Filipino cuisine

Filipino cuisine
come on cu/ck/s share your favorites best recipe

Attached: IMG_6808.jpg (4000x3000, 2.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=070fjeBIenY
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/filipino-chocolate-meat-dinuguan-377350
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most powerful cuisine.

Fuck off. No one eats your shitty food, and only fat old white men who can’t get a decent woman marry flip girls. You’re the niggers of Asia. Even your ladyboys are trash, and now we can get shot for trying to buy drugs if we go there. Philippines is the worst country in Asia. It might as well be in the Middle East at this point.

couldn't agree more. +1 internet for you pre

There was a pretty decent Filipino population where I grew up; the girls were all stuck up Catholics/secretly whores and the guys were all want to be gangsters. Some of the food was alright, but that's probably because I didn't actually live in the Philippines so there were a ton of other influences on their cuisine. Just a generally unattractive people.

It depends on what island they were from, from what I understand at least. The women from the largest island are the most snobby and materialist while the women from the smaller islands nearer to the mainland have a tendency to be more family oriented and attractive, and know how to cook.

The larger island women also consider darker skin to be ugly, and like to look like barbie dolls.

I spent a lot of time with both, but we didn't talk about it a lot. I saw some great pictures of some of their homes though, some of the communities look like fucking heaven.

>adobo? hmm what's that?
>boil a chicken in vinegar and soy sauce
>tastes exactly like eating vomit
nice cuisine retards

can't handle superior pinoy cuisine son?

Attached: dopepe.jpg (400x388, 26K)

A lot of people rag on Flip food, but that pig looks delicious as fuck, and the rice doesn't look too bad either. I'm Caribbean, and roast pork and rice is pretty much my blood and sustenance.

What's best to get at Jolibee and what's that creepy mascot supposed to be?

Attached: 1200px-Jollibee_2011_logo.svg.png (1200x1176, 148K)

>dopepe

I'm currently trying to drink myself into passing out so that I don't have to look at all this pepe spam, and I guess I'm getting close because that one actually made me chuckle. Fucking strings. How do they work?

is a bee

don't see it.

I thought lechon was spanish

>being this butthurt

Attached: 5Kg7Y04.jpg (431x450, 72K)

too much soy sauce if it tastes so bad. Good balance of soy sauce and vinegar in addition to decent amounts of garlic and bay leaves gives an amazing taste
pork adobo is usually better though, as the fat goes better with the sauce than the rather lean chicken

how bout now

Attached: TreceMartiresjf0078_09.jpg (1280x1707, 295K)

From my observation from hottest to ugliest places

1. Manila, Cavite
2. Central Luzon
3. Cebu
4. Iloilo
5. Rest of Visayas and Mindanao in general
6. Bicol
7. Ilocos
8. Bangsamoro
998. Cordillera
999. Palawan

>I thought any noodle dish was Chinese
Flip Lechon specifically uses lemongrass, bayleaves and sometimes star anise, and soy sauce as glazing

This.
>flipcarbonara.mkv

sounds like where I grew up in Toronto

>999. Palawan
do they even have food out there?

did the chinese claim it yet?

Attached: ad-astra_1x.png (400x300, 23K)

They have some great seafood and some badjao food too
>did the chinese claim it yet?
Memes aside, China has no interest in Palawan. Only redditors bitch about this

Everyone at our local is a mahu...

Remember that Spain held the Philippines, their food reflects that.

I dated an American-born Filipino (her family spoke Ilocano, not Tagalog) woman for about a year. She didn't cook much but she talked up Flip cuisine quite a bit. I'd be interested to hear what real humans actually think of this stuff.

>chicken adobo
She made this now and then. It seemed...completely adequate and dull.
>arroz caldo
She made this too. It was her bland comfort food when she was sick. Felt like something a white person would accidentally make when they were trying to make Asian food.
>lechon
Talked about her family making this with a pork shoulder.
>lumpia
Her mom apparently made the long, skinny version of these.
>pancit
Forget what this was.
>barquillos
Wrap cookie thing, apparently her favorite brand (Diamond) is out of business.

