Are the pasta sauces from barilla good?

Are the pasta sauces from barilla good?

My sister just bought one, she wants me to cook chicken marinara.

Attached: 20180324_142354.jpg (2160x2160, 2.73M)

yeah

IMHO you can make a better sauce, and do so easily.

taste it, retard
I'd like to neuter the lot of you, Veeky Forums

not the best, not the worst

yes, please daddy. neuter me daddy.

Boy, you can make that sauce from scratch in

Barilla is a rip off, it doesn't really taste much better than cheaper brands. Also as already said, just make it yourself!

Attached: 0014311596476893.jpg (323x600, 39K)

if you think you can make a good tomato sauce in 10 minutes you have never cooked even cereal before. holy shit people on this board are dumb.

Guy Fieri's pepperoni one is good, no doctoring is necessary but fresh basil is always nice.

Jesus christ, calm down your butthurt is everywhere!

this board my be part of the reason why I drink and beat my dog

The only ingredients here are onions, tomatoes, evoo, garlic, basil and oregano, it doesn't take as much time as a bolognese sauce:
-heat oil
-saute garlic and onions
-add diced tomatoes
-add tomato puree, pepper, oregano and basil
-salt to taste
-medium-low heat, simmer for 7-8 mins

>evoo

i'm partial to classico for the cheaper end of store bought sauces but you'll survive

why not just buy marinara sauce if that's what you want though

Yeah it is surprisingly alright. I only started buying that brand because I thought it was funny how the CEO told fags off and laughed when they asked for a formal apology.

Good for the price. I make my own sauce usually, but it is never as cheap and is pretty annoying since the process is somewhat intensive and very long.

Kick it up saute onion garlic red pepper flakes for a few minutes add cup of red wine cook till wine evaporates add barilla simmer till slow boil add splash of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice to brighten flavors better than scratch bcause u cant buy decent canned tomatoes unless u have access to stuff restaurants use

You can cook a tomato sauce in 10 minutes which is better than the jarred shit you try hard

The jarred shit has a sour, tart taste, presumably because they have to put vinegar or something to preserve it. Because of this literally no jarred tomato sauce tastes nice unless it's hidden i na lasagne or something like that.

?

Maybe they're not an appreciator of the goddess Rachael Ray

Attached: she-has-a-budding-acting-career-1501767811.jpg (780x437, 69K)

I'm making a ground chicken pasta tomorrow. Mainly with Ragu.

the ones you can find in italian supermarket taste like crap, I don't think that the ones sold abroad are better.
Almost every pre-made tomato-based pasta sauce is bad, except maybe the really expensive ones you can find in fancy stores.
Just buy some decent canned tomatoes and you can prepare an excellent sauce in 10 minutes with just a bit of olive oil and chopped onion

Post sisters feet.

Fazoli's sauce is best.

Attached: fazolis.png (1024x629, 64K)

The very long cooking for a simple tomato sauce is just a meme that is pervasive only in the southern regions of Italy.
When you cook tomatoes for too long they develop a rather unpleasant taste IMO.
10-15 minutes is more than enough and they will keep a fresher taste.

better than most pasta sauces but generally you can make a way better sauce that will cost you less too.

this post made me laugh out loud
thank you user

I tried barilla pesto once and it was really bad.

Awful. It's worse than many of them.

If any sauce has more than 8 grams of sugar per serving, it's fucking gross and too sweet. Less than 7 is ideal for jarred sauces.