Sale before/expiration dates

What are Veeky Forumsā€˜s thoughts on these? Should they be given much credence?

Attached: E3B57DE0-E921-4626-8C6F-A77A4D03357C.jpg (770x477, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1rZAT2GtmI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

With some things like dairy you have to adhere to it.
I ate an out of date trifle once, only 2 days out of date... literally never experienced stomach cramps and shits like it... me and my housemate were texting each other from each loo in the house asking if we're still alive.

With things like bread you just feel it to see if it's stale.
Veg and fruit if kept in the fridge will last a week longer than the date on it.
Ready meals will be good for another few days after the date.

Dairy is pretty much the one thing you have to be wary of in my experience.

>exp date on produce
You high nigga?

>manufacturer prints sell by date with month and day
>no hour:minute

Can't tell you how many gallons of milk I've had to throw away in the morning to be safe

Attached: 1498147238833.png (542x529, 288K)

I eat stuff thats past the sell by date all the time. Manufacturers have to be super lenient with them.
If a bottle of milk will go off after, say, 7-12 days, the use by date will say 6 days. Same with meat, etc. I've never gotten food poisoning.

Use your senses. If it smells bad, looks bad or tastes bad, don't eat it.

That depends entirely on how much you trust the retailer to have kept it in proper storage conditions. Once it leaves the bottling plant, there are plenty of factors that can lead to milk going bad sooner.
i have milk in my fridge rn that is stamped for 2 days ago and it's perfectly fine, but i have also bought milk from poo-in-loo convenience stores that went bad nearly a week before its stamp date

Are the germs on standby waiting for their signal? How does the hour:minute matter?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1rZAT2GtmI

Both my brother and I can taste a milk go bad usually a week before the date printed. We go through a lot of it though so it's rarely a problem, but damn are we both sensitive to it.

Any other food and you're usually fine though so long as it looks and smells good.

Funny, my milk always stays good for a week after the date.

Get this Reddit faggotry out of here, idiot.

That means the place where you buy your milk the cooler works well.

>That means the place where you buy your milk the cooler works well.
This.

If your milk goes bad earlier than the date? The place you buy it from lets their early morning delivery sit outside thawing out while some lazy person takes their time moving it into a cooler. Refrigerating food and freezing food doesn't stop spoilage, but the slows it down. If milk is allowed to warm up, maybe more than once, like it sits on a pallet at the plant before getting on a truck, or the truck driver opens the door too long, etc. Anyway, stop getting it there. Complain. Complain. Even take it back for a refund half used. After they see you a few times, they'll get how mad you are. Go ahead and pour in your older milk to top off the container, and let them sniff that milk you just opened that is already tainted. Whatever it takes. This is how you get your local store to start treating their food right or fix that aging cooler.
Big city, whatever, you have choices.

Also, organic milk moves less frequently. It will spoil more. And, ultra-pastuerized brands like Skim Plus are treated to higher heat longer, so will last longer and maybe worth the extra cost if you aren't wasting it.

People could be storing it wrong as well. I had my refrigerator at 8C before learning it should be at 4C and those extra degrees helped food last several days longer than before.

They have an agreement with the food industry on a time and date to begin working on ruining your milk.

Basically the only thing that should really have an expiration date is chicken and seafood. It can be kind of hard to tell when it's gone off until it really goes off.

For damn near anything else it's easy enough to just tell if it's still good or not without dates to handhold you.

It surprises me how many people haven't heard of the Industry and Bacteria Accadian Accords. It took forever for the tiny little fuckers to sign it.

It's a "sell by" date, not an expiration date.
It's still good for consumption some time after it because it's understood that most non-Americans don't inhale an entire container of food immediately after purchasing it.

Attached: bugs.png (248x459, 249K)

I disagree, dairy in particular is extremely easy to judge by smell. You just shake it up a bit so it all goes bad at once, and smell is never hidden.

I constantly eat pudding that's been expired for over a year sometimes even a decade yet turn out fine.

>consume within two days after opening and buy some more
uh, ok.

I go by smell then tiny taste test if I'm not certain, because milk can smell sour without being bad.

They laughed at me when I invented pens on a microbial level.
WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!