Gin Thread

Gin appreciation thread

What's your favourite gin and how do you like to drink it?

Pic is of a gin I got a gin festival that I brought over to drink with my family last weekend. Amazing either neat or with ginger ale - unsure how it would be with tonic.

Attached: IMG_20180324_191156.png (1043x1408, 2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lorannoils.com/bakery-emulsions/butter-vanilla-bakery-emulsion-0742-emulsion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Small batch 37.5% infused meme gin.
2/10.

I really enjoyed it - it was mostly small batch gins at the festival anyway.

What gins would you recommend instead user?

I really liked beefeaters gin
Tanqueray Rangpur is really not good stay away from that. Nice thing is good gin is cheap relative to other liquor
What was that gin infused with?

Ive been thinking about infusing some nice rum lately to make it delicious to sip
What would you guys do for this desu

I've not had beefeaters in years - I should probably try it again. Is that your default gin? I think my default is maybe a hendricks with cucumber. Although Aldi does some really nice gins in collaboration with Eden Mill that are super cheap.

I've never seen that type of Tanqueray gin but I will avoid. I really dislike Makar gin (even though its made in my hometown).

The gunshot gin is infused with a bunch of different spices - mainly cinnamon and cloves I think?

Infused rum would be tasty. I don't know why but I think mango or pineapple might be good?

>infused gin
inb4 kys

Seriously though, I've seen many a good men ruin their lives on that shit, not wine not beer but Gin. Enjoy it in moderation.

Harris Gin is the king of gins.

Its so hard to find though when you're out and about at pubs/restaurants . I found it once in a bar and spent way way way too much money that night.

Attached: Harris-gin-from-Grays-Deli.jpg (1000x1109, 340K)

It's called 'mother's ruin' for a reason.

Also the bottles are so pretty I save them and use them to serve tap-water in at dinner parties. People get really impressed.

Yeah beefeaters is my go to! Tried a taste test between that, tanqueray, and bombay and it was by far the best. The tanqueray rangpur had rangpur limes in it and bombay the lemon. The lemon and limes infused took away from the flavor amd only added a harsh acidity though i have never tried hendricks
And yeah im definitely thinking something fruity. Sipping on a rum thats like a caramel apple would be top.
Might try mixing a bit with a piece of candy honestly lol

Hendricks is lovely - it's very 'cooling' if that makes sense? It needs to be served with cucumber though!

That's interesting about the infusions. I love lime in gin and tonic so maybe I would like the tanqueray? Not a fan of bombay saphhire desu.

Some toffee would be nice to infuse rum with if you were looking at candy/sweets

Neat

These guys also have a great aquavit if you're into that

Attached: vikre.jpg (798x1200, 74K)

This looks really cool. I've never tried anything with spruce but I'd imagine it'd be quire refreshing?

I'm slowly getting into drinking gins neat - some of them are a bit harsh!

CMV there's no point spending money on super premium gins.

In the UK, that generally means ones above £30

I got into spruce with some pine-y beers--definitely refreshing, good for clearing out the sinuses. The same distillery does a cedar gin as well, smells great but tastes awful imo

The spruce stuff sounds great - really unusual!

I've not came across anything like that here (Scotland). Most gins are wild plant/ sea plant infused - not that that's bad - just there's a gap in the market.

You can get lovely gins for under £30 in the UK.

There's a couple of gins out there that are worth going over £30 (I think someone posted Harris Gin earlier) - but I'd always recommend going somewhere and trying those gins before spending.

>€7 in Hofer
>goes down smooth and little to no hangover
Fite me.

forgot muh pic

Attached: 80316_Johnsen_Gin_01_kw03_18_mo_dpd-1.jpg (860x422, 34K)

Never tried it. Looks like something I would take to a house party if I wanted to get wasted but not drink something disgusting.

So sounds good!

Crisp. Refreshing. Hint of citrus on the finish. Great with tonic and lime or neat.

Attached: Brokers-gin-and-additions-min.png (591x591, 119K)

not enough bombayfagging in this thread

>my goto

Attached: bombay-gin-sapphire-3_530x.jpg (530x342, 26K)

I always think bombay is just kinda a step above Gordon's - there's much better stuff out there.

