Other urls found in this thread:

jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/chemex-coffeemaker
jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/la-pavoni-europiccola
youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZM7kOr4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>automatic drip
>it's in my kitchen right now
>it works

Attached: 5-Cup-Mini-Drip-Coffee-Maker-426.05.jpg (2379x2379, 471K)

Patrician.
Edgy hipsters just want to look cool with their obscure apparatuses

>lasts for decades
looks fragile as fuck desu.

>obscure
flyover detected

and it tastes like rainwater as well

>i make weak coffee so the method is bad

there is literally nothing wrong with auto drip

Attached: KB952AOPS.jpg (960x960, 191K)

yeah but does james bond canonically use one?

Attached: Chemex_Coffeemaker.jpg (1963x1571, 673K)

how you dildos use the grind doesn't matter. The grind matters.

Attached: 820_e0fde676-4138-43fb-a331-1ff2aed22175_1400x (1).jpg (944x708, 27K)

>basing your coffee making on the preferences of fictional bongs

Attached: 20160714_a6c58d.jpg (372x559, 87K)

I concur.

Attached: bonavita.jpg (650x664, 45K)

i use a french press

So basically an overcomplicated version of this?

Attached: MokaPot.jpg (299x450, 21K)

Bond is Swiss/Scottish
Doesn't qualify as a total bong in my opinion

enjoy your cancer boiling metals

Attached: 61TVn2p8x+L._SL1109_.jpg (1000x1109, 88K)

A french press seems a lot less complicated.

Patrician, makes coffee at the perfect temperature for drinking immediately after the brew.

Its a shame you can't do more than 12 oz.

What's the advantage of getting a Bialetti over other brands that look exactly the same?

You know, you clowns remind me very very much of stoners and vapers showing off their rigs

as an italian who drinks moka erryday it's none. the only thing you should look for in a moka it's if it seals good so it works fine. the only thing bialetti has is better filters and overall design. it won't break as easily as an off brand one but even a shitty one is hard to break. hope it helps you m80

What would you recommend?

the brand isn't important, as i told before. i have both shitty ones and a bialetti that is my parents'. the bialetti has more than 20 years and it only has stains on the metal that i'm too lazy to clean, never had a problem. the off brand ones might be an hit and miss. one that i had broke because the handle was poorly made and melted cause of the flame, another one had the shittiest filter ever but i just bought a replacement and it works just fine. if you really want to buy one buy bialetti for its quality but be prepared to spend a lot if you manage to break it, the goddamn jews at bialetti made the replacement pieces really expensive. or you can just buy a similar one but look for faults on the handle and the filter as they are the only thing you can break

Thanks man, and would you recommend a stainless steel or aluminium one?

Galvanized steel if you can get it.

definitely stainless steel, aluminium ones suck hard.

Hmm, that's what I thought. But the problem is that I can't find any brands that sell steel pots that only make 1 or 2 or 3 cups of coffee. The smallest I've seen is the 4 cup size Bialetti Venus, and because I only make coffee for myself, 4 cups seems too much for me.

What brands do that?

It's literally a french press.
Even the people who demonstrate how it works have no clue how a french press extracts coffee, so they add so many needless steps, like stirring grounds at regular intervals and adding the grounds AFTER the water has made it to upper flask, not before.

Attached: laharl meido.jpg (750x917, 704K)

my dad's aluminum one seems to work better than my stainless steel one, fwiw. same capacity.

also, I imagine that one other guy who likes to talk about moka pots will be in here shortly if he isn't already, so let me say that I tried filling the boiler with warm instead of boiling water just now and I think it extracted noticeably better, though of course it took longer. gonna have to try it from cold now.

Who the fuck put boiling water in it? You use cold and adjust the heat so it takes ~7 min to be done, like the manual says.

>You use cold and adjust the heat so it takes ~7 min to be done
with a 6-cup stainless pot and starting from cold that's more like 12-15 minutes. I'm not sure it's possible to get enough pressure to do it in 7, I'd probably trip the safety valve.

(though, hey, if it works for you I might give it a whirl.).

7 min is mentioned in my 3 cups manual, a 6 cup will probably have a different time.

i unironically prefer this

Attached: nescafe.jpg (334x608, 46K)

that's the autism machine the nords worship, roight?

Not using la pavoni which is obviously the bond machine

>percolator coffee
>comfiest coffee in existence
>taste is god-tier
>can be made anywhere over any heat source
>pot lasts forever
>easy as fuck to make

Attached: 54CBEB19-DC37-4571-8C25-374EE52775CF.jpg (350x350, 45K)

Who needs a bunch of suff when you can just put ground coffee in a pot of warm water.

