/BEER GENERAL/

Countdown to summer beer season edition

What's your favorite cheap beer?
Favorite barrel-aged beer?
Most overrated brewery?

Previous thread: Discord: discord.gg/rqsxQdW

Attached: image_thumb[2].png (640x448, 369K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brewbound.com/news/legislative-update-marylands-reform-tap-act-dies-massachusetts-senate-revives-franchise-law-reform-bill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That name is a mouthful. Almost feels like a meme.

>What's your favorite cheap beer?
hoegaarden

>Countdown to summer beer season

You do realise there is a southern hemisphere don't you?

I've got a 9% stout brewing at the moment. Going to keg it and let it condition for 5 or 6 months before I start drinking it and get maximum comfy in the middle of winter.

That is the gayest goddamned thing that I've ever seen.

That sounds like an overwhelming mess.
Tried pic related the other day and it was damn good. Super easy drinking and tasty. Still mostly buying Utepils hefeweizen though. Shits dope.

Attached: NEnectarLogo.jpg (2000x2000, 378K)

Just bought this and if it wasn't for the sweetness of the honey, it would taste way more shitty than it actually is.

Attached: bithc.jpg (570x427, 11K)

>You do realise there is a southern hemisphere don't you?
Nothing important beer-related happens there though

Leffe Ruby is unexpectedly nice

Attached: LEFFE_75cl_Ruby.png (254x710, 181K)

It's a good first step for sure. Heard stories of it getting people into craft beer.

Hey, Australian and New Zealand beer is pretty good sometimes!

I've had Leffe Blonde once and it was good but I won't buy Leffe ever again since it was bought out by InBev (now AB InBev)

No, it isn't.

I can't name a single brewery from Oceania

>You do realise there is a southern hemisphere don't you?
like 90% of all people live in the Northern Hemisphere, and like 99.9% of the world's good beer

I remember Moa had a really good imperial stout when I visited NZ a couple years ago. Wasn't as into beer back then though so I didn't make it a priority

my favorite cheap beer to get wasted is Carapils, I guess
it has a unique charm
barrel-aged, it depends on what did the barrels contained before whisky ? bourbon ? rhum ? tequila ?

>beer thread
>posts candy-flavored fizzy drinks

Craft beer is fucking cancer

Attached: 1486789723158.jpg (1400x1400, 400K)

Picked up some of pic related today without checking the bottle date, fucking August of last year. That'll teach me I guess.

Got some crowlers from a local place too, at least those are fresh.

>countdown to summer beers
Can't wait for Indeed Mexican Honey to come back, that shit is delicious

Attached: centennial.jpg (265x200, 17K)

Centennial hops are pretty sturdy I wouldn't be too upset.

yeah, water flavored lager is much better, things with tastes are bad

Good to know. I hear this one isn't terribly bitter to begin with either so hopefully I'm not missing much

It will hold up. Great Beer too.

Centennial is always hella old like that out here in the CA, at least at Safeway. Have gotten it a few times with shit floating around in there and I don't think it's supposed to be that way.

Breakfast stout, if you're into that, seems to move pretty well though.

Nah. I've had some pretty old two hearted and it tasted fine to me, but i don't look for much depth with either of those beers. They're pretty simple and great.

Oh yeah, I'm a fan of Breakfast Stout. I've had a bunch of Founder's dark beers, but I was in the mood for an IPA and figured they'd be a safe bet.

If you haven't had Centennial it is legit one of the best founders products.

Can confirm it's holding up, this is tasty

how much did you spend on that? I was lookin' at it and its was fuckin' 20 bucks

The base beer is just "Biscotti Break" but they keep adding all sorts of different shits to it. Some are good and some are not. Evil Twin really knows how to experiment though. One of my favorite breweries. Just drank pic related and loved it.

Attached: file.png (500x500, 181K)

everything from Evil Twin seems so damn overpriced, I just can't justify them. I've had Imperial Biscotti Break and enjoyed it but that's it. Do they have any cheaper stuff you'd recommend?

My local store puts the evil twin on a shelf with prairie and mikkeller.

20 bucks, I didn't know what to buy and the cashier made me feel uncomfortable, so I looked at the alchohol percentage and just grabbed it.