Has anyone here every tried old tom-style gin?
Was It good?
I'm thinking about dropping €25 on a bottle of it.

What's a good entry level gin to get introduced to gin with?

top tier bang/buck

also great in a martini/gibson

I've had pic related. It was nice and interesting to try it for historical value but it's on the sweet side and I prefer dry.

Attached: haymans-old-tom-gin_temp.jpg (1000x1000, 84K)

I like the hats

In Merica there is a prairie organic gin I quite fancy. Not too botanical but interesting on the palate. Also Few makes something called breakfast gin which is dank. Other than that I usually opt for good ol tanquarey when making cocktails, and by cocktails I mean negronis and dry martinis

I really like the bottle with a giant green eye on it but don't know its name.

i usually like whisky/ey but i’ve been making a lot of cocktails lately with these
The Botanist
St George Botanivore
Plymouth

Botanist is my go to. Fucking tasty

soya??

Mixed it with caramel candy and it was horrible
Dont try this

beefeater, it's fairly cheap without being absolute shit and it's pretty much the best i can get my hands on without a lot of trouble.

I buy Fords when I can find it, a lot of places near my stopped carrying recently so I'm back to Bombay Sapphire or Gordons depending on how much I feel like spending

So many recommendations for bombay saphire/gordons/beef eater in this thread.

I guess Veeky Forums generally doesn't have a good taste in gin?

New Amsterdam

one of my favorites too, mostly drink this or boodles in the summer

My biggest problem with gin is that the cheap £10 Aldi stuff tastes as good as if not better than the expensive £25+ stuff so why bother with anything else? Except maybe Ophir, it is massively different but even it is only about £18

Attached: London-Dry-Gin-640x640.png (640x640, 201K)

Good stuff for dirt cheap

Best gin I ever had was from the Azores, if you know shit about shit you'd understand how superior the juniper is over there.

>without a lot of trouble
t. underage

There's nothing wrong with basic gins. It's not a competition to like the most obscure stuff.

You might want to try some Jenever. For me it's the original recipe of Gin which was only produced when the english couldn't access the Jenever market anymore due to war.

Attached: premium-jenever-homepage.47571b5c.jpg (650x325, 25K)

they make a really good Sloe gin

What would you recommend?

Pretty decent

Attached: 635540186494536376.jpg (460x460, 42K)

>gunshot
More alcohols liberals will never understand pls?

If you spend more than 25$ on gin you're pretentious and retarded

I'm really into brockman's right now. Bloom is also lovely

Or you just have a better taste in gin?

you. are retarded for thinking you’re some expert or authority on gin or that your mediocre standards are better than everyone elses

nah youre both idiots good gin is still cheap. go ahead and spend $50 on a bottle though i dont rly care

Anybody have this, any good? I've thought about buying it because it's local but it's also decently expensive.

Attached: Beehive.png (244x600, 173K)

Anyone know good shit that a kid in college can afford? Only ever tried bombay sapphire

beef eater is the best for your dollar without sacrificing taste but if you are that much of a poorfag then its better to just drink vodka since gin only really gets going in 30$+ category

If you want candy type of rum, go with vanilla. There are baker's emulsions that you could cook into a simple sugar and just mix it in as a flavored syrup. They're the best lazy flavoring stuff out there, and some of the flavors are very difficult to achieve through infusion. I like this brand, but I have only used some of the nut and fruit emulsions.
lorannoils.com/bakery-emulsions/butter-vanilla-bakery-emulsion-0742-emulsion
A mix of vanilla butter and caramel would probably end up like a butterscotch if done right. A little goes a long way.

>though i dont rly care
but you keep replying

simple syrup (50/50 water/sugar cooked until dissolved) not simple sugar*

You can get good cheap gin - it's just that stuff like bombay saphire/gordon's/beefeater isn't all that great.

If you're setting the bar at under $50 (so about £35 quid) I can get really nice gins for that price.

They actually can't sell it in the USA with the gunshot name - weird.

stop drinking flavored vodka you hipsters

being this stupid

Holy shit Glasgow bro? Southside here.