Can't remember the names, but she also talked about a style of restaurant that translated to "point point" because you'd choose your food by pointing at it. Also mentioned going to a place once that spread banana leaves all over the tables and you ate with your hands.

Oh yeah, I went to a party once and a Flip guy brought "Filipino spaghetti." It was literally spaghetti with ketchup and sliced hotdogs. Gross.

This guy here:
My ex's family was big and poor from south Luzon I think. Her people were short and brown. I got the feeling they have an inferiority complex about the white Manila people, but they were chill and funny about it, in the way a funny fat guy at a party is when he talks about his weight. They also love guns and hate Japanese and blacks.

Shame she had a bunch of low grade mental issues and I had to dump her. Life's too short for insane bitches.

your ex must be absolute shit at cooking if the arroz caldo and adobo were dull

>Ilocos
ah, makes sense now.

>Can't remember the names, but she also talked about a style of restaurant that translated to "point point" because you'd choose your food by pointing at it.
She's talking about cariendria. It's an unbelievably shitty kind of restaurant where the food is put in containers and left there for an entire day swimming in fat and flies. If she considers this good, it's a good thing that you dumped her

>Also mentioned going to a place once that spread banana leaves all over the tables and you ate with your hands.
>going to a place
must have had low IQ then. Boodle fights are usually arranged by families all across Philippines

>She's talking about cariendria. It's an unbelievably shitty kind of restaurant where the food is put in containers and left there for an entire day swimming in fat and flies. If she considers this good, it's a good thing that you dumped her

Now I remember, it was turo turo.

>must have had low IQ then. Boodle fights are usually arranged by families all across Philippines

She grew up in the US and had never been to Flipland. The place she went was a family thing--some friends of her parents owned a restaurant and they did that on a holiday when it was closed.

youtube.com/watch?v=070fjeBIenY

I don't understand people like this. Why not embrace weird food? My girlfriend's family is Taiwanese and they loved how I sat down to lunch with them and started gnawing on chicken feet and tripe.

I feel bad for her. She's so cute.

Jolibee is only good if you're getting it in the Philippines. The fried chicken is good.

Flip food has kind of a low power level compared to it's surroundings, but it's still pretty good and comfy

Come one it's just some fucking roast pork. How picky can you be?

>How picky can you be?

Just think of the kind of white man who would mail order an brown Asian wife.

Hmm, fair point.

Ube. That's about it, really.

Attached: ube.jpg (800x450, 102K)

Isn't ube just a meme-colored sweet potato?

I can understand having some reservations about eating some of their other foods like dinuguan (a sort of blood stew) but this is literally just pork. I'm guessing that this guy is some sheltered city boy.

He's weirded out over roast pork?

What the fuck, is he super jew?

Attached: Bunny Rabbit Damnit 2.jpg (640x458, 82K)

>trash ladyboys
Take that back you fucking liar.
>cuisine
DESU I know it gets shit on. Someone is opening a Flip restaurant over here. Cant wait to try it.

what the fuck why is this peepee so funny

Everyone is forgetting the most powerful Filipino food.

BALUT
A
L
U
T

My last gf would tell me about being a little girl and hearing her father eat these things with the bones crunching in his mouth.

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 23K)

every filipino knows that the ultimate filipino food is Hormel Spam. no other food even comes close.

Filipino chocolate meat is really good
geniuskitchen.com/recipe/filipino-chocolate-meat-dinuguan-377350

Attached: 2503_1410887468.png (600x450, 257K)

lol filipino cuisine is the English cuisine of asia

I'm Filipino and I've had adobo cooked by many different people. I absolutely hate it, it's a shit dish with few redeeming features. Filipino cuisine in general is pretty bad but it is by far one of the worst dishes in that culinary sphere, but Flips love cooking it because it's an easy dish to make.

This is actually a fairly common dish in Southeast Asia and was introduced into the Philippines by Cantonese traders.

why do Americans love Filipino pizza so much? they are not even out of the airport and that's all they ask for

Attached: cc26e64dcca8f0af265f9ca7ad589a3b0be79fcb3cd0d0ae2b5d81e6969e4360_3.jpg (480x480, 15K)

>Filipino pizza

American here. Never heard of this.

>bones

Sounds like the eggs her dad were getting were too far along.