>Irish-ish coffee stout
>No jamison's, bushmills, tillamore dew

Tasted like shit from what I remember.

what is so bad about this?

Attached: 12649_w_2015.jpg (1181x1181, 116K)

>Do they have any cheaper stuff you'd recommend?
Hahahahahaha

Attached: 1514015469440.jpg (455x420, 27K)

Clear bottle for one.

rip

>yeah man FUCK things that taste like shit

t. ab inbev

why so faggy?

>GENERAL

Got three six packs yesterday. Milwaukee's Best Ice, Genesee Cream Ale, and Hamm's Beer.

Attached: 20180322_205853.jpg (1132x1760, 683K)

>Correct for a knock off Mexican lager.

How about the addition of french tequila?

what a fucking variety, really branching out there

i'll be enjoying my own homebrew
>kölsch 4.25abv
>irish red 5.75abv

Attached: IMG_0071.jpg (3264x2448, 1.1M)

This beer is the best beer I have ever had. Chill a 6 of this just right and sit down for a few hours of Skyrim and life is just fine.

Attached: 34CA3600-7E09-4323-ACA6-2C5B8DCDD6BC.jpg (481x600, 122K)

Actually those are unironically some pretty decent beers

had this in europe, pretty good

Is that little caesars?

Best way to get started on homebrewing? I'd love to give it a try

That's where Evil Twin get's strange. Their bombers are overpriced as shit where I'm at (like $15 maybe plus a few), but you can get like, a 4-pack of pints of their Biscotti Break for like $12.

The basic Mexican Cake is good, but I wouldn't bother with the OP one. Just seems like it'd be a mess. U'll keep an eye out for that one though.

mediocre IPA
now properly rotated

Attached: 1521849942163.jpg (3024x4032, 2.82M)

Anybody had pic related? Picked up a pack.

I was actually recently at the brewery, but it either wasn't on tap or I just didn't notice it. Troegnator and some of their IPAs were nice though. Also the food there is great.

Attached: madelf-productshot-new.png (600x834, 509K)

Correct, +1 internet for you my friend!

Milwaukee's is probably the worst tasting but has the most alcohol, least calories, best availability, and it's the cheapest. It's the last Miller brew left that I still see in the plastic bottles.

Yep plenty of great craft beer here. Sours seem to be picking up steam here which is good news.

:3

Having some bud lights tonight. perfect

True story, back in the day you could get a really fresh beast on tap in some Milwaukee bars. The stuff was really good. Like night and day compared to what you get in the stores now.

If you're ever in Australia, Stone and Wood Pacific Ale is pretty rad. Has a passionfruit-esque aftertaste, but it's so subtle and it doesn't taste artificial. Highly recommend.

Just had some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale at a fucking Montana Grill and it was almost $9 for a single bottle. I'm about start doing some bad shit to places that pull these kinds of stunts. I'm in Kentucky, so why the fucking hell would this beer be this expensive? Blew $40 on a meal of a cup of potatoes, a few ribs, a chicken breast and leg with the bones in, and two beers.
>$40
I even felt obliged to tip. I fucking hate going out for food and drinks.

Attached: 1517045097539.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

There are lots of craft beers that have that kind of price these days fella. You don't have to order the most expensive beer if you don't want to.

Best beer selection in London? Where do you buy your beers lads?

Attached: c69f17aacb75d00a4c4e77e8a5874f74.jpg (450x800, 171K)

i don't live in london

I don't live here but I really like Beavertown, Brewed by numbers and Camden town stuff

Tastes like honey and cherries, its pretty good. Very strong though, drank it a little too quick at christmas.

Past its use by date but quite nice regardless.

Fruit salad notes as well as expanding esters, not too Wheaty either.

Attached: IMG_20180325_023729.jpg (3480x4640, 2.97M)

I don't live in london

I'd highly recommend Mother Kelly's in Bethnel Green. I haven't been to their bottle shops but their tap room is top notch and has an amazing bottle selection.

Apart from that Brew by Numbers and Kernel are the most essential on the Bermondsey beer mile which you should check out.

