What’s the last thing you baked Veeky Forums?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Just baked a batch of Guinness Chocolate cupcakes with St Brendan’s Creamcheese frosting, given we had left over Guineas from St. Paddy’s day.

Attached: D4E4D95D-9ACF-4B5D-8E17-16D2950F50D4.jpg (1.4 MB, 2448x2448)

All urls found in this thread:

chefsteps.com/activities/caneles--2

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

The last thing I baked was a Viennese Apfelstrudel. It was the most popular thing at my company's bake sale.

RavySnake
RavySnake

You baked it with alcohol, correct? How did you ensure the cupcake didn't turn out dry? I made cupcakes with bailey's irish cream and it made it far too dry for anyone's taste.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Peanut butter cookies. I was going to make a peanut sauce to layer on them but I was too tired and too drunk to do that for my coworkers.

Attached: IMG-20180323-WA0000.jpg (1.29 MB, 4032x2268)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Baked a 2-in-1 pie -- half main, half dessert. Turned out fantastic.

Evilember
Evilember

I baked more canele this evening.

Attached: 20180323-215411-1.jpg (1008 KB, 2365x2114)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Inside

Attached: 20180323-221112-1.jpg (653 KB, 2109x2370)

takes2long
takes2long

Beautiful

massdebater
massdebater

Attached: 1511384676140.png (518 KB, 800x469)

DeathDog
DeathDog

I should likely stop making these as often as I do, while good, I feel that my roommate is getting fat as he eats most of them and is lookin bigger lately.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

First baked batch from the same batter.

Attached: 20180321-215921-1.jpg (895 KB, 2582x1936)

hairygrape
hairygrape

Do you mind posting your recipe? These look devine

RumChicken
RumChicken

using copper molds?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Its just chef recipes batter recipe, I do use white oil to grease the molds though.

Yep.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

chef john's recipe?

WebTool
WebTool

My bad, I wasnt pay enough attention.

chefsteps.com/activities/caneles--2

Bidwell
Bidwell

Now that I am more awake what I do is use the linked recipe.

I dont do anything diffferent save that after the batter is mixed I run it through a sieve to remove as many of the air bubbles as possible, after that I continue as the recipe has you go until it comes time to grease the molds, then I use the traditional mixture of 50% clarified butter and 50% beeswax, I apply it to warm molds then invert them over a baking rack and put them in my fridge to cool down for a few min. Then I pour the batter in the molds put them on a baking sheet on top of my pizza stone and bake them. I had to play around with baking temps and times because I live in a place with a mile of elevation though.

All in all it took me baking a batch nearly daily for two and a half months to get down right because this is the first thing I learned to bake.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

made shortbreads at crimmis

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-24-at-1.17.01-PM.png (2.42 MB, 1152x1540)

MPmaster
MPmaster

a ham

Attached: ham.jpg (7 KB, 251x201)

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Pot waffles

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

casual baker

SniperGod
SniperGod

mfw when I was in SF for St. Patricks Day, watching trolleys and double decker buses full of drunks waving irish flags and screaming going through Chinatown like a bunch of fools.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I guess I am going to make more canele batter today.

Methshot
Methshot

made this focaccia a few weeks ago. baked a ton of bread, profiteroles, and cake since then but theyre not as photogenic

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Attached: 20180324-203915-1.jpg (752 KB, 2336x2141)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Corn bread.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

whoops

Attached: focaccia.png (645 KB, 533x592)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

I dont bake very often, and I wish I could since its so fun and the results so yummy but a few months ago I made some cherry bakewell tarts for a workplace holiday potluck. Absolutely divine.

Attached: LUTC46-XB2TsjmvibLbnstdfvTIB9WCBVxGI9OAII2Q.jpg (125 KB, 1024x523)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit