Foodhu’s

What are you cooking today Veeky Forums?

Attached: Youmu.jpg (390x450, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NozFpez91oc
youtube.com/watch?v=MjuiazBz5Eo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pizza dough! I'm following Chef John's most current no knead dough recipe.

Sounds neat, any video on that?

Waiting for bread to rise.

I'm making rice, again!

Yes

I ate a couple pieces of cold pizza, went to work where I cooked for around 300 people, then went and bought a handle of vodka and some Taco Bell drive through.

Worked until 12am, got 3 mc doubles on the way home

youtube.com/watch?v=NozFpez91oc

Tacos.

Just pulled this loaf of sourdough out of the oven.

Attached: EBDB5D0D-E3B4-4BD3-A96D-3F87C7A28221.jpg (3264x2448, 2.49M)

youtube.com/watch?v=MjuiazBz5Eo

I've got my four dough balls in the fridge now. The recipe turned out great!

I have spaghetti sauce on the stove that will marry until dinner. Boiling the sauce long enough is necessary the true flavor only emerges after a hour or two.

made this for lunch, cooking a nice steak dinner tonight later on which will have a cook along.

Attached: l.png (1037x775, 1.59M)

I'm cooking youmu today

Good ol' slop o' sheit

Where's they moneshot

Attached: 20180321_190337.jpg (3264x1836, 1.81M)

I hope you don't actually boil your ragu, user.

Simmer, and yes because tomato sauce tastes like shit until it cooks for a while.

So you don't boil your ragu?

Had to let it cool first. I'm very pleased with the crumb.

Attached: 3.22 red fife crumb.jpg (1632x1224, 676K)

Fish sticks on bread tonight because I'm a classy white trash fucker. Tomorrow night I'm trying chicken fajitas. I know they fajitas are a simple thing to make. I've just never thought to make them before. Anyone have any tips?

It's more of a marinara with a little beef for flavor.

This looks pretty damn good, care to share the recipe?

That's hot. I'm going to try growing red fife myself this year.

pretty simple:
>50g starter
>250g bread flour
>250g red fife flour
>10g salt
>385-400g water

mix flours and water, autolyse however long you want (i did about an hour and a half on this one.) add salt and starter, pinch and fold to incorporate. cover, stretch and fold every 30 minutes for 3 hours (total of 6 s+f), cover and let rise in cool area 8-12 hours (depends on how active the starter is and what your dough and room temp are. this one went for the full 12 hours.)

shape, proof in a brotform on the counter until it passes the finger-dent test. when it's getting close to proofed, preheat dutch oven to 500F. score dough, place in oven and turn oven temp down to 450F. bake covered for 30 minutes, uncovered for 12-17 min depending on how you like it. cool completely before slicing.

I bet Myon tastes like marshmallow.

burgers

Attached: dc9786d9527ca65b8b4ad8558ec29af9.jpg (900x1851, 757K)

hopefully Veggie Burgers?

Made scalloped potatoes for the first time while completely disregarding the recipe I was using as a base.

They were perfect.

stuffed buns (ham, turkey, spinach, swiss and pizza sauce) and chicken noodle soup. Both homemade.

Green tea with lemon, ginger, and honey.
I have some ground pork that I'll making into dinner somehow not sure what yet.

Kimchi fried rice and fried eggs

You are the generalissimo of your pizza dough

Thanks!
(Espacially for metric)
That sounds pretty straight forward.
How do you prepare your starter?

After about 4 attempts I finally made a decent onigiri with spicy tuna and a sweetened bean paste. The rice was pretty sloppily molded because I didn't let it cool long enough, but atleast they were balls this time.

Attached: __tatara_kogasa_touhou_drawn_by_gaoo_frpjx283__9a36138b14f19049656c5c7afe2932a8.jpg (1464x1920, 815K)

Of course not.

Attached: 2ff6d0c.jpg (850x680, 84K)

It seems like 80% of anons ITT don't know what 2hu is.
How did we let this happen?

Go back to your containment board

But do you boil it?

Try coming something new every day and in a year you'll be a better cool than 90% of the population.

>implying Clownpiece is American.
She lifted the design from a flag she found on the Moon. And since that flag was bleached of its colours years ago she should really be wearing the French one instead.

I'm making porkchops baked in tomatosauce. Served with rice.

Attached: IMG_20180323_123757.jpg (3968x2976, 3.49M)

Can of baked beans with worcester sauce, chilli powder and pepper and 4 boiled eggs. Living cheap and it tastes awesome and fills me up for hours.
Tonight, a chicken stir fry with a tonne of cabbage and peppers.

