Sick food

Had a real bad sinus infection that moved into my throat.
What do you guys usually eat when you're sick? I have green tea with lemon, ginger, and honey on the stove but I am curious what Veeky Forums does to cure themselves. Obviously for a stomach bug or the flu it's crackers and ginger ale but I thinking along the lines of a common cold or sore throat.

Attached: 1520628980093.jpg (1560x2194, 1.75M)

chicken and corn soup, wonton soup

fresh horseradish

Attached: nick-offerman-quotes.jpg (620x375, 194K)

Honestly sick food is usually the comfiest food there is

>taking milk and cheese camping

Attached: George-Costanza-eating.jpg (475x416, 22K)

>not taking cheese camping
a hard cheese is one of the best foods you can take
however japanese camping is just like the animes, theres people and vending machines everywhere so its not like once the milk spoils you cant get more easily

anyway its obviously cold enough that milk wouldn't even turn

Japan is basically a decent sized state with insane population density
camping in Japan is like renting a spot on one of the camper lots on Yellowstone during 4th of July weekend then on day three after a full day of fighting with 50 other people to take a photo of the closest buffalo to the road the wife says her back is sore from the air mattress so you rent a room in the lodge
"camping"

Wait do the Japs actually have vending machines at campsites? I know vending machines are like crazy popular over there and the US has just fucktons more open land/wilderness than alot of the rest of the world (when Europeans visit for a tour that is something that always surprises them is we have lots of national parks and we preserve them for the public to camp on) but fuck the idea of setting up a campsite and seeing a vending machine unless it's at like a ranger station kinda makes me sad to think about

>What do you guys usually eat when you're sick?
Zinc lozenges.
Go get some. Right now. Suck on one every two hours. The sooner, the better. Shit's amazing. Nips it in the bud for me every time.

theres vending machines everywhere, random street corners, they're more prevalent than phone booths at the height of phone booth popularity

>whole chicken
>Cut off all the pieces
>boil carcass for a few hours with
>sliced ginger
>sliced fresh tumeric
>kaffir lime leaves
>lemongrass
>pepper
>salt
skimming for fat

Vegetable soup. Cauliflower, broccoli, potato, carrot, onion, celery. Put in a pot of water. Boil until soft. Put in a blender. Enjoy with a piece of stale bread and some wine.

Boss u gotta drink a lot of tea with honey

I got pretty sick last week. Tonsils became swollen and had lots of white spots, fever, aching muscles and fatigue.
I couldn't be fucked cooking at all, so I stocked up on some chicken noodle soup my supermarket has. It's fresh stuff and really good.
In the morning I'd either take lemsip or cold&flu tablets and eat soup for lunch.

OP here I'm lurking and will probably head to the grocery store tomorrow since it's a bit late where I am right now but I will be taking all these into consideration. I am already drinking plenty of green tea with honey.
Keep the suggestions coming though I like the idea of what people want when you are sick they are usually foods that are norishing and full of vitamins with spices as well as not being too heavy. I know different cultures approach it differently as well

My grandma would gave me hot water with honey and lemon. She called it "potion magique". She passed away. Now just the smell of this beverage makes me miss her so much.

I'm sorry for your lost user she sounds like she was a good grandma

Attached: 1511433624726.jpg (720x518, 32K)

Looks nice, where is this from ? I need some comfy cooking anime suggestion

Attached: 65218a8107f7ec8a800eddc469451f8a.jpg (500x625, 101K)

1. Build large fire in fireplace
2. Take ~500µ LSD
3. Enjoy time in front of fire.
4. Sip hot herbal tea

>break the pasta

Boku no Pico

why the hell did she break the pasta

>Take ~500µ LSD
Enjoy not sleeping for 30 hours

So it can fit in the fucking pan she says it right there you fucking ADHD fucking buster

Same.
Cause of OP's pic I went and looked for it
It's called Yuru Camp

Grate fresh ginger into a cup of boiling water, add honey and lemon juice. Drink at least 3-5 times a day.

I usually start craving garlic

Lsd has a half life

You sound like you had your weeb fantasies crushed by reality.

Attached: egyptian.bedtime.png (679x611, 707K)

Nice. It's even free on crunchyroll

>break the pasta in half

Attached: hmm.jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Enjoy your unevenly cook pasta in a camping mug

>redditroll
:/

Chug some robitussin and try to sleep. I can't eat or drink sometimes when I have a sinus infection. Hurts too much to swallow.

Why is one-pot pasta not more common? What's wrong with cooking pasta in the sauce?

Starch

GOOD hot 'n sour soup, most Chink take-outs make a kinda shitty one, poke around for a decent soup fulla veggies and egg and mushrooms.

Hot Thai curries, good for what ails you.

Eggy toast/toad in the hole/a piece of bread fried with an egg in the middle. Super easy to do while not feeling well, super cheap, pretty easy to hold down, very little clean-up.

Gargle hot salt water every couple hours, smear vapo-rub all over yourself, and eat a whole clove of raw garlic BID. You'll be kinda stinky but better in no time.

If you have a history of sinus problems I'd HIGHLY recommend buying one of those salt-water nasal spray bottles, literally: you pour in warm water, you buy these medicinal salt packs, mix it all in, and then fire it up your nose by squeezing the bottle.
It's the perfect thing for clearing out mucous, congestion, and really just fixes any nose problems you might have. I used to have bad tear duct draining issues and I literally flushed all the mucous out of my face and have sworn by them since.

personally, when im sick i just go for whatever is low effort and provides quick and easy energy and hydration, most commonly - any sort of instant soup, ice cream, rosehip soup and tea with honey.

Hot tea with lemon ginger and a shot of Barenjager of some honey if you can't hold your alcohol.

You know this stuff is shelf stable? You could pack that and take it anywhere.

Attached: Shelf Stable Milk.jpg (450x450, 27K)

>stone-faced moe
Such a stupid trope.

big bowls of pho with lots of chili paste for dipping noodles and bits of beef in

Attached: Vietnamese-Pho-Soup-Recipe-1.jpg (1200x800, 104K)