Fingerfood

I'm looking for sweet ass fingerfood ideas. My goal is to produce excellent food for my coworkers to enjoy. So the ideas need to fit two major criteria:

>edible cold
>fingers only

So far, I have made croissants of various sorts, pains au chocolat, and turnovers with apple and strawberry jam inside. Viennoiseries are the best I could come up with so far and I have had a lot of fun. Sushis come next, but I need more ideas. I've thought of making mini sandwiches or something along those lines.

ITT: fingerfood, cold meals, tiny snacks, cute shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V_HMX1SuW28
youtu.be/qUt4qLaG5ok
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tiny pimento cheese sandwiches

Got a picture or detail about this, homo?

now I know why people shoot up their workplace

apple turnover

Because some people make free food for everyone?

What's your point, nigga?

I mentioned those in the OP, but if you have some cool ass way of making them, I'm all ears.

I'm a girl btw

First of all, I've seen this thread before...hrm. Why is that? This is a cookbook you're pumping for info to make?

Are you a dept secretary? Are you codependent? Is this actually your job to provide snacks?

If none of the above, and you're simply trying to impress your cooking prowess, just cook shit you feel like cooking, random moods that you can explain well in inspiration, and then bring in "extras." So, go ahead and bring in a crock pot of chili, and a bowl of nacho chips, cheese, toppings "I brought lunch!" or crock pot of pulled pork or meatballs, bowl of cole slaw and some hawaiian rolls.

I would feel free to bring in a tin of brownies or cookies, or homemade crackers (southern cheese biscuit). Bring a banana bread, a clear "I had leftovers" kind of thing that people do. Bake and bring 1/2 of the "leftovers I can't keep at home cause I would eat it all" bundt cake not already sliced, so people can alternately do that "oh only a sliver" bullshit and others can take normal slices and just enjoy something with coffee. Tea sandwiches cut in quarters are easy but they should be refrigerated and covered well, or only set out a half hour.

In my office, we do a monthly seasonal kind of potluck. One thing is an offical chili contest with taste testing. New Year's healthy snacks. Halloween treats. Whatever they come up with.

This isn't OP. I'm OP. Not a girl.

>First of all, I've seen this thread before...hrm. Why is that?

I've made this thread before, that's why.

>This is a cookbook you're pumping for info to make?

No, there are countless such cookbooks online. I come here to talk with peope about things I like, in this case, cooking.

>Are you a dept secretary?

I'm a teacher.

Are you codependent?

I have many traits of that, but I cook for others because I genuinely love cooking and I like to give things to others, so I just do what makes me happy to do without thinking of what others might say.

>Is this actually your job to provide snacks?

It's not, but some coworkers said they'd happily pay for my foodly items.

>If none of the above, and you're simply trying to impress your cooking prowess

I also need to train, and I can't possibly eat 50 croissants on my own.

>I would feel free to bring in a tin of brownies or cookies, or homemade crackers (southern cheese biscuit).

I have never made cookies or brownies, so far, but I'm curious.

Another criterion I forgot to mention was that I can't really cook in the morning; everything I make needs to spend the night before consumption, and this changes how things taste quite a bit.

You have lots of ideas. I like that.

For context, I was raised in a cult and I don't know much about the real world.

don't forget gelees and terrines!

Attached: shooter.jpg (4160x2340, 488K)

What are these made of? I had them in restaurants but no clue how to make them.

Here's how to make gelee
youtu.be/V_HMX1SuW28

I thought terrines were like a head cheese type product? Not sure how well that's go over.

You may not take money in the workplace or run a business within a school or use school resources to promote a business (paper? email? their time they are paying you), or solicit for a business. I doubt you actually want to do that, but since you claim some naivety about the real world, know that in a school district anything you do that is not above impropriety can be used against you to fire you for any reason whatsoever. It happens. All. the. time.
This would violate some existing district policies, if you were stupid enough to tell someone to look them up for you and tip them off what you intend to do thereby providing them with a weapon against you.

About the only thing you can do is nicely reciprocate some shared lunches for which no one takes money, but just turns bring in some shared goodies. This would work. Just start with something lunch like, park it in a fridge, and bring it out at lunch. You don't need ideas. You simply need to drop the cost part of it and only do it out of the goodness of your heart.

Start with 1 dish. Make it. Then look for next inspiration. This is how people grow as cooks. Make a marinated salad (ie pasta). Here's a quick example. Buy a couple boxes of taboulleh mix from Near East. Soften it up in hot water, and then prep some coarsely chopped farmers market bags of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion. Fold in a massive handful of chopped parsley, a drained jar of pitted black olives, a container of whole feta that you cubed up, and juice of two lemons. A glug of olive oil is nice. In the morning, you hit it with some more fresh lemon juice. Dish out at lunch time the next day nice and cold. Fresh pita isn't bad. Add some grilled chicken or little meatballs you oven baked, if you want meat. Whatevs. This is my go to potluck dish and takes a literal 10 mins of prep the night before while I make my own dinner. All "I'm on a diet" people are happily pleased with the offering.

>what are these made of
The recipe is literally in the image.

Thanks, this is awesome. I might make that soon.

>what are these made of
>no clue how to make them

You literally quoted a post with a full recipe.

Gelatin and aspic mostly

Attached: 1520926900420.jpg (960x720, 68K)

>head cheese
Some, but some are nice light summer fare.
not exactly finger food, but can be hors deourves.

Attached: gelee.jpg (4160x2340, 489K)

>You may not take money in the workplace or run a business within a school or use school resources to promote a business (paper? email? their time they are paying you), or solicit for a business.

I'll do whatever I damn well please. If my boss has a problem with that, he will let me know for sure, but I doubt he would.

They'd have a very hard time finding another teacher like me who agrees to work for the pay they give me, so don't worry.

That said, I prefer to give food for free than make people pay for it.

Cool ideas.

Stuffed mushrooms w spinach and parm are my fave for holiday parties

I don't know how to make gelées and terrine from just seeing them.

>sees tiramisu
>instantly knows all the ingredients and how to make it

Even if it looks simple, that doesn't mean the process is simple; that's just an assumption you can make when you already know how it's made.

you're retarded.

What cult?

It's not famous at all. It's called something like "The Children of the Divine Love" if I translate roughly and amounted to 500 people tops.

We all lived in a small mountain village, isolated from everything else. I came out past my 30's, when the entire town got busted, and I had to adjust to real life now. The cult was mostly a façade for the elders' depraved sexuality, while the rest believed in earnest.

Adjusting isn't easy. Sex was considered normal to be had in front of everyone, while cooking was highly taboo, which is why I know very little about how to make food.

Don't be mean this is really cute

youtu.be/qUt4qLaG5ok
This would be a good option for savoury food

>Sex was considered normal to be had in front of everyone, while cooking was highly taboo
I was in a cult that combined sex and food; it was called spirit cooking.

Beautiful video.