Pennsylvania...stop

Pennsylvania...stop.

Attached: 3DFB2791-5FBF-4DF8-855C-896CF95B64DE.jpg (1242x1893, 1.17M)

Philly should leave pizza alone.

>Faux News

Nasty.

It is from Scarpetta, a restaurant pretty much started by popularity of their vodka tomato sauce...so it's whatever media coverage they need to get a new chunk of popularity. Scott Connant was the celebrity chef creator of the concept (now a chain). If someone wants to vodka infuse pizza dough, it's actually already part of the secret recipe to good batters and doughs. Nothing new there.

Thanks Captain Obvious

>Obvious
According to every reply besides yours, mine, and the op, it's evidently not so obvious.

>Have to beg the state for alcohol
>Domino's delivers alcohol pizza
Oh Penn"s Sylvania.

Read the thread, retard

I did. That's how I came upon my conclusion. If it's not obvious to you, you should reread the previous replies to better comprehend things that were said!

If you read the thread why did you make a stupid comment that is painfully obvious to anyone who has been browsing Veeky Forums for more than a month you newfag?

I was merely saying that your statement was mistaken, as the things that other user mentioned were clearly not obvious to a majority of the people who have posted in this thread. It is not obvious If you're the only who was aware of that knowledge previously. There is no need for the namecalling, mister.

I think vodka is sometimes used in pastry crusts. Vodka (good stuff at least) is basically just water and ethanol, so it's probably used for that property, rather than any flavour effect

I didn’t know anything in his original post and learned something from it you bully

Attached: A4DFD384-2936-4476-B5FF-72D4AFB2E35E.png (933x975, 465K)

It was implicitly implied by the original topic at hand. Maybe if you weren't such a newfag and you actually lurked you would know that we already knew that.
Samefag

This is my comment.
Of course it wasn't obvious to the posters above my post. Also it wasn't obvious to the reporters from this post and others who commented on the article by acting like this pizza was some kind of way to get buzzed or skip the bar entirely. In fact, all of the reporters were equally ignorant, and not just the one selected to start this thread. It might also not be obvious to most posters that alcohol-soluble flavors taste good, and not necessarily the nearly flavorless vodka, but what it does to the overall experience just having an extra something that the average person wouldn't understand why but certainly notice it tasted better. So it's genius, but it's also a huge gimmick. These reporters were fed an outrageous headline and they ran with it. That's how marketing works in today''s social media, a literal carrot dangled to get you to get past the headline to the ad. It's shoddy journalism, and since it's not obvious public knowledge to know about alcohol-soluble flavors, it is believed to be something stupid, and really it mostly is. It'd be enough to just have the sauce delicious. A crust simply might be crispier on the bottom.

Tell me more about infusing doughs with vodka, why would that be an advantage?
Won't the large majority of the alcohol have evaporated and therefore not be able to act as a solvent for flavor compounds?

I ought to try some of that 'nia 'za some day.

As another said, it’s typically only used for pastry crust where the objective is very flakey texture. It steams up faster than water, and alcohol supposedly inhibits gluten development, but I have never seen a reliable source. As far as it being used in sauces, it’s typically for it to act as a solvent, while adding a very mild undertone flavor.

Let's make sure to keep ignoring this post, it's too intelligent.

So what's the point of having to be 21 to order it, then? Just a gimmick?

I would guess so. Maybe they worked enough alcohol into it to put it on par with beer or something like that, but I seriously doubt it.

I didn’t know about that here in
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
, I just like laughing at your inept and morbidly obese shithole.

If it had enough alcohol in it to be like a beer, wouldn't the taste be affected in kind of a bad way? Like sour or something. All of the articles on it are useless.

It would have some booze flavor, yes, but it is possible to do that kind of stuff in a not bad way. I mean, taste is subjective to a degree, but I think the vast majority of people would agree that not all alcoholic drinks taste bad, even those who may think that most do. Think of things like pina coladas, strawberry daiquiris, bloody mary's, appletinis, and many liqueurs. All those can be quite high in ABV, yet taste very good to most people who say they do not like that taste of alcoholic drinks.

I think everyone knows who the newfag is. Not new to this site, but newto this board. It’s obvious you’ve been on /b/ for ages. Maybe a year or so. Perhaps you should return. We won’t mind.

hey dude wanna grab a 'dka 'za? I heard it gets you wasted dude! Let's try it dude, you'll pussy out dude

scarpetta is not the same as pizza

Wait, so is it like beer battered food where there's only the vaguest taste of alcohol in it or will that pizza actually get me drunk?