Alright boys I have:

Alright boys I have:

>3 fresh globe tomatoes
>fresh garlic
>fresh cilantro
>a white onion
>some lemon and lime juice

How do I make a good salsa from these ingredients? Please teach me how to git gud.

Attached: Secret-Ingredient-Restaurant-Style-Salsa-iowagirleats-06.jpg (685x852, 109K)

>no chili's or jalapeƱos
You are one ingredient off from perfection user

Attached: Book_Revue_8.jpg (1480x1080, 277K)

Chop em all up and mix them together then simmer for a little while

Done.

Some fresh chili would be a nice addition.

>simmering salsa
Why tho? I just throw it in a blender and wa la

enjoy your raw garlic and onion, also a blender is gonna make it all grossly consistent, warming it up a bit will soften things up but they stay roughly the same shape/size you cut them, so for example 1cm tomato cubes, finely minced garlic, .5x1cm onion pieces etc

also it depends on how you like your salsa, for a fresh raw style on tacos then yeah just give fresh ingredients a pulse, for something like the OP pic for dip then simmering works fine

How long should we simmer here?

chuck in onions and garlic, do it for a couple mins, add everything else except the lime juice and cilantro, do another 5-10 mins, off the heat then add the juice and cilantro or even wait til its cold before adding those

I worked in a Mexican restaurant and alternatively you can just

>pulse it all in a blender or food processor until the desired consistency
>throw it all in a pan and heat it on medium till it boils

Then you just cool it down and wa la, adding cilantro last

tru dat, if you want all pieces to be the same size. I personally like having some ingredients be finer/chunkier than others

It's all preference my friend some like their salsa to be a little chunky but I like mine more consistent

Opie here I made the salsa and it tastes good but why is it not as red as I would have liked it

It's more of a clear pink

Attached: 20180321_082351-1209x1612.jpg (1209x1612, 442K)

your tomatoes suck.

That's what I am thinking. Next time I will get canned plum tomatoes instead of "fresh" globe tomatoes

>pink
You overprocessed the tomato.
Next time use canned petite dice or crushed tomato. If you insist upon using fresh you must remove seeds and skin first. Chop by hand then pulse in a blender/processor. Too much time in a blender incorporates air and that makes it pink.

Oh...and did i read that correctly? 3 tomatoes to one onion? Way too much onion and if you literally just through all of that in a blender then of course its pink...you liquified the onion. Chop or process you onions and peppers together remove to a bowl then process your tomato and cilantro.

My salsa recipe
>4-5 roma tomates
>a large white onion
>a dozen jalaps
>half a teaspoon of salt or a little more
>toss it in food processor and then apply to nachos

wa la

Your salsa sucks.

Nawh it's pink because he used globe tomatoes. Based Roma tomatoes don't turn pink.

>wa la
not sure if ironic

Newfag

>chili's