and scents are enjoyable whilst having a glass.

On the other hand Arbeg just makes me turn my nose up and has me believing that this a chore drink with getting drunk as the only purpose as its not enjoyable, and any one who says so is just a "muh peat" fag remincing about their scout days gathered round a campfire.

Attached: ardbeg-10-year-old-whisky.jpg (426x1000, 21K)

neither is being a salty cuck

low test beta

Attached: 1520964164604.png (1280x720, 613K)

I can jab myself in the eye, it doesn't mean I will

I pitty your bad taste kid

No one is salty over your weakness and addiction, user.

>all scotch ever
I win

>he doesn’t know “super healing” is a code word for gout

Belvedere is the same price where I live, and while I like it better, I’m not saving any money by choosing it.
Hell, even Tito’s has gone way up now that everyone’s heard of it.

I’ve had Kamchatka, and I’ve had Grey Goose. Of the two the latter is better, and there’s no contest.
Is Grey Goose much (or even any) better than other premium vodkas? No, but to say there’s no difference over budget vodkas is laughable.

>t. jealous poorfag

Neither, actually.

Scotch is overrated shit.
American bourbon is the superior choice.

yup, the shills of this shit on the board are as deluded as this drink.

I don't get all this screeching. I can understand love for ultra or rehab, but original Monster is beyond shit.

>remincing about their scout days gathered round a campfire.
Shit is this why I like Laphroaig?