I'm aware of that, user.

user, Touhou reaches all boards, not just /jp/

Attached: Suwako.jpg (600x600, 46K)

There is a reason whyy shithu is contained on /jp/.

I guess passable English is contained on Veeky Forums

not an argument

hey user, i really want to make onigiri. do you have any tips you would pass along from your experience?

Sous vide eye of round steaks, I just got this this machine so I'm seeing what it can do to a tougher cut.

Sure
- Don't be afraid to lose rice when molding, trying to keep everything can force you into making uneven shapes, you can always add more if needed
- Let the rice soak before cooking and allow it to fully cool when done
- Don't add to much filling
- Soak hands in vigorously salted water after each ball
The hardest part is adding the filling. The method I used was to mold the rice into a ball, carefully remove about 1/3 of the top, push the fillings down into the center of the rice, then reassemble. If some filling reaches the outside of the rice, don't sweat it too much. Practice makes perfect, and it wouldn't be a bad idea making a cup of rice just to mold and practice with.

Attached: 1513059625702.jpg (1199x916, 164K)

that's it?

Cooking up some filling for my stuffed Bella peppers I plan to cook for dinner tomorrow night

Attached: IMG_20180324_031654.jpg (2304x4096, 2.38M)

Anything else

looks nice any final results?

udon with veggies and homemade sauce
orange chicken with jar sauce

pic

Ramen

sorry for the delay, hope you're still monitoring this! i usually start with 50g starter and at 50+50g each water and whatever flour i have on hand, usually AP or bread flour. i try to feed it at least 24 hours in advance of baking with it and i leave it out for a few hours before sticking it back in the fridge.

hi user thank-you for the tips
if i don't try making them tomorrow i will be monday

No cooking. Leftover primavera pasta.

Attached: boss_of_this_realm.jpg (510x382, 19K)

Making some curry rice noodle soup

Attached: IMG_20180324_232808.jpg (2304x4096, 1.92M)

Attached: IMG_20180324_235849.jpg (4096x2304, 1M)

Looks awful, did it taste good.

Meh

Heh, this is what Borneo's dinner actually looked like when photographed by her SO using his cell phone camera.

Squid

Nothing. I made dinner yesterday, so i don't have to. Soup is a cream of beetroot soup with onion and for the second dish it's mashed potatoess, salad and a frikadeller.

go on

I tried to make chicken Parmesan and burnt the fuck out of the breading. I’m just getting into cooking for myself. Do I need to use a shitload of oil or something?

Homemade burritos for meal prep with some marinated steak.

Boiled potatoes with a sauce of minced pork, onion and cooking cream, seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary and a tomato I had lying around in the kitchen, with a side of boiled veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrot).

For no particular reason, I was really desperate for something quite plain tasting like this today. The potatoes tasted like heaven.

Attached: 1485383816884.jpg (392x482, 124K)

Yeah I don't have the best camera and it looks pretty shitty but it tasted really good to be quite honest
I just wish I had some lemon grass for it

post picture.

Any of you guys try to make Foods historical as possible?

Made some cold brew earlier today. Hoping it will last me through the week assuming I cut it with milk.

My bread turned out pretty different, but still eadible at least. Should have given the starter a bit more time i think.
Will try again, thanks user!

Attached: IMG_20180326_144856.jpg (1024x576, 266K)

huh?

Nice

Turn the heat down or pull it off if it was cooked through. Shouldn't need much oil for shallow frying. Bake the chicken on a rack if you really have trouble.

looks shit.

good effort! a few things -- most importantly, did your starter pass "the float test" when you went to use it? basically, just put some lukewarm water into a glass and gently put a spoonful of starter at the top. if it sinks, it's not ready.

also, what was your recipe? how long did you proof for?

Any good tips on making sushi?

No

having a bad day, user?

I didn't know about the float test.
I usually put the starter in a glass jar, so i can see how bubbly it is and then use it when it seems ready.
In terms of quantities and time I used the recipe in this thread but added flaxseed and some rye flour.
I'll try the float test next time.

huh?

>I'm making porkchops baked in tomatosauce. Served with rice.
how does the fat render in this method? wht temp do you put it on at? is it in a open or closed pot?

yes

Nice, user.

definitely do the float test, it makes a huge difference. also, be sure to soak your flaxseeds first (they absorb A LOT of water), and adjust your hydration to take into account the rye flour (it also absorbs much more water than all purpose white flour)

post pic.

Will do, thanks a lot!

/mlp/ is the only containment board

any good recipes for food in touhou games

I made key lime pie

Attached: key lime.jpg (573x430, 33K)