HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE PERFECT NON STICKY RICE!!!!

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MAKE PERFECT NON STICKY RICE!!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I just can't seem to get it right, it's always too mushy and sticky.

Am I fucked as a cook?

Attached: 1518590185464.jpg (2048x2048, 274K)

Other urls found in this thread:

masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Articles/CookingRiceOnTheStove.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0044848612004115
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd say yes, you're pretty much fucked.

Buy long grain rice

Stop putting in so much water you dumbfuck.

These unironically.

Rice is sticky because of starch. Just wash off the starch retard.

how much should I use?

Non meme answer:
I posted this in another thread yesterday. I’ve used this method for a couple years and my rice is literally perfect every single time with no effort. The instructions are incredibly simple but follow them, I’ve shown this to other people and watched them fuck it up. Perfect fluffy rice is coming your way if you do this

masterstech-home.com/The_Kitchen/Articles/CookingRiceOnTheStove.html

this seems like a good method to me, i do about the same thing but with muh euro measuring preciseness skills and it comes out good enough for my liking. going to try this next time i make it, only difference for me is that i keep it covered pretty much the entire process but truly steaming it seems like a good idea.

>using your finger to measure
honestly, fuck yourself. this may work for some people, but it's such a bad way of doing it. too many variables. just measure the rice and water

No dickhead. It works regardless of pot size, amount of rice, in fact those are the only real variables you retard. It works. Just do it.

WASH YOUR RICE YOU BIG DUMBO IDIOT

Attached: stephen hawkings.png (491x474, 39K)

Wash your rice until the water becomes clear.
Don't put too much water, 1-1,2 cup water for 1 cup of rice is enough.
If you're using rice cooker, even if the switch says it's done, wait a bit (15-30 minutes) before you open it.
Trust me, I'm asian.

bring to a boil, turn down to simmer and don't take the fucking lid off too early, don't peek, don't stir, don't do shit. that's where people usually fuck up.

Short grain rice is stickier than long, so use long. Rinse the extra starch off it before cooking. Use a less than 2:1 water:rice ratio.

>wash rice
>drain fully
>add rice into pot with correct ratio of water
>bring to the boil
>cover and reduce heat

You guys are all just memeing him right? None of you actually are dumb enough to rinse your rice, right?

In most cultures where rice is the staple starch the rice is rinsed before use. This is discouraged in Burgerland because the rice is usually enriched with some kind of vitamin bullshit, the same way they spike the milk with Vitamin D and lace the salt with iodine. So it's probably not a bad idea to rinse off some of those FDA recommendations.

You sound like an Alex Jones-tier conspiracy nut. I suggest you take you and your washed rice back to /pol/. Or, take all the time you could be saving yourself by not wasting it washing rice and educate yourself.

>milk isn't enriched with Vit D for bones
>salt isn't enriched with iodine to prevent goiter
>bread isn't enriched with thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folate to prevent a host of diseases

>brown rice doesn't have significantly higher arsenic levels
Retard.

I'll just continue rinsing it. Works for me. And it has nothing to do with conspiracies. I just don't believe the FDA and USDA could have my best interests at heart even if they meant to. The science they use isn't all that up to date, and the decisions they make are as much political and economic as they are scientific. They don't recommend I drink milk every day because it's a good idea. They do it because during the Depression it was a way to get some nutrition into people who couldn't afford meat, and they've been propping up the dairy industry ever since. That's not a conspiracy, just a political and economic reality. But it doesn't mean I'm gonna drink milk. Or eat enriched white bread/rice, or use iodized salt. These things only exist because they were convenient and profitable solutions to problems from the past. Problems I don't have.

It's not the enrichment that makes you a conspira-tard. It's your connotations with this being a negative thing, as if some part of the government's eval plot. I bet you also bitch about fluoride in the water, right?

>It's your connotations with this being a negative thing, as if some part of the government's eval plot.
It is a negative thing, in that it allows cheap, mass produced products to claim to be as nutritious as better quality products. If you're retarded enough to think enriched white bread is as nutritious as a wholegrain sourdough you make yourself you can buy that shit. Yeah, synthetic vitamins are cheap to make, so they can be used to enrich any kind of garbage tier food. But enriched garbage is still garbage.

>phytoestrogens in water supply made half of fish species change gender
>this is ok

>da watur is turning da frogz gay!!11!

/pol/ is that way, MAGApedes.

>any science I don't agree with is /pol/
Ooh, ooh! Call me an alt right nazi next!

>science
>baseless conjecture found on infowars

Try posting actual studies next time

sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0044848612004115

wash it

I said nothing about water. Though if I drank water with Fluoride in it and developed thyroid problems I'd probably be pissed off and and suspicious. As for what else might be in the water and how it effects us, we'll find out soon enough.

My point about enriched foods stands. They exist to solve problems I don't have. I can afford to eat a good diet. So I don't need to eat cheap enriched products that aim to supplement a shit diet.

First of all, jesus. Second, stop falling for the 2:1 meme. Most rice takes much less water. Calrose is 1.25:1, long grain like basmati is 1.5:1. Google your rice, to find the right ratio.

You say non sticky, so lemme spell this shit out for you. Rinse two cups of basmati rice in a colander or strainer until the water runs clear. Put the rice in your pot, and add a pinch of salt (for this much rice, probably like, a teaspoon). Add three cups of water, and bring to boil. Lower to a very soft simmer and lid it. Let the rice simmer for about 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before opening the lid. It's important not to open the lid during the cooking process, because you want that steam in the pot cooking the rice.

It's how the science is applied. In the case of enriched foods it's a WWII Home Economics mentality that's pretty outdated. Think about those times. We'd just come through the Depression where Americans actually starved to death. Suddenly vitamins are discovered, along with the fact that a significant portion of the population is suffering from some kind of nutrient deficiency because of the cheap, industrially produced foods they consumed. So as soon as it becomes possible to cheaply synthesize those nutrients the government encourages (or mandates) they get added to those cheap foods. Problem solved.

But over half a century later I'm not eating a 1940's-50's diet. I have no reason to eat foods created by the cutting edge technology of that era to solve problems I don't have.

It doesn't work for any pot size or amount of rice. The dimensions of the pan are variables and so is the size of your finger. To visualize why it wont always work, imagine a very narrow pot 3/4 full of rice and covered by only a knuckle of water. The ratio of rice to water would be completely wrong even accounting for the water between the grains of rice.

It's a trick that *kind of* works for making a small amount of rice at home in the kind of pot most people would use. When you don't care about quality or consistency. It's a completely shit method. You shouldn't recommend it. You said yourself that people fuck it up when they try it that way.

>You said yourself that people fuck it up when they try it that way.
No, I said people fuck it up when they don't follow the simple directions. The fact that you can't even follow my three sentence post properly indicates you really don't know shit. Enjoy your subpar rice, like I said, it's perfect for me every single time.

How is it dumb to rinse the rice if it's the correct thing to do?

gonna try it.

he's right tho, no conspiracy. In fact store bought milk would be total if it weren't enriched with vitamins and calcium.

Use brown rice like an adult.

Wash the fuck out if it until the water is clear.
Use a rice cooker.

Rice cooker