What would happen if I used milk or buttermilk instead of water for pizza dough?

What would happen if I used milk or buttermilk instead of water for pizza dough?

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 1.44M)

E N R I C H E D

The crust would get fluffier and oilier.

next you could replace oil with honey

and flour with quinoa

and dont forget to add pineapple and bananas on top

and mozzarella with soy mozzarella

And tomatoes with plum butter

Can one of you fucking cunts just give me a straight answer?

plum butter

Try it and see what happens. Cooking is about being experimental.

It would be extremely gainful

>expecting a straight answer
Reddit is that way my friend.

Attached: 02b.jpg (257x196, 9K)

Make two doughs
One that you're going to ruin with buttermilk
One that you're gonna make with water

Underage /b/ poster detected

Not since 2013 desu. Now its all about /sp/, Veeky Forums, /gif/, and [spoiler]/gsg/[/spoiler]

I like replacing 1/3 of the water wit whole milk to make breads richer. Cooks about the same. Your mileage may vary.

Every time I see this image I get mad

this.
i personally prefer having at least some milk in the dough

I find it makes my pizza dough easier to work with if I'm doing an overnight cold rise as well. I usually swap out 1/2 a cup of water for milk in the recipe and that's enough for working in my kitchen anyway.

The fat in the milk will inhibit gluten development in the dough. To some extent this may be a good thing, as the baked crust will be more tender. It may however prevent you from getting the dough very thin without it breaking. You'll have to adjust the amount you're kneading. The fat and the milk solids will also enhance browning during baking.

Buttermilk will have quite different effects. It generally has less fat than milk, so it would not inhibit gluten development to the same degree. If it's cultured buttermilk, it will be acidic which will cause fermentation to be slower. The lactic acid culture might also start fermenting the dough, giving it a sourdough-like flavor. Also the acidified dough will not brown as well in the oven, as low pH will inhibit the Maillard reaction.

Thanks for the response lad, appreciate it.