Burger4burger

how should I improve my burger patties? I'm pretty new to the game, so this will be my third time making them myself.

right now, this is more or less my 'recipe':
salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, and worcestershire sauce mixed together. it tastes pretty good, surprisingly, but I almost wonder if it's TOO much stuff.

today, I want to try making a few Jucy Lucy's and I'm a bit worried about creating a tight enough meat-seal. anything in particular that I should add to make the meat more... sealable? or should I just do it with this current recipe and throw some cheese in the middle?

open to all burger and burger related advice. yes, I am from burger land.

Attached: burger for burger.jpg (1173x1004, 352K)

All you need is salt and pepper m8.

but... that's boring

burger purist fags will harsh you for using eggs and breadcrumbs cause muh meatloaf but it's just as tasty
flip burgers one time if you can
i like to mix caramelized onions into the meat mix
i also use more seasonings than you, mainly
>montreal steak seasoning (salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic, paprika)
>cumin
>chili powder
>cayenne powder
>smoked paprika
>wershersher sauce
>sauteed garlic
jucy lucys are a meme, just find a good cheese to top it with.

I'd suggest adding some beef to that recipe. Perhaps ground beef even.

Other than that, yes it does seem like a bit too much. I'd drop the onion, egg, breadcrumbs and maybe even worcestershire sauce.

I've heard the meatloaf thing before but it didn't taste anything like it to me. the first time I didn't use any and they tasted pretty good too, so maybe I'll drop it. the thought caramelized onions are making my mouth water atm so I'll have to do that.

I do enjoy a nice Jucy Lucy ever now and then personally, but I can see how actually making them yourselves might not be worth it. It was mostly just going to be an experiment but maybe I'll skip that for now.

I figured the ground beef part was implied.
but yeah, I think I'll skip the egg and breadcrumbs. not the onions though.

I just throw them in the oven, add cheese to melt before they are done.

hai pee poe

If I want to make a hamburger, is there a way to get only one bun? If I buy a whole pack, it always ends up going bad before I use it up.

Neither one of these things is a hamburger. You should be ashamed.

You could just freeze them...

100% beef, breadcrumbs and fillers are for meatloaves

puristfag spotted
take a chill pill and eat the goddamn sandwich it's still good

Add onion as a topping. If it's inside it won't do much other than make your burger inconsistent.

Salt and pepper in the burger, seasoning salt on the burger. If your meat doesn’t taste good without a bunch of shit added to it, you’re using bad meat.

I believe to make truly great burgers you need your own meat grinder and different types of meat to grind together into the patty.

>salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, and worcestershire sauce mixed together. it tastes pretty good, surprisingly, but I almost wonder if it's TOO much stuff.

I used to make burgers that way too, but it is too much stuff user. Remember this: you aren't making meatloaf. Repeat this to yourself when you're about to make patties "I am making burgers, not meat loaf"
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication and so long as there is a decent amount of fat in your beef you should only need a bit of salt and pepper for a solid flavor.

gross and soggy

people make them the meatloaf way because they're shit at cooking them and way overcook them

No, grind your own meat; use fat/lean ratios and cuts that taste better to you. If you need anything other than salt then your meat is shitty.

alright, OP here. I used nothing but salt and pepper with carmalized onions for a topping. they were quite good.

thanks for the input everyone.

I tried the egg/breadcrumbs thing because I saw it in a few patty recipes online. it tasted nothing like meatloaf to me but I can see why it's unnecessary in terms of flavor.