Burger4burger

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

how should I improve my burger patties? I'm pretty new to the game, so this will be my third time making them myself.

right now, this is more or less my 'recipe':
salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, and worcestershire sauce mixed together. it tastes pretty good, surprisingly, but I almost wonder if it's TOO much stuff.

today, I want to try making a few Jucy Lucy's and I'm a bit worried about creating a tight enough meat-seal. anything in particular that I should add to make the meat more... sealable? or should I just do it with this current recipe and throw some cheese in the middle?

open to all burger and burger related advice. yes, I am from burger land.

Attached: burger-for-burger.jpg (352 KB, 1173x1004)

All urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

TechHater
TechHater

All you need is salt and pepper m8.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

but... that's boring

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

burger purist fags will harsh you for using eggs and breadcrumbs cause muh meatloaf but it's just as tasty
flip burgers one time if you can
i like to mix caramelized onions into the meat mix
i also use more seasonings than you, mainly
montreal steak seasoning (salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic, paprika)
cumin
chili powder
cayenne powder
smoked paprika
wershersher sauce
sauteed garlic
jucy lucys are a meme, just find a good cheese to top it with.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

I'd suggest adding some beef to that recipe. Perhaps ground beef even.

Other than that, yes it does seem like a bit too much. I'd drop the onion, egg, breadcrumbs and maybe even worcestershire sauce.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

I've heard the meatloaf thing before but it didn't taste anything like it to me. the first time I didn't use any and they tasted pretty good too, so maybe I'll drop it. the thought caramelized onions are making my mouth water atm so I'll have to do that.

I do enjoy a nice Jucy Lucy ever now and then personally, but I can see how actually making them yourselves might not be worth it. It was mostly just going to be an experiment but maybe I'll skip that for now.

I figured the ground beef part was implied.
but yeah, I think I'll skip the egg and breadcrumbs. not the onions though.

askme
askme

I just throw them in the oven, add cheese to melt before they are done.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

hai pee poe

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

If I want to make a hamburger, is there a way to get only one bun? If I buy a whole pack, it always ends up going bad before I use it up.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Neither one of these things is a hamburger. You should be ashamed.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

You could just freeze them...

Nojokur
Nojokur

100% beef, breadcrumbs and fillers are for meatloaves

Supergrass
Supergrass

puristfag spotted
take a chill pill and eat the goddamn sandwich it's still good

FastChef
FastChef

Add onion as a topping. If it's inside it won't do much other than make your burger inconsistent.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Salt and pepper in the burger, seasoning salt on the burger. If your meat doesn’t taste good without a bunch of shit added to it, you’re using bad meat.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I believe to make truly great burgers you need your own meat grinder and different types of meat to grind together into the patty.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

salt, black pepper, garlic, onion, egg, breadcrumbs, and worcestershire sauce mixed together. it tastes pretty good, surprisingly, but I almost wonder if it's TOO much stuff.

I used to make burgers that way too, but it is too much stuff user. Remember this: you aren't making meatloaf. Repeat this to yourself when you're about to make patties "I am making burgers, not meat loaf"
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication and so long as there is a decent amount of fat in your beef you should only need a bit of salt and pepper for a solid flavor.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

gross and soggy

MPmaster
MPmaster

people make them the meatloaf way because they're shit at cooking them and way overcook them

takes2long
takes2long

No, grind your own meat; use fat/lean ratios and cuts that taste better to you. If you need anything other than salt then your meat is shitty.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

alright, OP here. I used nothing but salt and pepper with carmalized onions for a topping. they were quite good.

thanks for the input everyone.

I tried the egg/breadcrumbs thing because I saw it in a few patty recipes online. it tasted nothing like meatloaf to me but I can see why it's unnecessary in terms of flavor.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit