What's the secret to airy neapolitan style pizza? Can it be done in a regular oven without pizza stone?

What's the secret to airy neapolitan style pizza? Can it be done in a regular oven without pizza stone?

Attached: 600x448xnaples-food-italy-pizza-travel.jpg.pagespeed.ic.5n7napdlvk.jpg (1024x765, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Antimo-Caputo/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_3017088011?ie=UTF8&node=3017088011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Antimo Caputo)
youtube.com/watch?v=i4D0xh8G9oA
youtube.com/watch?v=3NwgXHw8_Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Px9QTkPu2pE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What's the secret
A slow rising dough that's been allowed to ferment for at least 24 hours and high heat in the pizza oven.

>Can it be done in a regular oven
Yes.

>without pizza stone?
You could probably get away with it using cast iron or a cookie sheet as your "pizza stone".

The key is to place whatever you'll use as your pizza stone right below the broiler in the oven top, then use the broiler to get the oven as hot as it can get. Then, leaving the broiler on, slide the pizza onto the stone and cook for 2 mins, then pull it out and rotate it, then cook it again for another few minutes until it's done. Should take 6 mins or less to cook an entire pizza, and the crust will bubble up nicely if you made your dough right.

I'm making my first ever pizza soon, have my dough in the cupboard for another hour to prove and having chicken, mozarella spinach and the other toppings in pic.
Made the sauce with fried garlic and canned tomatos with some ital herbs in then blitzed after reducing.
I really hope this doesnt tirn out to be a bag of shit.

Attached: IMG-20180323-WA0015.jpg (4032x2268, 772K)

Can I get your ideal dough recipe?
I just had 300g strong white flour, teaspoon of yeast, salt and that was it.

You need 800F. That's rare in a regular oven.

It takes a sick and twisted fuck to put green olives on a pizza

feet
Like I say, first ever pizza attempt. I guess I'll just out them on a qualter of it to begin with.

All purpose flour is not that good for pizza, it's better to use 00 type flour or bread flour. Spread the dough thin as it will rise in the oven, best to do it by hand using gravity like the pizza bakers do, you won't be as skillful as a pizza baker but you should be able to manage.
Turn up the broiler/grill in the oven to max and wait until it's as hot as it gets, put the pizza directly under the broiler on the very top. Best to put the pizza directly onto the hot baking tray since I guess you don't got a pizza stone. Alternatively you can also put the plain spread dough in the bottom shelf of the hot oven, let it rise a bit for crispier bottom and then put it on the top shelf directly under the broiler.

>hold your painted toenails into the image for no fucking reason at all
it's just physically impossible for the female brain to not try to be the center of attention for once

Not my hand you tit, I'm a male.

tell your gf or sister or whatever to stop whoring for attention in your images

Thanks, will give that a try.

There are tricks but there isn't a way to do do it authentically in a normal oven.

One method is to pre-heat the tray you're using then putting the pizza on it. Another is to drop a glass of water in your oven. Another is to heat the dough for a minute or so in the oven, take it out, then add your sauce and toppings. I find option three a decent cheat.

Holy shit lol calm down dude, I couldnt give two shits if my niece got her hand in my photo. I'm talking about pizza dough, not manicures.

jesus christ mate you sound like a spergy incel.

t. roastie

>be me
>be a cultured and independent young gentleman not living under the boot of a f*male
>face hate and discrimination for voicing my opinions
sad!

I hope you're just a really good troll and not actually like this.

you need to go back to your roots. find the man inside yourself and learn that being independent - and manly - is right! you don't need to listen to no fucking roastie
good luck, bro

>>be me
Who the fuck else are you supposed to be?

Opinion on using tomatoes as a topping?
Too much liquid in them or if cut thinly enough are they ok?

You saw the hand/foot of what appeared to be a woman and freaked out as that obviously meant they were an attention whore.

You don't see that as fucked up. No actual manly person thinks this way.

the soy is strong in you brother
i recommend lifting and supplementary testosterone
eat lots of meat too

decent flour and enough time to let the dough rise multiple times
(like this amazon.com/Antimo-Caputo/b/ref=bl_dp_s_web_3017088011?ie=UTF8&node=3017088011&field-lbr_brands_browse-bin=Antimo Caputo)
spreading a little bit of butter underneath the pizza helps aswell if you dont have a pizza stone

Thought an update was appropriate, my pizza turned out to be hot garbage.
Way too salty with the chorizo and olives.
Thanks for all the advice though, will try again with more research.

Attached: IMG-20180323-WA0067.jpg (4032x2268, 1.08M)

It's a meme you dip

What the fuck is that?

>chicken
What in the GODDAMN FUCK are you doing?!

No, just fucking stop.

never ever change, Veeky Forums

You posted this in the other pizza thread, retard. Literally nobody actually thinks that chicken on pizza is weird. Fuck off with trying to force a retarded new meme, or whatever you're doing.

try putting it to the bottom of the oven
looks like you burnt it with the grill setting
also brush the edges with olive oil
or
you can also try water or ice cubes, it should stop the dough from burning to crisp like that

add neapolitan ice cream

I do.
No go fuck your spic mother, California

>You posted this in the other pizza thread, retard.
I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Go suck a dick nigger.

tbf the only edible chicken pizza I've had was frozen dr. oetker
every time I've had one at a pizza place the chicken has been terribad

>yuropoor
>knowing anything about pizza

pizza is greek flatbread pastry with toppings, my amerimuttican friend

>t. never been to greece, or even a country with a greek population

Seriously. it's not that bad for your first pizza. Keep working on it. Your first pizza is expected to turn out not that great.Looks edible and that's all that matters.Pic related was a pizza I made some time ago. It's not quite napoli style pizza dough, but I keep working on it.(It's a Tarte flambée, but that's besides the point)

Attached: Pizza (27).jpg (3968x2976, 2.46M)

>blitzed
>chicken
>green olives
Please die and never come back.

JuSt USe ThE SeLf CleAn SetTiNg

>neapolitan style pizza
common typo, it's actually spelled "proper pizza"
could also be spelled "real pizza"

yes, there's a trick you can do. Here's the video youtube.com/watch?v=i4D0xh8G9oA

You're mentally ill mate.

back ro rêddit, roastie

Italian here.
The secret is preparing the dough in advance and let it rise slowly.
It can be done in a regular oven with great results, if you begin cooking it in a pan and transfer it on the preheated oven on the higher shelf, when the underside has browned enough.

For a dough (250gr flour = 2 pizza) you can either use 1gr of freash yeast and let it rest covered in the fridge for 24h (best digeribility) taking it out one hour before you need it, or you can prepare the dough in the morning with 3gr of fresh yeast and let it rest outside until the moment you need it.

When you are ready, shape the pizza, put it on the pan and add tomato and topping and begin heating at medium heat. Check the browning progress when the underside solidifies.
The moment it appeases you move the pizza to the preheated oven (245°C or grill) on the upper layer.
Don't be afraid if the mozzarella boils, that will take care of the excess water.
When it's browned to your tastes take it out and eat it.

I can give you more specific instructions on the dough and cooking if you need, but making pizzas is really easy once you get the basic tricks.

Attached: goodlookingpizza.jpg (1280x720, 285K)

this image disgusts me in many ways

holy fuck

Attached: progun.png (502x360, 123K)

>appeases
spreading the dough so it doesnt strech back, also not getting holes in it

There are various techniques:
youtube.com/watch?v=3NwgXHw8_Ls
youtube.com/watch?v=Px9QTkPu2pE

Keep in mind that a good pizza dough should have 60% hydration. That will help later when spreading it giving you more elasticity.
But even if a hole appears you can simply mend it back and it will be good.
The first times will be hard and time consuming, but you'll get better and faster.