>I don’t know that aluminum forms an impervious and unreactive oxide layer upon contact with the oxygen in the air.
>and that it will last basically forever unless scrubbed off by scouring pads.
Bottom line, hand wash it with a regular sponge and dish soap and replace the gasket every decade or so and it’ll last until after your grandkids die.

I don't understand how this machine works

It takes all the flavorful oils and spews them into the air, smelling great but leaving you a brew of dirty tapwater.

That doesn't sound too great

Not much.
The plastic handle is a little better quality and the finish on the metal parts is cleaner and smoother. I have a chink 3-cup moka pot that works just as well as my expensive 6-cup moka.

If you don’t leave your plastic handle directly over the burner flame you won’t notice a difference and you’ll save over $20.

It’s not the making of the coffee that’s the trick. It’s stopping it from brewing when it’s at the right flavor and not getting gritty bits of coffee grounds in your cup when you’re done.

Basic physics. A bit of water flashes into steam and the resulting explosion pushes a small column of water up a tube and onto your coffee.
But since this is Veeky Forums and nobody has any idea how physics actually works:
>magic

>t. soccermom

It’s just sour grapes.
He’s trying to justify his lack of knowledge as well as paying 5x the price for something that’s more finicky and doesn’t work as well.

Cool projection, dude.
There's a reason literally everyone of the face of the earth stopped using percolators in the '70s.

how would you say a percolator compares to a french press? asking for a friend haha

water heater

You want to get yourselves one of these

Attached: file.png (1000x750, 790K)

Like all coffee, it depends on your process.
Though a French press is reputed to make better coffee and a percolator worse, it’s all basically down to personal preference and your prep. I’ve gotten shit coffee out of both and great coffee out of both.
A French press with shit fundamentals will make shit coffee; Percolator with awesome fundamentals will make awesome coffee, and vice versa.

About 4g of coffee grounds per cup of output is a happy ratio for me across a number of brew formats. I can drink it black without it tasting like rotten mud, and any sugar anyone may use is minimal and not to cover up any flaws in the brew.

Thank you. Going to stick with the french press then. I need to stop being a lazy fuck and go buy some good coffee. I drink mine the same way, cheers

I really do to be honest...

>A bit of water flashes into steam and the resulting explosion pushes a small column of water up a tube and onto your coffee
But does that process result in good coffee?

It can, yes.

Edgy hipster detected.

>he genuinely believes that being from the coast makes him a better class of person and more worldly, despite still being a fucking american.

Attached: 20180316_214908.jpg (704x1080, 375K)

>1-D

>2-D

>3-D

>4-D

>5-D

>not having an ek43 in your kitchen
fucking casuals

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 8.53.34 PM.png (546x1540, 1.25M)

jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/chemex-coffeemaker

>jamesbondlifestyle.com
oh no no no

jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/la-pavoni-europiccola

Attached: K30_2.0.jpg (1240x1541, 486K)

They work on an entirely different principle.

Syphon: water is heated until it is siphoned up into the top bulb, fully immersing the coffee under no pressure, water percolates through the coffee back down when heat source is removed.

Moka: water is heated until it percolates up through the grounds canister under light pressure up into the top serving vessel.

years old method

It was invented in the 1830s you twat.

It's basically the same principle as a Moka pot, but the top allows the water to drip back through to the bottom to be cycled again.

Pretty much always overextracted, but the idea has potential if paired with PID technology like Perk was trying to be before deciding to scam people when they realized they could do it, but not for the price promised

EK is MILES better than a K30, moron. The only better grinder (besides an EK modded with SSP burrs) is a Monolith Flat Max with SSP EK burrs, and only like 3 people currently own one.

You have revealed how little you know of your preferred drinks history. Americans stopped using percolators because autodrip machines with electric hookups and mechanical timers became super prevalent and the ability to wake up to already brewed coffee was better than having to throw it on a stove first, same with the microwave for an oven or a digital clock over analog, just easier. Percolators make coffee that drinks like a French press, thick and sweet, most people just left them on too long or used too few grounds.

EAT BEANS

DRINK BOILING WATER

Would you say it's superior to a Moka pot?

I'm using a french press, but it's sort of messy, sometimes coffee grounds escape the net when I press it down, they don't last very long (in my experience) and are messy to clean because grounds get stuck between the parts
So I'd like to replace my french press with something, I don't have much space so preferably not a giant robot

I would shy it's an absolute trash brewing method that nobody should use in it's current form.