Finally, Kill the Cat in Brick Lane has a pretty good selection for such a small place, the staff are kinda numale though, maybe that's changed since I was last there.

Blantons, memest of the memes

>local brewery distributes their crowlers to liquor stores in town
>price in stores is $7
>price at the brewery is $9

WHY

Some states have backwards laws that require them to sell their beer to a distributor and buy it back before selling it on site. There was just a big fight about this in Maryland where the politicians decided to double down on the outdated laws and fuck over the push to modernize them. This is because bar/restaurant owner association and alcohol distributors have a lot of lobbying power in local government with both parties

Also, breweries generally do not want to undercut their retail partners

i would only ever buy that because bitches brew is the greatest album ever recorded, shame it sounds kinda mediocre

COOL REFRESHMENT FROM THE LAND OF SKY BLUE WATERS. HAMM'S: THE BEER REFRESHING

So what was the point of doubling down on shitty laws?

Bars, restaurant owners, and state stores would lose out if microbreweries all started serving (and selling) their wares in-house. So they fatten the local politician's re-election funding in return for legislation that makes that possibility more remote.

Attached: IMG_8290.jpg (3264x2448, 1.35M)

Bar owners hate craft breweries because people like craft breweries more than shitty old bars, its good old fashioned anti-capitalism, if someone has a better product than you that consumers are buying instead of you get big government to step in the way

additionally, the politicians were pissed off that the new reductions in beer regulations were being suggested by the comptroller instead of one of themselves, and they didn't take too kindly to someone else threatening their sense of authority. Politicians are basically children

Attached: Good City Lord Lyon.jpg (1456x2048, 430K)

Seems like a one sided view, but I can't see much reason for the other side of the coin. It's sad when this represents our political system as a whole though. Frustrating beyond belief.

Yeah, its really how most regulation works, but most issues are so obscure or technical that the general public doesn't even pay attention. even with these beer laws the numbers paying attention are small, but hopefully enough to actually make a difference. Both of the parties are terrible and corrupt at all levels when they think people aren't paying attention

brewbound.com/news/legislative-update-marylands-reform-tap-act-dies-massachusetts-senate-revives-franchise-law-reform-bill

that sounds good. haven't heard of the brewery.

its pretty good. The brewery has only been around less than two years but they do some really good stuff

It's gross. I don't understand the politicians stifling growth for their own benefit. It's literally the opposite of their job

Listening to the politicians justify their stances on this, something most of us are probably pretty educated and aware of is really enlightening on how bullshit the talking points of politicians are on all other issues. Literally 100% of their stances are to do with who is paying them to fuck over who, none of it ever has to do with what they think is good for the people

Like they seriously manage to spin anti-craft brewery laws as being designed to help children because no one wants to encourage children to drink

anyone else have lancater winter warmer? shit is good

cool. I'm in chicago, I'll check it out next time I'm up there.

just opened this noir. tons of barrel taste. makes me wish I scored a vanilla noir too now

Attached: IMG_8295.jpg (3264x2448, 1.43M)

Prairie just started selling in Milwaukee and I literally just opened up a Bomb. Any Prairie stuff a must buy?

Had this in a pub last week, very nice, any Aussies here have anything to say about Hawthorn pilsner?

Attached: Generic_WineBottle.jpg (140x467, 17K)

Sorry I haven't tried much from them. Bomb and the deconstructed bombs are the only other one I've tried but I'm not crazy about anything with peppers.

That whole prairie dawgs series sounds amazing but you won't find it on shelves. I'm a sucker for anything rum barrel aged.

I've only had the Bomb. Coffee stout is a state of mind for me, so it's a once in a while thing.
We've actually got a small section of Prairie at my local store, I guess I'll try another one sometime and give a suggestion. I just wish they weren't so god damn expensive.

Yeah, this Bomb was like $8 for 12oz, I have no idea if thats normal for them but knew I had heard good things about it so figured I would try it

srs. the noir was $13 for a 12oz. I usually don't like paying that much for any beer, but this stuff is great.

Yay Democracy!

Prison rodeo. Also: fuck everyone

ending the night with a hoppy boi

Attached: IMG_8298.jpg (3264x2448, 1.22M)