Why do so many here hate the reformation?

Why do so many here hate the reformation?
I get it did add to the thirty years war in a way, but considering how corrupt the Church was at the time there wasn't really many other ways possible. Martin Luther even tried to reform the Church from inside before they decided to try and get rid off him.

Let me clarify myself a bit. People seem to act as if the Reformation wasn't a fully natural reaction to a Church that needed reformed but refused reforms. The Reformation even indirectly lead the Church to improve, as they didn't want to be the super corrupt douchebags of Europe anymore.

You are right in that the Church reformed as a result of Luther. However, Luther also created Protestantism, which is basically a living, breathing, heaving edifice of heresy. Let me reiterate that : Protestants are heretics. They are in complete violation of Christian teachings. If any Protestants are good Christians, they are so in spite of their Protestantism, not because of it.

So no, the Reformation on balance did nothing good. It caused the Devil to enter in and pollute Christendom. But of course all of this was foretold, and true Christians have kept the Faith.

It led to schism. A schism that went wrong. Look at America today, it's filled with heretic cults and sometimes very hateful sects. This is why we had synods, you know, to avoid this kind of shit.

>which is basically a living, breathing, heaving edifice of heresy
heresy is literally something you personally believe to be wrong. they are heretics in your eyes and you are in their's. what a meaningless insult. as an atheist I'm glad the Church's power was broken up even if there are a ton of protestants who are idiotic

Yeah what's so bad about the most horrifying European war until WWI?

Or the murders of thousands of "witches"?

Or allying with muslim rapists and slavers to spite those damn dirty catholics?

I'm an atheist, but my key problem with protestants is that they started translating Bible in venaculr in all sorts of differents.

I'm mean which version is right.

Hell... King James version was politically motivated.

Either keep it in Greek and Latin and learn the nuances of the language to learn yourself or leave it alone.

I mean that is why Islam has a big leg up over Christianity in the sense that its book was written directly from Allah and was not to be translated.

Translating causes problems with religion when meanings are lost.

Because this board is filled with zealot butthurt catholics.

>doesn't even know what heresy is
>atheist
Like a poetry

>and latin
no part of the original bible was in latin. Latin Bible itself is a translation.

Oh boy.

So I have to learn Aramic Hebrew and Koine Greek then.

better than the retards I encountered here who said they wanted to learn latin so that they can read the original bible.

Also If you are a Christian you should learn Greek.

Actually my Jewish girlfriend says he she had to learn Hebrew to read the Torah in elementary school because they believe that it shouldn't be translated either.

Like others said, non-Arabic Muslims learn Arabic to read the Quran if they wish to study it.

Why do modern Christians give this a pass.

I mean if Christianity was a really important part of their life, wouldn't learning Hebrew and Greek be trivial?

Because Christians talk the talk, but don't like to walk it, at the same time mocking you when you call them out on their lazyness

>Yes goy, unless you believe all these extra-biblical doctrines you are a filthy heretic!

>Don't believe that Mary was magically teleported into heaven? Heretic.

>Don't believe that the pope can make infallible pronouncements? Heretic.

>Don't believe in purgatory? Heretic.

The term "Christian" logically means following the teachings of Christ - therefore, those, practices/traditions which do not come from the scriptures cannot be considered Christian.

Pagan Catholicism was never the true church and therefore the Reformation was needed.

I do my best with the next best thing: reading commentaries and reading up on what the disputed words mean in the original languages.

Then I layer that with my understanding of the cultures of the times to get an accurate reading of the verses or passages.

I understand that learning a language might be a very costly thing for some people. If not in money, but in time. Older people have difficulties learning a new language. In that case, why not do what I did?

Hey now, I wanted to learn Latin to read the Vulgate. It's been said here that the Vulgate is a really smooth translation from Greek. Plus I wanted to read Thomas Aquinas in the original Latin

Vocal minority of butthurt Catholics.

Can' be helped much sometimes.

Perhaps the inner church had secret knowledge regarding these rituals. Perhaps that's why the Reformation was a bad thing, because it let people like you throw down what was once holy and known only to those who could understand

The Reformation tore down something once beautiful

>The Reformation tore down something once beautiful

Loving
Every
Laugh