It only has promise with a ton of added technology that nobody has brought to market with one.

Tip your fedora harder, why don't you.
Percolators are shit, they've always been shit, and you won't get any hipster cred here for pretending otherwise.

any good options that are not french presses or a big robot?

hario v60, aeropress, chemex

I have the v60 and aeropress and both make pretty good single servings
I'd get the chemex if I was making coffee for more than just myself though

Why not just get a carafe for your hario?

I only have the small one so far

and chemex looks nice and has good presentation

Thank you for the suggestios user

cover the beans in dark chocolate and honestly that's a pretty good setup for eg camping

>they don't last very long
hwot

what breaks? I like moka pot coffee better than french press coffee, but I use the hell out of a french press for logistical reasons and I don't see what wouldn't last.

nobody's mentioned cold brew concentrate, so allow me to be the first

can brew very strong and mix with hot water or milk to get a hot drink, not bad! plus lower acidity than hot-brewing.

how do I into cowboy coffee?

>fine grounds or coarse
>boil grounds or just boil coffee
>wut ratio
plz

Attached: Cowboy-Coffee.jpg (1000x828, 1.01M)

The edge of the net is what breaks for me
Gotta take it apart to clean out grounds that are stuck and after doing that for a while coffee grounds start finding their way into the coffee

I think it looks great, but I don't see how I could justify the price and buying another coffee maker. I also want a hario.
I already have a kalita, moka, cafetiere, and espresso maker.

youtube.com/watch?v=MlbZM7kOr4s

He probably uses fluoridated water, too. R.I.P.

>projection
>literally
Pipe down, the adults are talking

huh, what press are you using? and have you tried a coarser grind (possibly with a longer steep time)?

>plebs itt use brewing methods that pass hot water over plastic
enjoy ur microbeads

aeropresss>french press>>>>>moka pot>>>>>> filter coffee

Attached: coffeemakers1[1].jpg (480x320, 36K)

pleb

comparing aeropress to filter is stupid in the first place because they yield different types of coffee

you can make shitty coffee with both and you can make great coffee with both

my issue with the aeropress is that... you know... it just kinda looks really fucking gay

You dipshits need to find a bean. Then a grinder, then a paper filter.

That's all you stupid assholes need.

>paper filter
ah yes the paper filters which i use to make my coffee
gotta get water from the well though! and i need to visit the monestary to watch the monks copy books... if mongols or vikings don't invade and burn it down

for since we are using paper fucking filters it is apparently medieval times where electricity or basic technology doesn't exist and we bash in each other's heads with wooden clubs

there's literally nothing wrong with being gay.

>comparing coffee makers to each other is stupid

nuh uh

industrial coffee and its consequences have been a disaster for the human palate

Or use one of these you fucking dipshit, then put it in a PAPER FILTER. God you people are just chavs.

Attached: Smart Grinder Black.jpg (1033x1500, 100K)

yeah it's not like anyone would want to drink coffee out of a mug or anything...
paper filters are dumb and messy

Used to just grab hands of beans out of the grinder and eat them and wash them down with some cold water desu.

Puts the fear of God into the hearts of normies.

After trying out all these methods I came back to this and enjoy it, maybe it's just nostalgia speaking but it just tastes better for me.

Percolator Guy here.

They’re different, and produce different strength end products.
A moka pot produces near-espresso strength coffee, while a percolator just does regular-strength coffee.
Ignore the idiots like this guy who say it makes shit coffee. It doesn’t.
Like the French press, it is a manual process-the quality depends on you. But you should be used to that, so it won’t be hard to learn. Unlike the French Press, you can get all of it sparkling clean to keep off-flavors at bay.

I have a 4-cup percolator, so my recipe is:
>24oz (680g) water
>16g coffee
>Put on stove, burner set on high. >When it starts to perk, turn it down to low
>let it perk for 7 minutes.
>Take off heat and serve.
Easy and delicious.

the only good thing about ek43 is how good it looks next to a trash can

Attached: C4HqYw3FQaaT._UX300_TTW_.jpg (300x210, 17K)

Attached: 000.png (793x766, 246K)

Thank you user!
Since it's called a perculator I'm assuming that letting it "perk" in this context means having the thing do what it does, but what exactly would I be looking for there?

I think I want to get one of these because they look nice, don't take up too much space and have insides made of metal parts which I can clean easily