Eating alone in restaurants

How do you do it?

Attached: table-for-one-amsterdam-restaurant-takes-on-solo-d-02.jpg (500x325, 26K)

phone out
leave a nice tip so they dont try and kick me out next time

Phone out? What does that mean?

sit at the bar

bring a book

Bring your phone so you aren't bored.
If you are talking about the social perceptions of being alone in a restaurant, who gives a fuck.
I'm starving I ain't gonna wait for someone to eat with me.

there's no shame in it, it's the best way to enjoy a restaurant
>no "can i grab a fry real quick"
>no "let's all split a few things, but only i get to decide what those things will be"
>no "that's a lot of food, can you even eat that much?"
>no "let's split the bill"

It means look at your phone like a fucking pleb.
Reading a book like a civilized person is the only way. Reading a book says "the solitude is a preference" dicking around on your phone says "I don't want to interact with the world around me"

These. I frequently read books at bars. Helps me get through my backlog, and every once in awhile the right sort of person asks me about what I'm reading and I might actually strike up a non-imbecilic conversation. It's got me laid a few times too.

where do I keep the book when I'm walking to the restaurant senpai?

Attached: 1517770666128.png (372x372, 101K)

Good question

Soy boys can't even carry anything?

hands need to be available to grab nearby pussy.

Attached: 1514902236255.png (1000x659, 539K)

You look like a fucking dork carrying a book around. Bringing a book doesn't really work unless you also carry a bag to make it look like you just came from work or school. I hate walking with a bag. It's hot and uncomfortable.

by not giving a fuck since literally no one around you gives a shit about some random stranger

I do this a lot, it depends on the cost of the place

for a cheap place not a single fuck given, wear some big ass headphones and listen to a podcast while you eat

for anywhere with table service you can scroll your phone, read a kindle or work on your computer. don't wear headphones.

other pro tips:
>always sit at the bar if possible
>try to have a phone call or text with somebody
>if going for dinner only go monday-wednesday nights, not the weekend
>if you have to eat alone on a weekend night consider a hotel restaurant and go early
>dress smartly unless it's a cheap place

just use an ereader which will fit in your pockets or carry a small bag

>I frequently read books at bars

Do you mean nightlife bars or like the bar at your local hipster food joint that you go to on your lunch break?

>ereader which will fit in your pockets
great, I already have one of those thanks fampachi

Attached: 1502371516703.png (2880x2156, 1.51M)

an ereader is a vastly superior experience to reading on your phone because the screen is not backlit

Thanks some good tips

I read books on my phone and I don’t give a fuck what people think of me.

>where do I put things when I'm not using them

1. Just keep it in your hands? It's a fucking novel not an encyclopedia. If your concern is that you'll look unsightly walking down the street with a book in your hands, well idk how to help you there.
2. A backpack? I work at an office, suit tie jacket every day, but I still have my backpack I used in high school. Bonus: you can keep other non book things in there as well.
3. A briefcase? I'm not going down that route yet so I don't have any experience, but if you want that adult look, get a nice ass briefcase
4. Keep it in your car until you get to the restaurant, park, and get out? Obviously I don't know if you have a car or not or if the restaurant you have in mind has parking near it, but common son work with me.

How is it that you got to at the minimum 18 years of age (at least I hope) and you need people on Veeky Forums to tell you where to keep a book when you're waking? How is that possible? In fact, #5, keep it up your gaping asshole you fucking idiot

>not reading an encyclopedia
Pipe down wage cuck not everyone feels comfortable carrying the new twilight book everywhere they go

Attached: .png (1976x644, 161K)

As an opthamologist I think you're a goldmine.

literally in a restaurant by myself right this moment

Same. I'm alone at an Indian buffet sitting here browsing my phone with the free wifi.

I eat alone at restaurants all the time AMA

Depends on your version of "nightlife." You don't read at noisy-ass clubs, but you can read at neighborhood bars where you see the same people all week on the regular. I frequent at least 2 bars, not counting microbreweries and such: one neighborhood bar I've been going to since before I was of legal age, and where everyone knows me, and one place that is sometimes quiet, but on Thursday nights has a kickass blues man every week. I don't read on Thursday nights.

>okay if lunch
>not okay for dinner, unless it is a very casual place or you are one of the regulars

no one will judge you unless you do it on a busy night

>tfw kindle has a sepia color scheme and nice font
shits great for a quick read

I live in Japan where its more socially acceptable to eat by yourself then with other people.

I watched wakakozake and every ep she eats by herself and it looks comfy
I wish there were more small hole in the wall places by me that you can run in for a quick bite that aren't shitty mcdicks and stuff.

>reading at a bar
This is literally the most try hard faggot tier thing someone can do. Jesus.

I do it when it's early and theres only a few people there.
Reading at the bar when its like 1030 pm is different

Try hard to do what, exactly?

People do a lot of shit at bars. Some read. It's fucking normal.

It looks bad past 5 pm dude. Especially is you're literally sitting AT the bar when it starts to get busy.

Bars are for socializing. Not for you to read and take seats away from people that would like to drink and chat with their friends. You're also fucking over the bartender since you're not likely to order a lot of drinks if you're reading a fucking book. Go to the library queer.

This makes sense desu

>go to resteraunt of choice
>sit down
>order
>eat
>pay
>leave

What’s so fucking hard about it? No one around you will give the slightest fuck that you’re alone or even realize it.

Books, magazines, laptops.

If you want to have fun, go into a restaurant wearing a regular shirt (not a t-shirt) and slacks and carrying a clipboard.

There's a good chance that they'll think you are the health inspector if they don't already know you.

I walked into one restaurant in a nearby town a couple of years ago with a clipboard with some papers to read on it. The waitress took one look at me and asked me to wait a second and then she'd take me back to the kitchen. She was very surprised when I told her that I was just there to eat and I wasn't the health inspector.

The next time I went there, I had my clipboard and a magazine. The waitress that day thought I was a salesman. I guess the magazine, The Economist, looked like a catalog to her.

I told one restaurant owner I've known for years about that and she said that she tells her employees that whenever someone walks in carrying a clipboard, they are to get busy making sure everything is just right.

If you are wearing a suit and tie and reading in a restaurant, people often think you are on a business trip.

Because people here are 90% retards and autists who break sweats and get blurry vision when they have to do the slightst bit of social interaction.

What if the bar close to me is called the library.

By not being a self conscious fat faggot

Cut the food into bite size pieces, place it in the mouth, chew, swallow, repeat.

l-lewd

by myself

>try to force a text conversation onto someone you know whenever you go out because someone in the restaurant might think better of you.
Jesus you fucks are neurotic.

i am 50 : 50 in eating alone. A lot of places I have become a regular because i have kept coming back over the years both alone AND in company.

Idc about being cringy or not, I tip well, order what I want, not just the budget shit and am generally friendly and outgoing. Not too much to it. It is a reciprocal relationship you are building with these people.

orlandofag?

>Fucking over the bartender by not pounding lots of drinks
Oh my God. Those poor, poor bartenders! How ever will they get by?