I think that it's the super thin kind you eat off of a paperboard.

the pinnacle of flip cusine

Attached: LawsonProducts_FriedHotdog.png (800x531, 58K)

So it's like mexican pizza?

Yikes, those are some ugly, buck-teethed women.

Attached: 1311994098392-1.jpg (448x473, 25K)

Filipino food is shit tier

They're adorable. In a cute little puppy kind of way.

>I'm gonna get like Dioreeeya or something
He was literally given the pork shoulder not like the intestines or eye balls or something

Bet he eats her filthy third world snatch all the time and doesn't worry about the herpes he is catching

Attached: 1403195341-0.jpg (600x598, 60K)

>Bet he eats her filthy third world snatch all the time and doesn't worry about the herpes he is catching

Flip snatch is primo. Could eat all day long.

>Why do you have angry face
She always looks like that she is Flip
>Yo yo roold
Feel bad for the dad though raised a pretty daughter who gets engaged to a white American (pretty much every Flip's dream come true) roasts a whole pig he can barely afford to feed the guy for 6 hours and he has like a tiny nibble now your daughter's pissed and so is your wife.
Bet that pig tasted moist and delicious though

>Roasts a pig
>Folipino food is so unique and amazing. Filipinos are the strongest race
Asians need to be exterminated. Except the Koreans.

Attached: REally Americans.jpg (600x450, 62K)

>koreans
>spoil some vegetables
>call it cuisine

Japan should screw those gooks all over again.

you only say that cus you like sucking off 6" clits you tranny fucker

Nah, she was an American-born female. 42yo and a freak in bed. You haven't lived until you've been pissed on while eating out a tiny brown girl.

>ISS ROACH RECHON

Attached: QGFM6ZUS.jpg (1820x1820, 203K)

She even says she hadn't had it since she was a kid so the father hasn't gone all like this for any of the births of his 800 little pinoylets running around

I have a Mexican neighbor that roasts pigs like this. So uh, what you posted is Mexican and not philipino. Sorry.

fried chicken my nigga

>Not going to the provinces

Bicol has top tier food. Same with Illocos Norte

Does anyone have a link to the video of the filipino girl making that horrible "carbonara"?

>link to the video

Just fucking google it if you actually want the vid and not the webum, retard.

Just fucking kill yourself you self hating cuck

>vietnamese
>boil some beef shank
>add rice noodles
>gets called one of the greatest asian cuisines

>japanese
>add fish on rice
>gets called greatest cuisine

>korean
>add spam and insta noodles to kimchi soup
>extempt from user’s extermination list

Attached: 3BF65F07-C9FF-4A2F-8CF1-62EF98A9901D.png (488x463, 28K)

it tastes exactly the same. its only better in the philippines because the average food in the philippines is awful.

This is you

The fried chicken is miles better you drooling retard

>low power level
How exactly? Are you one of those morons who bitch about ‘muh lack of Indian spices’?
Only countries that uses alot of those are actually just Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore(literally same cuisine), China, Thailand and probably Cambodia too.
They got alot of comfy and great broth dishes like Vietnam, lot’s of dishes incorporating coconut in some way, plenty of Chinese influenced dishes and overall a great selection of unique dishes

Never understood why someone would call it low hanging compared to others other than picky mumis bois who probably don’t like food from other countries too

I tried the chicken at the Singapore outlet and all I can taste is salt.

Fucking hate anthropomorphised animals.

the philippines is the only country ive been to where i ate food i disliked almost every day not to mention the quality of their street food is among the worst ive seen. i tried everything i could find and concluded there are only about 5, maybe 10, dishes worth remembering.

What did you even eat
>street food
Their BBQ is objectively great, deep fried stuffs is kinda good too, and soups can be very good
If you mostly ate at cariendrias, I’m sorry to say that you have to try again

Muzzas will ban it soon anyhow

>not to mention the quality of their street food is among the worst ive seen
I don't know how you could say that

Attached: pagpag.gif (766x402, 229K)

i spent almost 3 months in the philippines so i tried pretty much every dish i'm aware of.
>i ate food i disliked almost every day
to clarify i mean when i was trying new dishes and trying new stuff daily. in the end i ended up sticking to what i liked.
of course bbq is always good but most of what i had seemed lifted straight from the american south.

