New Grill

How does Veeky Forums recommend I season my new charcoal grill?

Attached: IMG_1889.png (2048x1536, 3.86M)

Are you actually looking to "season" it like you would a cast iron pan, or did you mean to christen it?

Literally just cook some burgers and brats is the best way

I want to get the nasty new grill stank out of it
Will they still be edible afterwards?

wtf?

Apologies for not understanding the difference, I'm new to Veeky Forums but basically an ancientfag on Veeky Forums as a whole (been here since 2016 election) so I understand all the memes but not necessarily cooking slang

>machine oils
>paint
>other nasty shit

Are you retarded?

Attached: IMG_1878.jpg (678x996, 595K)

I genuinely can't tell if this is well crafted bait or actual retardation.

yep, I guess I'm retarded

OP, I don't clean my grill when I'm done with it. I fire up the propane the second time I use it, and after 10 minutes, brush it, then wipe down with some oil soaked towel with my tongs. Rub down to wipe off any powdery crusty carbonized bits. Then I put my food down!
For a newb on the grill, do thicker cuts which don't dry out while you wait for your doneness, or whole roasts whilst using a thermometer. Consider a nice premium cut of tender steak, like when ribeyes or ny strip steaks go on sale. Try a dry rubbed pork loin roast with the full fat cap on it. A marinated skirt steak is easymode, and you can brush it with a blender-made chimmichurri. Simmered in beer, ie already cooked sausages like , can be finished til crisp on the grill. Italian needs to be cooked first, but yummy deli sausages are fun to explore, like merguez or chicken-pesto or andoille are great on the grill. Rub in oil.
Finally, last but not least, put some slabs of sliced onion, zucchini, bell pepper, portobellos, eggplants, with a brush of olive oil and balsamic is great for sides, or to preplan your leftovers.
Burgers are great on a grill, but they are not easymode. You need to know to work with very cold meat when shaping, how to shape em to prevent puffing, a kind of practiced fast hand technique, and there's a fine line from raw to dry.
shisk-ke-bobs are easy, all the work is in the prep, but they're even cooking and great from there.

Attached: pork loin.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Yeah just as long as you let it preheat properly all that stuff will burn away it designed to not need any crazy shit to fire it up even the first time

>propane
Opinion disregarded

>doesn't like the constitution or the usa
>also doesn't want to move to venezuela, russia, china, colombia, brazil, etc

>preheat

You mean heat...

>can't tell this is a photoshopped picture

Fucking mong.

OP here, just cracked open my new grill and pic related is what I'm talking about.

Not like I'm mad at Weber or anything, just wondering the best way to cook this nasty process shit off.

Attached: IMG_1892.jpg (2592x1936, 1.12M)

you may be too fragile to do this
hang on, mom's gonna put some tendies in the oven

Season it? Fuck nigga, just throw a fire in the bottom. I leave my grill out over the entire winter. Fuck it. It's a piece of vented metal designed to hold burning coals.

Light a very hot fire. Put grate on and heat. Use a wire brush to clean it. Take peanut oil dip a paper towel into it. Light coating on the grate. Proceed to cook whatever you want on it.

Just st take some kingsford blue and dump the whole thing there and let her rip but you might want to save the grilling for propane though, grilling is for suburban folk. Real men smoke their meat low and slow on saturdays and the lords day of rest

May want to use some warm soapy water and scrub then

Thank you.

Fuck all the redditors in this thread

Retardation. "Crafting bait" is also retardation.

CHECK THE FUCKING MANUAL RETARD

Just use it you fucking idiot. If you really want to cleanse it wait until you get flames and throw some petrol on there.

Use it indoors with closed windows.

It actually says not to do that in the manual

Bruh, buy a better grill. I literally just got a new grill and there was definitely no "stank". But you should start burning the coals for 5-30 minutes depending on the desired temp which will sanitize it

WIPE IT WITH USED MOTOR OIL TO KEEP IT FROM RUSTING IN THE OFF SEASON

>an ancientfag on Veeky Forums as a whole (been here since 2016 election)

What?

Attached: Fry-Not-Sure-If.jpg (853x315, 64K)

I actually came to Veeky Forums to ask about an idea I had related to this. I have some cast iron oil I use to season those pans (its basically food safe linseed oil) and was wondering if it would work on the bbq to help reduce sticking.

I have a 6 burner grill though and generally preheat to 600-700 so it seems like it would just bake off any oil applied.

>wire brush
Fucking amateur

lmao I got here as a 14 year old off Newgrounds.
Pool's closed.

Lol, I'm snacks.