>doesn’t even mention what he tried
>of course bbq is always good but most of what i had seemed lifted straight from the american south.
Wut? The barbecue in Philippines is made in a marinade of soy sauce, calamansi, garlic, and banana sauce. It’s basically nearly polar opposites unless you consider satay to be like South American BBQ too

>the american south
>south america

Are you one of those uneducated europoors who think that "America" is a continent?

I implied dixie states

There are no dixie states in south america.

>>doesn’t even mention what he tried
literally google filipino food and ive tried everything that pops up
anyway i had bbq a few times and i only remember it being how you described once, the other times it was as if they used american bbq sauce straight from the bottle.

anyway ill list my favorites

bicol express
adobo
lomi
bulalo
kare kare
sisig
caldereta
longganisa
lumpia

now that im thinking more about it i remember the quality/recipe fluctuating so often in the philippines. i remember having lomi at one restaraunt for lunch and thinking its the best thing ive tried yet then going for a similar restaraunt for dinner and being completely disappointed.

Allright then, what were the things you didn’t like?
>now that im thinking more about it i remember the quality/recipe fluctuating so often in the philippines. i remember having lomi at one restaraunt for lunch and thinking its the best thing ive tried yet then going for a similar restaraunt for dinner and being completely disappointed.
This is the problem when almost all your skilled chefs either work abroad, in the top restaurants in malls, are retired or dead.
It’s more of a hit and miss than other countries because some of the cooks are literal retards with no patience

By the way, did you try batchoy, pinangat, the different sinigang variants, laing, lugaw/arroz caldo(topped with calamansi, fish sauce, chili oil and fried garlic), other pancit variants like langlang, molo, bato and batil patong, curacha, dinuguan, different ginataan dishes, binukadkad na plapla, ukoy, asado, crispy pata, pata tim, sibot, beef kulma, gising-gising, beef salpicao, humba, bopis, tinuog, tinola, tinalarang manok, dinengdeng, bagnet, poqui-pogui
Ah fuck there’s so much more but I can’t list it all

pretty much every fish, liver, noodle dish i tried was subpar. i also dont care for the plain garlic rice pinoys like to eat with everything. sinigang, chop suey, really any kind of mainly vegetable dish i found to be mediocre also i hate okra so that could be a factor there.
its hard to remember all the dishes i didnt like but i know ive tried many of those

If a flip cooks you adobo and it tastes terrible, you're better off leaving that person completely.

Also, I've yet to see a flip food thread that haven't gone full /int/

user, he listed a whole lot of words so obviously you're wrong. Just deal with it.

>pretty much every fish, liver, noodle dish i tried was subpar
I seriously think the only fish you’ve eaten is some burnt tilapia. Binukadkad na plapla and dinengdeng are one of the best fish dishes I’ve tried. There aren’t much plain liver dishes, so no idea what youre talking about here. Did you only eat precooked pancit canton? Then it’s understandable that it was subpar. Freshly cooked pancit canton is pretty good. Squeezing some calamansi ontop makes it similar to pad thai in taste. You should try the other ones i listed

>sinigang
>mediocre
I believe you dont like tom yum and canh chua ca either

>be american
>eat fires and burgers with bare hands
>goes on about indians eating with their shit stained hand, when apparently americans don't wash their hands after using toilet paper to wipe their greasy ass

eh ive tried probably half the ones he mentioned
thats funny you say that because i only tried the fish if they said it was tilapia. i ate at all kinds of restaraunts from street food, fast food, restaraunts, even a few relatively high end places. i dont believe filipino food is bad inherently i just believe most of readily accessible cheaper food is really bad compared to other countries ive been to and also the ingredient quality is often shit. the philippines in general is just bad value comparatively. id try filipino food again but unfortunately i will probably never go back there and there are no restaurants around here.

>I believe you dont like tom yum and canh chua ca either
tom yum is usually good but youre mostly right

This makes me wildly uncomfortable. Do people really see this and find it appetizing? I mean, I'm sure it smells good, but to me it literally just looks like an animal corpse.